Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-13-2014, 04:48 PM   #1
NickNH

Default Caloric Gas Oven problem

Sorry if there's already a thread on this subject. We have a Caloric Gas range and the oven has stopped working. The stovetop works fine so my husband thinks the electric thing that tells the oven to light needs to be replaced. Who should we call for this? We're in Moultonborough. A bit on the desperate side as this just happened and we have a big family reunion coming up in a week.

Thanks for any recommendations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by NickNH; 07-13-2014 at 04:58 PM. Reason: spelling
NickNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:01 PM   #2
DickR

Well, you can always call for service from some place like Crown Appliance in Center Harbor (http://www.crownappliance.net/).

If it were me, I'd first suspect the igniter. A quick search on "replace caloric gas range igniter" turns up a lot of links, including this one from Sears: http://www.sears.com/caloric-gas-ran...-SPM6616930903

If you have the documentation that came with the range, it may well have a diagram of the internals, with a parts list. You may be able to figure out how to get at the igniter to inspect it for a crack that would indicate failure. Hopefully someone will post here how to locate the igniter. You probably could find out that info online. This sort of thing happens all the time all over the place, and replacement of a failed igniter easily falls into the DIY category. This link is the sort of thing you'll find easily: http://www.applianceaid.com/gas-igniter-replacement.php

Look at several such explanations, perhaps even a video to see if it's the sort of thing you want to tackle. Of course, if the igniter seems intact, with no visible crack indicating failure, the problem could be in the sensor that detects a hot igniter; that detection has to occur to signal the gas valve that it's ok to open. But even that part would be available online.
DickR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:03 PM   #3
TheProfessor

Prompt and courteous service gas appliances and all appliances.

S V APPLIANCE REPAIR
70 Durgin rd
CENTER TUFTONBORO, NH 03816
service 603-724-0545

svarepair@svarepair.com

I have no connection with this company or people other then they repaired my gas oven.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:15 PM   #4
NickNH

Thanks to you both...Crown Appliance is coming to fix the oven this week...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NickNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:51 PM   #5
DickR

Nick, post a final entry after the fix to let us know what it was, to satisfy the curious.
DickR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links