Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Weather
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2008, 10:07 PM   #1
CanisLupusArctos

Default One more snow video from the lake

For those who couldn't be here at the peak of this top-5 snow season, here's another view of what it looked like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1m-J94sv2Y
CanisLupusArctos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:00 PM   #2
nj2nh

Thumbs up

I just love your videos. The one of a year at the lake is a keeper. I am sending it all my friends who aren't yet jealous of those of us who get to spend any amount of time at my favorite place on earth.

nj2nh
Old 03-19-2008, 02:54 PM   #3
CanisLupusArctos

Default Thank you, here's another...

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I enjoy making these videos too.

Here's another one... a relaxation video of Franconia Notch from Monday. Not exactly "Winnipesaukee" but nearby, and shows how much snow is still up there, even after some melting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH3eu7JvEKk
Old 03-20-2008, 10:23 AM   #4
SIKSUKR

That's my home baby!Small world CLA.I was skiing Cannon that day and it was spectacular!I make that ride every Friday and Sunday in winter for the last 30+ years to my house in Mittersill and it never gets old for me.Too bad you didn't go to the next exit(Peabody slopes) and look back at Mt Lafayette in all it's snow covered glory.Thanks for that video.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:20 PM   #5
Dave M

Nice video CLA of Franconia. Just curious how you take the pictures in the car. Is somebody else taking them. Seems to steady for that. Do you have a tri-pod set up with a remote.

Dave M
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2008, 07:48 PM   #6
nj2nh

Default Another winner

Franconia Notch is a great video, too. Makes me sooooo wish I was there, experiencing it all with everyone.

Instead, I am stuck in completely snowless NJ with a pond in my backyard that isn't supposed to be there. We could be a duck sanctuary at this point except there is no land for them to stand on!

I really liked how the trees on the mountains looked like they were dusted with powdered sugar.

Another winner, Mike!

nj2nh
Old 03-20-2008, 11:44 PM   #7
CanisLupusArctos

Default Thank you

Thank you. I just got into making videos and really loving it. DaveM, to answer your question - I'm driving with one hand and holding the cam with the other. I think it would've been *less* steady with a tripod because when I go over bumps my torso, elbow, and the car's seat under me all act as shock absorber for the camera. I'm also not going incredibly fast (it's dangerous and the camera makes it look faster than it really is, anyway) so it was good to have a light-traffic day when I didn't have to worry about people behind me! It's still not something I can recommend. I found I was only able to do it because of my ambulance experience, where I used to steer with left hand and operate siren & radio mic with right hand.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:46 PM   #8
Lin

CLA, I've sent your video links to friends of mine down south in Florida and the southwest. They thought it was chilly where they were the day they looked at them this week. They are glad they live where they do. They did say it was beautiful and they would love to come up and see it once in their lifetime, but lol, said they couldn't live here. Too much snow!!
Old 03-24-2008, 08:59 AM   #9
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin View Post
CLA, I've sent your video links to friends of mine down south in Florida and the southwest. They thought it was chilly where they were the day they looked at them this week. They are glad they live where they do. They did say it was beautiful and they would love to come up and see it once in their lifetime, but lol, said they couldn't live here. Too much snow!!
That's funny Lin,I lived in South Florida for a year and had to leave cuz there was no snow or mountains or rivers that actually looked like they were moving or changing off the seasons like here.I was sitting on top of Cannonn Mt yesterday and would not have wanted to be anywhere else.Just spectacular.You cant get that in Florida.I couldn't live there!To each his own I guess.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:04 PM   #10
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default And also a "weather warrior" photo on 3/25/08

On the 5:50 - 6 pm segment, the Weather Channel featured two photos from our Black Cat Island weather guru. Nice job Mike!

Dave