Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Weather
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
CanisLupusArctos

Default March 15 - Snow

A winter weather advisory has just been issued for the possibility of 3 to 6 inches of snow across central New Hampshire tonight through midday tomorrow.

Low pressure will move from near West Virginia tonight to near New York City tomorrow morning and out to sea south of Nova Scotia by tomorrow night.

The latest conditions, reported snow amounts, and NWS forecast/warnings are always on the Winnipesaukee WeatherCenter page.

Here we go again...
CanisLupusArctos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:55 AM   #2
John A. Birdsall

Default snow

snnow in new england this is funny ha ha ha
ICE OUT YET???
John A. Birdsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:44 AM   #3
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default alton Bay new snow

Measured 3 inches of new snow here just above the bay at Keywadin Park, or Precious Gardens garden shop on Rte 11.

Beware the Ides of March !!!!!

Et Tu??????
Old 03-16-2008, 10:24 AM   #4
moose tracks

Location: Loudon, Tennessee, foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains

With the 3 inches of snow we got on Saturday - Where do we stand on total snowfall for the 2007-2008 season? I think the record was set in 1873-1874 @ 122 inches.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:44 AM   #5
EricP

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose tracks View Post
With the 3 inches of snow we got on Saturday - Where do we stand on total snowfall for the 2007-2008 season? I think the record was set in 1873-1874 @ 122 inches.
Mike Hadaad (I believe it was him, or at least one of the meteoroligists) on channel 9 the other day mentioned that prior to 1900 some of the snow amounts were rounded up and so even though that season holds the record since they've been keeping them, it may have not been all that accurate back then. Nowadays we measure in decimal amounts and they didn't I guess back then.
EricP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2008, 02:24 PM   #6
CanisLupusArctos

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose tracks View Post
This winter I've been including the month and season snowfall totals as comments on the Winnipesaukee WeatherCam page. They're near the bottom of the page, along with the lake temp readings. Currently it's about 111 inches for the season.

Saturday's storm gave more snow to the SE end of the lake than NW, according to reports I heard. My friend in the Lebanon NH area only had a half-inch, except at elevation where it was more.

Normal early-spring conditions are now happening in NH which means we can expect storms to produce more 'elevation snow' (a foot at the top of a mountain while 2 inches falls at the bottom) and also more wet snow that melts on pavement while stacking several inches on grass and melting within 24 hours of storm's end. It will still count toward the season snow total. For those tired of shoveling, take heart: We're now in the time of year when new snow can actually be left where it falls; the sun angle is now high enough to take care of it.

It has been many years since NH has been in such good shape for spring skiing as it is this year. A heavy winter like this should mean the higher ski areas will still have plenty of trails available in April and May. (I'd imagine Tuckerman Ravine would be skiable into June this year, barring any early heat waves.) I'm looking forward to skiing in shorts again...
CanisLupusArctos is offline   Reply With Quote