Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 03:46 PM   #1
V8TOR

Default Bretton Woods Parking for trailer

Headed up to Bretton Woods for February vacation for 3 weekday nights. I want to bring the sleds but the rental condo says I can’t part it there. Does anyone know if there is a place I could leave it overnight for the 3 nights?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2021, 03:37 AM   #2
fatlazyless

Check with www.thecog.com ..... they have a hiker's parking lot where they make hikers pay ten dollars to park while hiking the Ammonoosuc Ravine or Sphinx Trails in the summer and snowmobilers have a winter trail there. Is in Bretton Woods just across Rt 302 from the ski area.
Old 02-12-2021, 05:27 AM   #3
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,209 Posts

Or maybe you could pay FLL $89 to park at his place, so he can get his Ariens 24 fixed and we'll stop grinding our teeth at how much of his life he wastes trying to make decisions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
NH.Solar (02-25-2021)
Old 02-12-2021, 07:20 AM   #4
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,135 Times in 889 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Or maybe you could pay FLL $89 to park at his place, so he can get his Ariens 24 fixed and we'll stop grinding our teeth at how much of his life he wastes trying to make decisions.

Seriously? From someone who did a two year study with about 10,000 posts and questions before he pulled the trigger on one jet ski?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
Charlie T (02-12-2021), NH.Solar (02-25-2021), Top-Water (02-27-2021)
Old 02-12-2021, 07:40 AM   #5
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Seriously? From someone who did a two year study with about 10,000 posts and questions before he pulled the trigger on one jet ski?
Hahaha! Fair enough, though I've now got the perfect (and working) jetski while FLL has three broken snowblowers and a car he's been trying to replace for a couple years.

Besides, they're not mutually exclusive—FLL can squander time AND I can exhaustively research. I was merely pointing out a potential solution for two esteemed forum members.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2021, 10:47 AM   #6
panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8TOR View Post
Headed up to Bretton Woods for February vacation for 3 weekday nights. I want to bring the sleds but the rental condo says I can’t part it there. Does anyone know if there is a place I could leave it overnight for the 3 nights?
Thanks!

You should have no trouble parking the trailer during the week. They have lots at Fabians, Cog and Zealand Falls as others have said. I have seen a few trailers remain in lots overnight. Great riding up here right now! Need to arrive early for weekend parking as it's a bit more challenging.
Old 02-12-2021, 10:35 PM   #7
V8TOR

Thanks Everyone. Very helpful.

Old 02-25-2021, 02:37 PM   #8
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

It would be advisable to leave your whole rig in any of those lots overnight versus just the trailer. I know it's not a problem to leave a truck and trailer overnight.... just a trailer maybe or maybe not. Last thing you want is for it to be removed. Could quickly reach out to the Twin Mtn club and ask.
Old 02-25-2021, 03:42 PM   #9
NH.Solar

Wonderful friendly jibes from both Thinkxingu and TiltonBB ...refreshing to see on this frequently sullied forum
V8tor, you might also look into the surrounding towns like Lincoln, Franconia, or even Conway because the trail networks make for a quick commute. Maybe you can you park overnight in the Cannon tram parking lot or at one of the Lincoln sled rental lots??
Old 02-26-2021, 01:03 PM   #10
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH.Solar View Post
Wonderful friendly jibes from both Thinkxingu and TiltonBB ...refreshing to see on this frequently sullied forum
V8tor, you might also look into the surrounding towns like Lincoln, Franconia, or even Conway because the trail networks make for a quick commute. Maybe you can you park overnight in the Cannon tram parking lot or at one of the Lincoln sled rental lots??

FLL v Think- 2 out of three sets tennis match- Meredith courts this summer.
Tickets? Food? Donations to- ? TiltonBB- court judge!
Old 02-26-2021, 02:41 PM   #11
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPONLY View Post
FLL v Think- 2 out of three sets tennis match- Meredith courts this summer.
Tickets? Food? Donations to- ? TiltonBB- court judge!
Let's be honest: I'd be researching racquets while FLL looked for a coupon and free coffee, and neither of us would be on time for the match.

Old 02-26-2021, 06:28 PM   #12
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Quote:
Let's be honest: I'd be researching racquets while FLL looked for a coupon and free coffee, and neither of us would be on time for the match.

Ha-Ha!!! Probably true on all counts!
Although- FLL could get a "deal" at Walmart for two equal racquets and then agree on which local establishments/people will support his cause! Would he deflate the balls? Would he try to distract you by wearing his dock-removal outfit/noodles? A parade of his newly chosen vehi

FLL?
Old 02-26-2021, 06:43 PM   #13
ApS

Lightbulb Save Money...

Quote:
Although- FLL could get a "deal" at Walmart for two equal racquets and then agree on which local establishments/people will support his cause! Would he deflate the balls? Would he try to distract you by wearing his dock-removal outfit/noodles? A parade of his newly chosen vehicle FLL?
After a game, FLL could return the racquets, saving the expense of renting them.
Old 02-26-2021, 06:59 PM   #14
thinkxingu

Quote:
Although- FLL could get a "deal" at Walmart for two equal racquets and then agree on which local establishments/people will support his cause! Would he deflate the balls? Would he try to distract you by wearing his dock-removal outfit/noodles? A parade of his newly chosen vehi

FLL?
For the low low low price of $19.99 one can get, like, a super duper good deal on a Head tennis racquet with a free to-go coffee at the Plymouth Walmart. Started in 1878, the John J. Head Tennis Outfitting Company has made some of the best racquet sports gear in like the whole history of the world.

While there, pick up a Marie Calendar turkey pot pie to throw in the oven while using that great great Green Slime to fill up any lazy tires and a foam noodle which, when wrapped around a swimmer's waist with a nylon rope, can be like the perfect swimmer's companion in these cold, dark times when the sun's like so super low on the horizon.

Hey, that reminds me of this car I once owned before my current 2005 Honda Element with a low low 136,000 miles and 5-speed FWD...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
pondguy (02-26-2021), steve-on-mark (02-26-2021)
Old 02-26-2021, 07:12 PM   #15
tis

Thanked 1,371 Times in 947 Posts

Quote:
For the low low low price of $19.99 one can get, like, a super duper good deal on a Head tennis racquet with a free to-go coffee at the Plymouth Walmart. Started in 1878, the John J. Head Tennis Outfitting Company has made some of the best racquet sports gear in like the whole history of the world.

While there, pick up a Marie Calendar turkey pot pie to throw in the oven while using that great great Green Slime to fill up any lazy tires and a foam noodle which, when wrapped around a swimmer's waist with a nylon rope, can be like the perfect swimmer's companion in these cold, dark times when the sun's like so super low on the horizon.

Hey, that reminds me of this car I once owned before my current 2005 Honda Element with a low low 136,000 miles and 5-speed FWD...

Good job! You got it just right! Still laughing!!
Old 02-27-2021, 01:09 AM   #16
fatlazyless

Just saw this thread ....... ha-ha-ha ....... ho-ho-ho ......what can I say?

Local tennis hitting backboards?

Seems like local tennis courts in Moultonborough, Holderness, Meredith, Canter Harbor, Ashland, and Plymouth really picked up a lot of new users over the last summer what with the pandemic going on. Apparently, the pandemic moved people to go play outdoor tennis.

What some of these towns want to do to promote the game is to BUILD a HITTING BACKBOARD on their town courts so's individual players can practice hitting the tennis ball.

The best hitting backboards are built using plywood, 2x4's, 2x6's, and green paint and they get people to use the courts for hitting practice.

Without a hitting backboard the courts tend to be empty of players, except for the increase due to the pandemic for last summer and fall.

Ok ....... so, all you pandemic tennis players around these here towns ...... I won't be naming the towns with NO hitting backboards ..... but they know who they are ....... don't they ....... Ashland, Centre Harbor, and Plymouth ....... come on now ...... your very nice courts are all missing the boat here ...... what with NO green tennis hitting backboard???? If Holderness, Meredith and Moultonborough can have a tennis hitting backboard then why not in Ashland, Centre Harbor, and Plymouth?

Do it for the children, do it for the adults, just do it ....... go build a 12'-high x 24'-wide tennis hitting backboard ..... and the best ones are built with plywood, 2x4's, 2x6's, and green paint! It will last out there, attached to the chain link fence for something like 40-years with a strong build, so you will be building it for all the new tennis players to practice hitting the yellow tennis ball well into your town's future.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 02-27-2021 at 07:19 AM.
Closed Thread