Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-07-2017, 10:20 AM   #1
Shush23

Default Campground Search

Hi Everyone! I'm so excited to be joining this forum, as my husband and I have been dreaming of the Lake Life for years and are finally in the final stages of planning. We are looking for a seasonal RV campground, ideally with a small beach and boat access to Winnipesaukee. We spent the day in the area yesterday, and we viewed an RV for sale at Paugus Bay Campground. Needless to say, we have fallen further in love with the area and are eager to start the process. My husband grew up boating on Winnipesaukee, and he is excited to share these experiences with our children. I am hoping that some of you veterans will have some perspectives to share on campgrounds we should be looking into. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give to a couple of newbies!
Shush23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:25 AM   #2
Doobs41378

You should look at Acadia in Moultonborough. There are a few owners here on the forum that could answer questions for you. I believe it's a condo campground which means you own the land the unit sits on.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Doobs41378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:28 AM   #3
codeman671

Try Long Island Bridge Campground. There is a beach across the street, as as well as a marina (Trexlers) a short walk away.

http://www.longislandbridgecampgroundnh.com/
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:21 AM   #4
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

The campground owner's association lookup tool:

http://www.ucampnh.com/find-a-campground/
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:12 PM   #5
kawishiwi

Default Seasonal...some years in the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shush23 View Post
Hi Everyone! I'm so excited to be joining this forum, as my husband and I have been dreaming of the Lake Life for years and are finally in the final stages of planning. We are looking for a seasonal RV campground, ideally with a small beach and boat access to Winnipesaukee. We spent the day in the area yesterday, and we viewed an RV for sale at Paugus Bay Campground. Needless to say, we have fallen further in love with the area and are eager to start the process. My husband grew up boating on Winnipesaukee, and he is excited to share these experiences with our children. I am hoping that some of you veterans will have some perspectives to share on campgrounds we should be looking into. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give to a couple of newbies!
I believe the long island bridge campground has an estimated 7 year wait list for seasonal sites...
kawishiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2017, 04:39 PM   #6
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Shush, we own in Arcadia--there were 8 sites for sale throughout the season, but I think that's down to only one or two right now (though there's usually one "secretly" for sale). Feel free to PM me with questions. In the meantime, it's a condo campground, so sites are owned and owners have HOA fees ($1200/yr.) and taxes (~$600/yr.). There's a loading ramp, docks, and beach poles--between those options, most people are happy. Because it's an association, facilities are much nicer/better condition than transient campgrounds. Also, it's on Hanson Cove, Moultonborough, which may be further than you want a. from your home and/or b. from the "main" lake. We think it's perfect, but understand it's not perfect for everyone. Cheers!

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:34 PM   #7
ishoot308

Thanked 4,939 Times in 1,915 Posts
Default Ellacoya

Ellacoya State Park has a nice RV campground right on the water. Good hookups, nice picnic area and firepit and great views of the lake! No pets though!

Dan
Old 08-07-2017, 09:33 PM   #8
Descant

Thanked 1,509 Times in 982 Posts

I can see a trailer stationary at a campground, not an RV. If you want to rent a campground, I think there are spaces at Gunstock. If you don';t own anything now, there are camp size boats for sale at Mountain View Yacht Club. Two 38 foot cruisers, one for $45K and one for $70K. Live aboard with shorefront, beach, etc. The budget may work differently, but you're on the lake with great facilities, not a drive away.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:26 AM   #9
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Thumbs up This what can happen from just going Camping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Shush, we own in Arcadia--there were 8 sites for sale throughout the season, but I think that's down to only one or two right now (though there's usually one "secretly" for sale). Feel free to PM me with questions. In the meantime, it's a condo campground, so sites are owned and owners have HOA fees ($1200/yr.) and taxes (~$600/yr.). There's a loading ramp, docks, and beach poles--between those options, most people are happy. Because it's an association, facilities are much nicer/better condition than transient campgrounds. Also, it's on Hanson Cove, Moultonborough, which may be further than you want a. from your home and/or b. from the "main" lake. We think it's perfect, but understand it's not perfect for everyone. Cheers!

We started out at Arcadia 20+ years ago. We had a site over looking Hanson Cove. We had an option on it. Stayed there 4 Seasons. We decided we want something year round so we could be here any time we wanted. Snowmobiling had a lot to do with the decision.

We decided to work on relocating to Moultonboro (from Mass). My wife made the first move. I ended up staying in Mass for another 10 years, Job thing. I retired 2 years ago, I finally made it.

We grew out of our house in Far Echo and built a home in the Kona area. Been at the "NEW" house for 16. We are just finishing adding a 2 car garage that we put the foundation in for 16 years ago when we built the house. Some thing take time.

Oh as for the Snowmobiling, We have a Trial Entrance a minute from the house. Had nothing to do with the location of the house?

This is an area that can grow on you.

Every Sunday when we packed up and headed back to Mass as we drove up the Neck Road we said WHAT are going back for. Some how we managed to pull it off!

Last edited by WINNOCTURN; 08-08-2017 at 09:07 AM.
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:17 AM   #10
Shush23

Default Thank you!!

Thanks so much for all of your helpful responses! I've been combing through all of these websites, exploring our options and it appears as though we are limited within our pricepoint, but not without possibilities. We have two children (ages 9 and 10) and a medium-sized poodle mix, so we really need family/pet friendly. Our hope is to spend weekends and vacation weeks at our campsite for now (we live about 45 minutes south of Weirs Beach), but I could totally see us deciding to retire to the Lakes Region one day. 😊 For the moment, however, we are really looking for a starter camp and RVs on seasonal sites seem to fall within our budget...the search is on!
Shush23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:05 AM   #11
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shush23 View Post
Thanks so much for all of your helpful responses! I've been combing through all of these websites, exploring our options and it appears as though we are limited within our pricepoint, but not without possibilities. We have two children (ages 9 and 10) and a medium-sized poodle mix, so we really need family/pet friendly. Our hope is to spend weekends and vacation weeks at our campsite for now (we live about 45 minutes south of Weirs Beach), but I could totally see us deciding to retire to the Lakes Region one day. 😊 For the moment, however, we are really looking for a starter camp and RVs on seasonal sites seem to fall within our budget...the search is on!
One other note: the seasonal campgrounds we found around the lake were usually somewhere in the mid $3k range per season with the new tax being additional. When we considered the price of a good trailer and added the seasonal fees, we weren't far off from owning at Arcadia, Squam Lakes Resort, etc.

My wife and I sometimes talk about buying a "real" home for the year-round use, but as teachers it's nice to be able to shut down when school gets moving along and gives us something to look forward to in spring.

thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote