Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2017, 06:51 PM   #1
shifthappens

Default Weak Internet Signal

Once again I call on the great members here to help with an internet weak signal problem.

Three weeks ago I signed on with AT&T for unlimited internet with their latest WiFi Hotpot device. Since receiving the unit I have had difficulties getting a decent signal other than 1 bar and very slow page loading. It's weird because when I do an ip address location it shows I'm in NYC even though AT&T had towers close by i.e. Laconia. I have spent hours with tech support and they have sent 3 new units with new sim cards during the short time with no change. i,e. When I check Home Depot for an item availability is shows the nearest stores in . . . NYC. The equipment is manufactured by NetGear but they offered no help as AT&T has set the parameters of their device and cannot be changed. I have looked into Hotspot boosters but before I do anything that may in fact not change anything I would ask the forum for advice. My dl speed is approx 2-3mbps and ul about .3mbps. I have moved the device outside and around the house but no change. I need a signal booster.

Thanks in advance.
Vincent
shifthappens is offline   Reply With Quote