Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-04-2005, 10:05 AM   #1
Jeff Furber

Default Boat crash on Rattlesnake

Can anyone give me some info on the boat that ran aground/crashed on Rattlesnake in the last couple of days? Thanks
Jeff Furber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 01:12 PM   #2
GWC...

Default Hope this helps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Furber
Can anyone give me some info on the boat that ran aground/crashed on Rattlesnake in the last couple of days? Thanks
Hope this link to another post helps...
GWC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 05:56 PM   #3
Lake Lady 6

Default Boat accident on Rattlesnake Island

The gentleman who was driving the boat resides on the north side of Rattlesnake Island and was returning from picking up his brother and sister-in-law on the mainland. This is a man who has been on the lake for more years than most of the people posting here. He has worked on the lake as well and still does construction projects for many local residents, including Rattlesnake Islanders.

He was attempting to reach his unlighted dock on the west side of the island and ran aground next to his dock. He has been hospitalized since the accident to the best of my knowledge. His brother and his wife were not injured as badly. How it happened I do not know but I am confident it was purely an accident which even very experienced boaters have on occasion.

Our prayers are for a speedy recovery Lyle.
Lake Lady 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 07:23 PM   #4
DRH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Lady 6
The gentleman who was driving the boat resides on the north side of Rattlesnake Island and was returning from picking up his brother and sister-in-law on the mainland. This is a man who has been on the lake for more years than most of the people posting here. He has worked on the lake as well and still does construction projects for many local residents, including Rattlesnake Islanders.

He was attempting to reach his unlighted dock on the west side of the island and ran aground next to his dock. He has been hospitalized since the accident to the best of my knowledge. His brother and his wife were not injured as badly. How it happened I do not know but I am confident it was purely an accident which even very experienced boaters have on occasion.

Our prayers are for a speedy recovery Lyle.
Lake Lady 6 is correct in her description of Friday night's boating accident on Rattlesnake. The individual driving the boat is one of the most responsible people I know, and he has many, many years' experience boating and working on Winnipesaukee. Neither speed nor alcohol played any role in this accident. Contrary to the article in the Laconia Citizen, the driver is still hospitalized with serious head injuries. We wish him well and hope he recovers soon.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:01 PM   #5
Pepper

Default I concur

I concur with DRH and LakeLady6. Lyle is one of the most experienced boaters on the big lake, and is an individual who exercises good judgement and caution at all times.

We are truly saddened to learn of this accident, and will be keeping the whole family in our prayers.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:11 PM   #6
John A. Birdsall

Default rattlesnake accident

I was told by his friend that he had turned on his light and his neighbors light to use as navigational aids, as I understand it his neighbor came home turned his light off, and lyle used the wrong two lights on his return trip. Lyle has not had a good couple of weeks, he is just recouperating from a labor related accident, which in itself was serious. Best of luck to him and his family.
John A. Birdsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 01:26 PM   #7
DRH

Lyle was released from the hospital this morning and I spoke to him briefly. Considering the seriousness of his head injury, he is on the mend. He has to remain still and get plenty of rest for the next several weeks, but it seems that after his recuperation he's going to be fine.