Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
BlackCatIslander

Default Gutters

Unfortunately, we have gutters on three locations on our house and they are a pain with plugging from pine cones and tree debris. Does anyone in the Moultonborough area sell and install gutter helmet type gutters? And do they work well in this area?
BlackCatIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts
Default Gutter Filters

BCI;

I don't know what "gutter helmets" are but I can certainly sympathize with you regarding gutter cleaning!!

I installed these in my gutters last year at my camp... http://www.samsclub.com/sams/gutter-...prod2960087.ip

So far they have worked flawlesly and they install very easily. Before this I had standard snap in gutter guards which still got clogged up with pine needles and other tree debris. Once I put these gutter filters in, I still snapped in the standard gutter guards over them and have not had a problem yet. I don't plan on cleaning gutters ever again!!

Good Luck!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post:
Belmont Resident (09-25-2012), BlackCatIslander (09-25-2012)
Old 09-25-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,053 Times in 496 Posts
Default We used these guys...

Lakes Region Seamless gutters.

They did an awesome job! They have the "helmets" that they can install when they do the gutters. We may have them come back and add them to our new gutters.

http://lakesregionseamlessgutters.com/
Old 09-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,053 Times in 496 Posts
Default We used these guys...

Lakes Region Seamless gutters.

They did an awesome job! They have the "helmets" that they can install when they do the gutters. We may have them come back and add them to our new gutters.

http://lakesregionseamlessgutters.com/
BlackCatIslander (09-25-2012)
Old 09-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
NoBozo

I had my roof replaced maybe 6 years ago. My house had very expensive milled wooden gutters (1973) that were rotten. I removed the old gutters and pulled down and replaced the punky Facia boards with new Redwood Facia...primed and painted on ALL sides Before they went up.

I did NOT replace the old wooden gutters with ANYTHING. Everything has been fine so far. The roof is a Raized Ranch with a slight/moderate incline....In Rhode Island.

I paid attention to many roofs I noted around the lake and elsewhere north of me. If I lived up there..I would likely have a steel roof....no gutters. NB

PS: I don't have any trees hanging over the house.
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #6
Denny Crane

Default Leaf Relief

You might also want to look into the leaf relief system, something you could install yourself or have a contractor do. It is a metal screen that attaches by simple screws in 10 foot sections onto your gutter. It does not attach to your roof at all and since it is not permanent you can remove a section if you ever have a problem. The MA vendors that sell them are Harvey Industries and ABC Supply at under $30 per 10ft. www.leaf-relief.com
Denny Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Denny Crane For This Useful Post:
BlackCatIslander (09-26-2012)
Old 09-26-2012, 04:37 AM   #7
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
You might also want to look into the leaf relief system, something you could install yourself or have a contractor do. It is a metal screen that attaches by simple screws in 10 foot sections onto your gutter. It does not attach to your roof at all and since it is not permanent you can remove a section if you ever have a problem. The MA vendors that sell them are Harvey Industries and ABC Supply at under $30 per 10ft. www.leaf-relief.com
Denny I put the screen protectors up on my gutters, what I find is as soon as a leave lands the right way on them it creates a path for water to flow over it and down bypassing the gutter. This always seems to happen right over where I walk into the house.
I'm going to look into the inserts that Dan posted the link to from Sams.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:36 AM   #8
dpg

This place serves all of NH

http://www.guttersmanchesternh.com
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:11 AM   #9
Winnisquamguy

Quality Insulation does gutters and has a 15% off ad in LDS until the end of September.The salesman I use is Rick Monty 279-3371 or e-mail rick.monty@mascocs.com
Old 09-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #10
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnisquamguy View Post
Quality Insulation does gutters and has a 15% off ad in LDS until the end of September.The salesman I use is Rick Monty 279-3371 or e-mail rick.monty@mascocs.com
After seeing the difference between Quality's gutters and Lakes region I would not recommend Quality. To the average homeowner they probably look the same, but if you have to remove them and handle them the difference becomes evident. Quality were flimsy and needed much more support to handle while the ones from Lakes region had extra bends that added to the structural integrity.
Just my observations.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #11
Rusty

Lakes Region Seamless gutters have the LeafX "Helmets" that look like they work real well.

Here is a video of that system:

Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rusty For This Useful Post: