Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2010, 10:40 AM   #1
Bucktail

Default Aluminum Dock

Hello All:

I am in the market for an Aluminum Dock are there any recomedation for Make, features etc too look for? I am hoping for 4, 10 foot sections with removable decking. Any ideas of pricing?

I am getting too old for the 2X6 wooden construction.

Anyone selling a dock?

J
Bucktail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:44 AM   #2
Bear Island South

Default Use Search

use the search and type in "Aluminum Docks" you will find prior threads with recommendations on docks
Bear Island South is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bear Island South For This Useful Post:
Bucktail (03-30-2010)
Old 03-16-2010, 09:59 PM   #3
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucktail View Post
Hello All:

I am in the market for an Aluminum Dock are there any recomedation for Make, features etc too look for? I am hoping for 4, 10 foot sections with removable decking. Any ideas of pricing?

I am getting too old for the 2X6 wooden construction.

Anyone selling a dock?

J
Bucktail,

As I often do, I play the devils advocate when I here people thinking that the only way to get a easier to handle dock is to go to Aluminum. I have many numerous suggestions and design ideas, some of which I have proven to work, quite well and I use personally for wooden docks... If you build sections smaller, and make floor boards removable etc. etc. you can lighten the load and make things much more workable.
Bucktail (03-30-2010)
Old 03-16-2010, 09:59 PM   #4
tummyman

Default Dock

I started a thread earlier about aluminum docks. After a lot of research, I purchased a one year old dock from Watermark Construction in Gilford...found it on Craigs List. The manufacturer is Alummikon doing business as Sebago Dock in Maine. They are all made in Maine. I almost bought a new one from Sebago, but the used one came on the market and I was sold. The dock configuration in totally unique. Each post has a built in brace. Google "Alummikon" and click on the Sebago link. I was torn between this dock and a dock made by FWM. From what my research showed, the FMW was a top of the line dock, but pretty pricey. The Alummikon is less expensive and I really liked the design concept. I did a lot of research on various docks.....I think I made the best decision for me. You should at least research this product at Sebago...... By the way, Sebago Dock offers factory direct pricing on their products.... Call the owner Jim ....his cell phone number is 207-653-3625. He can answer any comparison of his dock to any other manufacturer. Again, I'm sold on this product. It is extremely rugged.

Last edited by tummyman; 03-19-2010 at 04:50 PM.
tummyman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tummyman For This Useful Post:
Bucktail (03-30-2010), Sebago Dock (06-11-2012)
Old 03-30-2010, 07:52 AM   #5
Bucktail

Default Thank you

Nw I am more confused, perhaps another year with wood.... Thank you for the replies though very useful, If i find an good deal on Aluminum will reconsider
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2010, 04:54 PM   #6
Sunrise Point

You should check out NH Craig's list. Type aluminum dock in the "search Craig's list" bar.
Sunrise Point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:35 PM   #7
Bear Island South

If you are a "do it yourselfer" then the aluminum is the way to go, I purchased our 6' X 40' off from Craigslist 3 seasons ago.
It takes us (my wife and I) 45 minutes to put in and 30 minutes to take out, once the first section is in and leveled the others are a cinch.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Bear Island South For This Useful Post:
Sebago Dock (06-25-2012)
Old 03-30-2010, 09:51 PM   #8
Bucktail

Default Beautiful View

Nice spot, worthy of your dock for sure. Rude question but what do these really cost? I got a bid for 7500 plus install for 6- 10X4 sections and 40 ft long with a 20X8 section for cockails on the end. seems pricey
Old 03-31-2010, 10:46 AM   #9
Bear Island South

Default that is pricey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucktail View Post
Nice spot, worthy of your dock for sure. Rude question but what do these really cost? I got a bid for 7500 plus install for 6- 10X4 sections and 40 ft long with a 20X8 section for cockails on the end. seems pricey
we were orginally looking at crank up docks 3 years ago and the price was very similiar, that is what prompted us to start looking elsewhere.
we paid $1800 for this used dock, keep looking you might find a deal.

