Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-23-2010, 08:28 PM   #1
James Leroy

Default Woodbury's Manor Newfound Lake ???

Looking for memorabilia from Woodbury's Manor and Cottages. Signs, advertising, cottage name signs. Also interested in knowing if any of the original cottages that were moved from that site are still around.
James Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
wolfegirl

Default Mostly memories and pictures

My family stayed there from '71 or '72 to about '79 or '80 for two or three weeks every summer. We kids loved it - between the playdium, pinball, bingo, movies, pool, table tennis, swimming, etc. etc., there was always something to do if you had a couple of quarters to spend.

I don't have any physical memorabilia except pictures and had no idea that any of the cottages were preserved when it was sold for condos (around 84 or 85, I think). We stayed in the Nelson, which was next to the road, across from the "Touro". The neighboring cottage was the G Walter.

Coincidentally, I found my old journal from the 1976 trip about a week ago. It is pretty funny to learn what mattered to me as a 13 year old, like how late I could stay out and what people's pinball scores were!!

Maybe we crossed paths back then!
wolfegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:56 PM   #3
djwoodward

Do you remember the car with the PA system that travelled all around the Newfound area...

"Rain or Shine it's Bingo time at Woodbury's Playdium"
djwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:50 AM   #4
James Leroy

How about Gene Woodbury making donuts in the little shed next to the Manor? Bottle rockets, punks, and sparklers sold inside the Manor. As well as the soda fountain they had. Grandma was on the loudspeaker daily calling out, "Billy's waterbike is due in!", and Dusty running the Playdium. FUN TIMES!
James Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:38 PM   #5
Linda Osborne

Question Woodbury's sticker

Hi, I saw your request and there is a vintage Woodbury's car sticker currently posted on eBay. The number is 110677838013. There's only a bit over an hour left to go on the auction, but if you are interested I can relist it if necessary (with or without the Hago Harrington items).

I don't specifically recall Woodbury's, but as a kid I spent parts of summers at Newfoundlake and lived for the winter of 1969 in Center Sandwich just north of Squam. Great area.

Linda Osborne Blood
Marblehead, MA
Linda Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links