Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winni Pets
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2014, 08:37 PM   #1
eillac@dow

Default Our Baby Boy has left us

Our German Shorthaired Pointer has left us for a better place. One that I hope is filled with Bugs and Butterfiles and wide open spaces.

Our 6 year old Pointer....Hunter passed away this past Thursday. It all happened very quickly, a matter of 5 days actually. To say we are heartbroken would be an understatement.

Hunter was a ball of fun....and when we went to New Hampshire, he was in his glory. Think about it.....he is at home all week and has the yard to run and play....BUT when the weekend comes and he heads NORTH....heck, he has 32 acres to just run! Life is good! Life is great!

From his first steps on the island 6 years ago to his last trip there, he spent his time just running through the woods. You could be anywhere and all of a sudden say....Shhh....what's that? And low and behold he would be come bombing through the woods. How he never hit a tree, I will never understand.

Another favorite thing was to catch bugs. He was Pointer....A Hunting Dog! I kinda think they meant hunting birds and such....but he was a Bug hunter. He would see one, say on the dock, in the sun and he would just stand there forever staring at it...and finally pounce.

Hunter will come home soon and when he does, our family will sprinkle some of his ashes in the woods of the island he loved so much. When the wind blows, so will his ashes. It will be like running through the woods once again.

If I attached the pictures correctly, the first is of him this summer heading North and the second is of him fixated on a bug on the dock.

We love you dear Hunter!
Attached Images

eillac@dow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eillac@dow For This Useful Post:
BaileyBecca (09-03-2014), Bear Island South (09-09-2014), GTO (09-02-2014), Jeanzb1 (09-21-2014), winnasake (09-02-2014)