This is an Eastern Township Dock, I believe there is a dealer in Belmont?
Old 03-31-2010, 11:41 AM   #10
Gatto Nero

I think I paid about $10K for my 6x40 tilt up back in '05. That included taking out the old dock, rebuilding the landing and installing some steps into the water. One of the best features of the tilt up is that I can take it in and out by myself. I can take care of the whole process in an hour or two.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:34 PM   #11
Boat Doc

We too paid a little more than $10K for our new crank-up dock from Watermark a couple years ago. Even though it was a more expensive option, the in and out is a breeze and Watermark did everything from soup to nuts including the permit, removing the old dock, new concrete pad, new aluminum dock, and after setting up the hardware they even taught us how to do it ourselves. It was well worth it!
Boat Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #12
Sebago Dock

Default Sebago Dock appreciates the recommendation.

We appreciate the recommendation. We had a lull in our service to Winnipesaukee but have a new dealer in the area and it is nice to see after being somewhat removed from the market for a few years there are still some good recommendations floating around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummyman View Post
I started a thread earlier about aluminum docks. After a lot of research, I purchased a one year old dock from Watermark Construction in Gilford...found it on Craigs List. The manufacturer is Alummikon doing business as Sebago Dock in Maine. They are all made in Maine. I almost bought a new one from Sebago, but the used one came on the market and I was sold. The dock configuration in totally unique. Each post has a built in brace. Google "Alummikon" and click on the Sebago link. I was torn between this dock and a dock made by FWM. From what my research showed, the FMW was a top of the line dock, but pretty pricey. The Alummikon is less expensive and I really liked the design concept. I did a lot of research on various docks.....I think I made the best decision for me. You should at least research this product at Sebago...... By the way, Sebago Dock offers factory direct pricing on their products.... Call the owner Jim ....his cell phone number is 207-653-3625. He can answer any comparison of his dock to any other manufacturer. Again, I'm sold on this product. It is extremely rugged.
Sebago Dock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #13
Diana

What Boat Doc said, Watermark FTW. There is a lot more than just buying a dock to consider and they did it all.
Diana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:39 AM   #14
Blue Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebago Dock View Post
We appreciate the recommendation. We had a lull in our service to Winnipesaukee but have a new dealer in the area and it is nice to see after being somewhat removed from the market for a few years there are still some good recommendations floating around.
Welcome to the Forum. This thread is over 2 years old. Having said that, Sebago Dock has an excellent reputation in the Lakes Region of Maine. I ended up purchasing my aluminum dock from a different manufacturer but the Alummikon was definitely in the mix.

BT
Old 06-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #15
bclaker

Default Wooden dock

In today's Laconia Daily Sun: SEASONAL WOODEN DOCK 70 ft.with poles $500 OBO 603-366-2551.
bclaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #16
Sebago Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Welcome to the Forum. This thread is over 2 years old. Having said that, Sebago Dock has an excellent reputation in the Lakes Region of Maine. I ended up purchasing my aluminum dock from a different manufacturer but the Alummikon was definitely in the mix.

BT
Yeah I saw the date on the post after I posted - it's good to hear that our name is still known out there.

Dave Farley of Diversified Marine in Laconia is carrying our Alummilite series, and Al Poulin of Manchester has been a dealer for us since 2008.

If this is not appropriate to post in here please let me know - this is our new lighter and more affordable option we're running with:

Old 06-25-2012, 01:53 PM   #17
Sebago Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana View Post
What Boat Doc said, Watermark FTW. There is a lot more than just buying a dock to consider and they did it all.

Pretty sure Watermark is a reseller of docks from a company located near us. They were the next best option for the types of docks they were selling for us. Compare Alummikon to the ones they are selling now and you'll see the difference in durability as well as stability.

They used to sell Alummikon for us and did quite a bit for us in that area. Their relationship with us ended when our company was restructured in 2008 - big ownership change when the founder of the company fell ill.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #18
TheProfessor

Send me a PM.

I know of a good used one that might be coming up for sale shortly.

It looks similiar to one in picture above.
It is not mine. I make no commission.
I am not in any business related to the lake.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote