Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-25-2007, 09:32 PM   #1
Sassamon

Default Need Landscaper, Carpenter, Electrician, Plumber & Painter

We recently purchased a cottage in Meredith that was built in the 50's. The previous owners focused mainly on interior renovations but left some of their projects incomplete. Nothing major - just a lot of little things that need to be addressed to get the interior and exterior into shape. I need recommendations for:

- a landscaper - for general yard clean up;
- a carpenter - for a couple of interior and exterior projects;
- an electrician - to check wiring/functionality of existing outlets/switches that appear not to work and replace exterior lighting on the driveway;
- a plumber - to fix a leak in the left side of the kitchen sink; and
- a painter - several interior and exterior projects

Also, our roof is loaded with pine needles. We've been able to clear most from the front side of the roof but are not able to reach the back via ladder. Not sure whether a landscaper would help with this or whether we would need a roofing company to assist?

Any recommendations you can provide for folks that might provide these services would be greatly appreciated.
Sassamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:11 AM   #2
AC2717

Lightbulb Electrician

Hi,
Congrats on the place, it is a long road ahead of you I just went through a total gut rehab over the winter. Did most of the work myself but for an electrician and for inspection I used Hutchins Electric. Owner is Jim very nice been in the area for years. They send you out a bill when the job is done instead of wanting payment right then and there, and explains everything to you in detail and price before the job were to start. Offers a 10% discount if you pay within 1st ten days of invoice. Price was extremly reasonable, it is by the hour pricing at $66 an hour and then materials (I felt there was a very very small mark up on materials). If it is something you can do yourself they gave me the option of doing it because it would save you money as well, I had a very tight budget.

Brendan, who did the work was excellent, professional, and timley. I would definatley use them again.
Their main number is: 603-524-0657
leave a message and they will get back to you, They were recommended to me by one of the Thurston Brothers at Thurston's marine and I would highly recommend them as well

On a side note as well when the inspector came to check it out they asked who went over the electric I told him, and then he said well just let me look at your box. he opened the cover and said I am all set.
AC2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:30 PM   #3
ACutAbove

I can help you with the landscaping, and also the pine needles on the roof. Give me a call @ 603- 279-4639. My name is ken.
ACutAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:13 PM   #4
dmjr

My name is Don, I own Donnybrook Home Services (www.donnybrookhome.com), a full service property management company. If you need any help, please let me know.

Thank You
Old 06-30-2007, 10:12 AM   #5
Water Camper

Default Local Carpenter

I have used Bill Leaman out of Laconia quite a bit over the last year. He can be reached at tel # 387-1338.

Hope this helps,
Bill
Water Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2007, 02:03 PM   #6
RLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Camper
I have used Bill Leaman out of Laconia quite a bit over the last year. He can be reached at tel # 387-1338.
Hope this helps,
Bill
What type of work does he do???
- a landscaper
- a carpenter
- a electrician
- a plumber
- a painter
Or all of the above?

Last edited by RLW; 07-01-2007 at 04:36 PM.
RLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 04:00 PM   #7
boo

Blue Moon Builders out of Gilford for carpentry/roof 603-293-7901

fast, quality, construction!!
boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:12 AM   #8
Water Camper

Default Leaman Unlimited

Bill Leaman primarily does carpentry, painting, decks, drywall, home enhancements. He's a good all around contractor. He does have an 800 #,
1-800-998-3448.
Again, I would recommend him highly as he has done quite a bit of work for me over the last year or so.

Good Luck,
Bill
Water Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:25 PM   #9
BlackCatIslander

Default Plumber in the Moultonborough area

Can anyone suggest a good plumber in the Moultonborough area for some toilet repairs? Thanks.
BlackCatIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:35 AM   #10
lakefront

call lakefront for a plumber they do plumbing they are experienced and show up excellent plumbing ask for Bob 603-476-5255
lakefront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:44 PM   #11
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassamon View Post
We recently purchased a cottage in Meredith that was built in the 50's. The previous owners focused mainly on interior renovations but left some of their projects incomplete. Nothing major - just a lot of little things that need to be addressed to get the interior and exterior into shape. I need recommendations for:

- a landscaper - for general yard clean up;
- a carpenter - for a couple of interior and exterior projects;
- an electrician - to check wiring/functionality of existing outlets/switches that appear not to work and replace exterior lighting on the driveway;
- a plumber - to fix a leak in the left side of the kitchen sink; and
- a painter - several interior and exterior projects

Also, our roof is loaded with pine needles. We've been able to clear most from the front side of the roof but are not able to reach the back via ladder. Not sure whether a landscaper would help with this or whether we would need a roofing company to assist?

Any recommendations you can provide for folks that might provide these services would be greatly appreciated.
Sassamon,

I can understand hesitation on roof clearing, and ok sometimes electirical work is best left for a professional.... But have you given some thought to trying to tackle some of these problems yourself?

Over the years I have found the best part of having a family camp has been the enjoyment of a job well done when I have ventured into a project and completed it myself. Sure sometimes I was well aware of what I was doing other times, it was a whole new experience all together. What I learned though was to talk to friends and neighbors who where always willing to help out, and of course getting to know they guy at the local hardware store. Sure you have to know when something is over your head, but quite often things are really easier then they seem...
Old 05-13-2009, 04:57 AM   #12
hoopdawg

call Granite Shore Builders out of Mountlonboro and ask for Rick Achenbach
home 279-8600 or his cell 455-4939 tell him David told you to call
hoopdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:02 AM   #13
Winniview

Default landscape

outdoor property services in meredith is excellent.did my whole property in the fall.
john gamans
520-0226
Winniview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:27 AM   #14
Charlie T

Default I can recommend

I can recommend Ken at "A cut above" who posted above. . His company has been doing work for me for about 2 yrs. He is good and his prices are fair. I once had a small issue with some work and he returned promptly with no hard time or extra charge. I'm very pleased with his work and I'm about to call him for the anual spring clean-up. Give him a call you won't be sorry.
Charlie T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie T For This Useful Post:
ACutAbove (05-13-2009)
Old 05-13-2009, 05:11 PM   #15
ACutAbove

thanks Charlie, I will admit I am not always perfect and things do get missed from time to time, but I always try and make things right one way or another.

Let me know what you need and we can get it on the schedule.
ACutAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:59 PM   #16
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACutAbove View Post
thanks Charlie, I will admit I am not always perfect and things do get missed from time to time, but I always try and make things right one way or another.
In short you are human..... The good thing is you can have an off day, and you try and make amends.... that is one of the more important things when I look at contractors... "will this person stand by their work"........
Old 05-14-2009, 06:59 PM   #17
Irrigation Guy

Having been pushed out of the real estate business by high on going fees and low sales numbers, I have been painting and doing small construction jobs and handyman type work. I have worked for a member on here as well who was very happy with the outcome. This type of work is enjoyable to me and I have always done it through the years, and as a main line of work through my college years. I always expect my work to mimic what I would expect for my own home.

Please feel free to send me a message about what work you may have.

Thanks.
Irrigation Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:17 PM   #18
Pricestavern

Default Greg Brooks Electric

We purchased our place a couple of years ago and the entire electric needed to be redone. Greg Brooks Electric was fast, clean, and reasonably priced. Check out the others on this site who have dealt with Greg. That's how we chose him and we weren't disappointed. In fact we have addition electric work required and we're going to have him do it. Class act. As a matter of fact I keep his number on my cell phone, just in case: 603-767-3824
Pricestavern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:57 PM   #19
luvmypups

Default McCarthy Lawn !!!

McCarthy Lawn in Moultonborough does a beautiful job !! They are always there when they are supposed to be, decent prices and they really know what they are doing. I have seen a lot of " not so great " landscape jobs around lately, so be careful !! They are good guys at McCarthy and they know their stuff. They do a lot of work in Meredith too. The number for McCarthy Lawn is 476-2393. Good Luck !!!
luvmypups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:43 AM   #20
callmeD

In the Gilford/Laconia area, I can recommend Jay Brittain, Plumber.

Jay installed a sump pump for me last year, and prior to that he came to the house when I was having "leaky basement syndrome." He was prompt and efficient, and very pleasant to work with.

His number is 603.520.7713.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:03 PM   #21
Bluebell

Default Landscaper

Can anyone recommend a good landscaper in the Wolfeboro area?
Bluebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:01 AM   #22
luvmypups

Wink Blue Ridge landscape

Try Blue Ridge Landscape, I believe they are out of Tuftonboro but they do a great job !!
luvmypups is offline   Reply With Quote