Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
Marauder

Default Meredith Coffee Shop

Has anyone gone to the new Meredith Coffee Shop on DW Highway? If so what else do they have besides "coffee"?

Thanks
Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:03 PM   #2
winniplayhouse

I stopped in when they first opened. All I got was coffee but they did have some really nice looking homemade pastries and there was a short menu of sandwiches on the board. Staff was friendly. Worth checking out.
winniplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winniplayhouse For This Useful Post:
Lakesrider (10-03-2010), Marauder (10-02-2010)
Old 10-03-2010, 11:42 AM   #3
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

My wife and I checked that building out when it was for sale. We were/are looking for a nice building to put in a music store in the Meredith area. But it was not set up how we needed it. to much renovation had to be done.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:36 PM   #4
Hermit Cover

Default Coffee?

I stopped there a week or so ago and went in to sample their coffee....Over the years I have been spoiled by Starbucks and sometimes DD and like the strongest blend, darkest roast I can get and judge others by those...I chose the darkest (strongest) of their offerings and tasted each and was surprised by the lack of taste of either....coffee flavored water...more water flavor
than coffee. Sorry, but the house coffee...freshly ground at the Village Kitchen is better by far...the coffee offered by the Common Man group also very good for "house" blends. Starbucks "VIA" instant packets are awesome. IMHO
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:57 AM   #5
Overlake97

Default Great Coffee and Pastries at Meredith Bay Coffee House!

Hermit Cover wrote: "Starbucks "VIA" instant packets are awesome. IMHO"

And that's the only thing I agree with in Hermit's post! I've been to the Meredith Bay Coffee House twice since they opened a few weeks ago. The first time I got a cinnamon roll, and it was excellent. On my second visit I tried a raspberry/almond roll (like cinnamon, but with rasp/alm instead) and it was even better. (That's right, better than excellent.)

The coffee was also fine. I did notice that it was a bit more "robust" on my second visit, which I prefer, but still great both times. Definitely better than DD, and on par with McD's. The MB Coffee House is located on the right, .6 miles south of McDonalds on Rt 3 (in the old furniture store/house).

A word about Starbucks VIA packets: They taste just like fresh-brewed coffee; so much so that we sometimes make them right in our thermal carafe instead of brewing a regular pot. The packets say they're a combination of 100% Natural Roasted Instant and Microground Coffee, and you'll actually see the coffee sediment at the bottom of the empty cup. Cost is about $1 per cup/packet, but they're worth it.

UNRELATED QUESTION: Can anyone explain why my avatar penguins are not moving? The front one is supposed to push the approaching one into the water. Broadhopper has a Propeller that moves, and it's the same format as my "image" (gif). Any advice would be appreciated (webmaster has not responded).

Last edited by Overlake97; 10-05-2010 at 07:02 AM. Reason: add unrelated question.
Overlake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2010, 07:07 AM   #6
Winnigirl83

They did a great job with renovations. Love to sit there and enjoy my coffee. They're not open Sundays which is when I would really love to go - - read the Sunday paper with my coffee and whatever fresh pastry they have. I hope in the summer that they'll expand their hours.

The people are really nice as well. I believe the woman that owns it used to own the Village Bakery in downtown Laconia. It's nice to have a local coffee shop!
Winnigirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:43 AM   #7
karen47

Default local coffee shop

we do have a local coffee shop the village perk on main street.
karen47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:23 AM   #8
Winnigirl83

Default Clarification

What I meant was it was nice to have another local business, as opposed to a chain. Didn't mean to slight Village Perk - sorry.

For the record, I do go to VP (as well as your place).
Winnigirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:16 AM   #9
Shore Driver

I hope they do well. That area between the Meredith traffic circle and Roller Coaster Road/Tamarack is a commercial dead zone it seems. Seems kinda depressed. I don't know how JB Scoops stays alive there.
Shore Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:19 PM   #10
Newbiesaukee

We stopped in today. Very pleasant atmosphere and nice people. The coffee (which I drink black, no sugar) was very good as was the muffin and raspberry tart. Breakfast and sandwiches/soup are available.

Give them a try. We will be back.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:56 PM   #11
winnipiseogee

I was kind of suspect given the location but I have been in half a dozen times or so and have got to say they are doing GREAT job. The soups rock and all of the baked good are fresh and tasty. Helps fill the void left when the abondante cafe closed down. Keep up the good work!!
winnipiseogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:28 AM   #12
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Smile Coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit Cover View Post
Over the years I have been spoiled by Starbucks and sometimes DD and like the strongest blend, darkest roast I can get and judge others by those...I chose the darkest (strongest) of their offerings and tasted each and was surprised by the lack of taste of either....coffee flavored water...more water flavor than coffee.
Hermit Cover, have you tried the Black Bear Micro Roastery Charbucks Blend?

I wish this new Lakes Region business well!
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:02 PM   #13
nicole

My husband and I were there on Saturday. We had breakfast-sausage egg and cheese on English Muffins. My husband had a coffee and I had hot chocolate. We sat out in the sun porch area and enjoyed the food, read the paper and had a good time. Everything was great and we will absolutely be returning!
nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:15 AM   #14
Overlake97

Thumbs up This is a Great Place

I've started going to the Meredith Bay Coffee House almost every day on my journey from Gilford to Plymouth, where I work. So far, every pastry I've tried has been great. Cinnamon Roll, Apple Strudel (with a surprise almond paste at the bottom!), Sticky Bun, you name it. I've had everything but the muffins and scones, which I usually don't like but might try just to be sure I'm not missing something. The coffee is excellent too.

Today I plan to try one of their soups, based on an earlier comment that it "rocks."

PS: I still can't figure out why my Penguins are not moving. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Overlake97; 11-05-2010 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Add Penguin comment
Old 05-26-2011, 08:40 PM   #15
Kasey

Smile Meredith Bay Coffee House

http://meredithbaycoffeehouse.com/Me...fee_House.html

I love this place. It's open and sunny and airy and the food is very good. I've had the soup, quiche, egg & cheese bagel sandwich and the muffins and they were all excellent.

Another quality addition to the area!
Kasey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kasey For This Useful Post:
martbri7 (05-26-2011)
Old 05-27-2011, 02:55 AM   #16
Greene's Basin Girl

I had a chicken salad sandwich and squash/apricot soup the other day. Both were delicious!
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:03 AM   #17
NH_boater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlake97 View Post
PS: I still can't figure out why my Penguins are not moving. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Try resizing and upload again. It is likely a tad too big, maybe due to a programming change with the forum.
NH_boater is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NH_boater For This Useful Post:
Overlake97 (06-01-2011)
Old 06-01-2011, 08:09 AM   #18
webmaster

Thanked 3,697 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlake97 View Post
(webmaster has not responded).
I did not receive a message from you. Please ask your question about your avatar in the Site Support Forum.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:44 PM   #19
Overlake97

Default to Webmaster

You did respond to me, via email I think. Thanks.