Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2019, 10:54 AM   #1
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee
Default Fleet has grown

So the fleet is expanding.... Now the dock is full, what the hell am I to do, I have one for crusing, and one for speed... what if I want just one more......
Attached Images

Old 09-04-2019, 11:17 AM   #2
Sue Doe-Nym

Buy a property with a bigger dock.......or....you could make a donation for victims of Dorian....just a suggestion.
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 11:47 AM   #3
fatlazyless

If the white bow rider has a trailer, you can go do day trips to Winnisquam, Squam, and Newfound. All three have real good Fish & Game boat launches that are totally free for launching and car & trailer parking. Squam has lots of shallow rocks but the other two do not.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:03 PM   #4
AC2717

there's room for a nice fishing boat there
Old 09-04-2019, 01:13 PM   #5
LIforrelaxin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
there's room for a nice fishing boat there
It funny you should mention this, as you can see from this angle, I have acquired a swim raft, a paddle boat (not shown), and potentially a row boat sunfish, from a generous neighbor who is selling their property, and want to see their toys go somewhere will they will be enjoyed.... I am seeing my dock fill up fast because of this.... (the two boats pictured didn't come from this neighbor, those where my purchases).....
Attached Images

Old 09-04-2019, 02:01 PM   #6
DEJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
So the fleet is expanding.... Now the dock is full, what the hell am I to do, I have one for crusing, and one for speed... what if I want just one more......
Get a boat lift.
DEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:14 PM   #7
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEJ View Post
Get a boat lift.
A boat lift is not supposed to be used to increase the number of available slips.
However, the docking rules don't say anything about getting your own FORK lift.
Or, trade your cruising boat (the toon?) for a cabin cruiser with a hydraulic swim platform to store the jet ski. Bet you can get a nice cruiser/Jet ski package for next year. The Fort Lauderdale boat show is Halloween week/end. More stuff there than you can ever imagine at the NE Boat Show.
https://www.flibs.com/en/home.html
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 03:19 PM   #8
LIforrelaxin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
A boat lift is not supposed to be used to increase the number of available slips.
However, the docking rules don't say anything about getting your own FORK lift.
Or, trade your cruising boat (the toon?) for a cabin cruiser with a hydraulic swim platform to store the jet ski. Bet you can get a nice cruiser/Jet ski package for next year. The Fort Lauderdale boat show is Halloween week/end. More stuff there than you can ever imagine at the NE Boat Show.
https://www.flibs.com/en/home.html
Hummm, I wish I could sell this line of thinking to the Wife......
Old 09-04-2019, 03:27 PM   #9
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default Fur for her

Quote:
Hummm, I wish I could sell this line of thinking to the Wife......
Last time I was at FLIBS I saw women wearing fur coats. Just sayin'
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:30 PM   #10
Bootkie2

Are you close with your next door neighbor? Looks like they are sporting a four winns 18-19 bowrider and a cruiser too .

Sometimes you don't have to look too far to see where an artist draws his inspiration I guess.
Bootkie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:57 AM   #11
Cal Coon

Quote:
Seems like a good problem to have. You want another one, go get one!! I had four at one time, but came to realize it was a bit too much for such a short season. Down to two now. One for the big lake, and one for the small lakes. Only in America...!!
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 08:09 AM   #12
LIforrelaxin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootkie2 View Post
Are you close with your next door neighbor? Looks like they are sporting a four winns 18-19 bowrider and a cruiser too .

Sometimes you don't have to look too far to see where an artist draws his inspiration I guess.
The neighbors are actually relatives. But are not the source of my inspiration. When my parents bought our place 25 years ago, we had just a sport boat, and we discussed a pontoon boat. I was going to by a new sport boat, and my father was going to by a larger pontoon boat. Unfortunately my father's death and many other life circumstance got in the way of that dream. The neighbors, actually bought a sport boat, after having only had a sail boat for several years, after getting out on the water with us and realizing there was a lot of lake to explore.

I was able to replace our sport boat, 16 years ago now which was more important to us, but getting a pontoon boat, eluded me, for a while but when my eldest son decided not to go to college, I decided the timing was right, so I struck out.

Waterskiing, tubing etc. are in my blood, so I can't imagine not having a sport boat. I always thought I would simply forget about the pontoon boat, and just get a bigger sport boat.... But as time has gone, the price of boats has sky rocketed, and to get a sport boat, capable of skiing etc. and taking the family out for a 2 to 3 hour Saturday cruise comfortable is just to much money in my opinion.... So when I found a nice big pontoon boat, at a reasonable price, having two boats, suddenly came back into view.

The neighbors you have pointed out, my relatives, never intended to have two boats, however when at 88 years of age they realized they needed something easier to get in and out of, decided to look into a pontoon. I think they would have traded in the sport boat, but kids and grand kid whined and complained, so for the last two or 3 years, that sport boat has sat at the dock covered with minimal use, because honestly those kids and grandkid don't spend much time at the lake......

As for my two boats, the sport boat and Pontoon boat, go out every weekend that everyone is at the lake.... with our boys having Girl friends and guests now in our picture of life, that sport boat, just isn't the family cruiser it once was......... 8 people on the pontoon, last weekend was an awesome experience, no one left on shore, and plenty of room.....

You may draw a conclusion that an artist is drawing his inspiration from a source.... but you may also be wrong, this artist is drawing from old original dreams and the practical needs of life....
Old 09-05-2019, 10:06 AM   #13
macbeth

Quote:
The neighbors are actually relatives. But are not the source of my inspiration. When my parents bought our place 25 years ago, we had just a sport boat, and we discussed a pontoon boat. I was going to by a new sport boat, and my father was going to by a larger pontoon boat. Unfortunately my father's death and many other life circumstance got in the way of that dream. The neighbors, actually bought a sport boat, after having only had a sail boat for several years, after getting out on the water with us and realizing there was a lot of lake to explore.

I was able to replace our sport boat, 16 years ago now which was more important to us, but getting a pontoon boat, eluded me, for a while but when my eldest son decided not to go to college, I decided the timing was right, so I struck out.

Waterskiing, tubing etc. are in my blood, so I can't imagine not having a sport boat. I always thought I would simply forget about the pontoon boat, and just get a bigger sport boat.... But as time has gone, the price of boats has sky rocketed, and to get a sport boat, capable of skiing etc. and taking the family out for a 2 to 3 hour Saturday cruise comfortable is just to much money in my opinion.... So when I found a nice big pontoon boat, at a reasonable price, having two boats, suddenly came back into view.

The neighbors you have pointed out, my relatives, never intended to have two boats, however when at 88 years of age they realized they needed something easier to get in and out of, decided to look into a pontoon. I think they would have traded in the sport boat, but kids and grand kid whined and complained, so for the last two or 3 years, that sport boat has sat at the dock covered with minimal use, because honestly those kids and grandkid don't spend much time at the lake......

As for my two boats, the sport boat and Pontoon boat, go out every weekend that everyone is at the lake.... with our boys having Girl friends and guests now in our picture of life, that sport boat, just isn't the family cruiser it once was......... 8 people on the pontoon, last weekend was an awesome experience, no one left on shore, and plenty of room.....

You may draw a conclusion that an artist is drawing his inspiration from a source.... but you may also be wrong, this artist is drawing from old original dreams and the practical needs of life....
Thank Goodness for Parent's with Money. The lake would be empty without them.
macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 10:58 AM   #14
LIforrelaxin

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbeth View Post
Thank Goodness for Parent's with Money. The lake would be empty without them.
Someone in the family needs to start to process of having a lake front retreat. Yep parents that have money start it... But once they pass away, the kids have to take over. I am going through that now... The kids eventually have to have the money to keep things going....

Don't minimize people achievements.... And don't accuse people of riding coat tails when they are not.....

If I seem touchy in this area, I am.....
chipj29 (09-06-2019)
Old 09-05-2019, 11:17 AM   #15
bobkatfly

Quote:
Looks like there might be room to build another dock off the shoreline dock so you would have the existing sport boat in between two docks and room for a third boat on the other side, providing there's enough water depth there.

Amherst till the big 66 comes (made it!)
Winter Harbor/Mirror Lake till the big guy comes
bobkatfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 01:50 PM   #16
LIforrelaxin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkatfly View Post
Looks like there might be room to build another dock off the shoreline dock so you would have the existing sport boat in between two docks and room for a third boat on the other side, providing there's enough water depth there.
I have enough dock to take care of as it is, besides legally, I can't do that as the property only has 100' of frontage, I am allowed a single seasonal dock 40' in length...

I have watched plenty of neighbors of course ignore that, but that is not how I role.
Old 09-06-2019, 06:31 PM   #17
Cal Coon

Quote:
Someone in the family needs to start to process of having a lake front retreat. Yep parents that have money start it... But once they pass away, the kids have to take over. I am going through that now... The kids eventually have to have the money to keep things going....

Don't minimize people achievements.... And don't accuse people of riding coat tails when they are not.....

If I seem touchy in this area, I am.....
To be perfectly frank, if you're so "touchy" about certain subjects, then I don't know why you would even start a post like this, and not expect to get a response like the one from macbeth, who I don't think was even implying what you got all defensive about IMHO. You opened yourself up by starting such a post... I'm sure there are people out there that have an even bigger "fleet" than yours, but don't feel the need to post anything about it...

Last edited by Cal Coon; 09-07-2019 at 04:44 AM.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cal Coon For This Useful Post:
Descant (09-06-2019), macbeth (09-07-2019), Reilly (09-07-2019), Superduty1 (09-09-2019), thinkxingu (09-06-2019)