Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2016, 02:36 PM   #1
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Arrow Yum Yum Shop Closing - Up For Sale!

Yum Yum Shop Closing - Up For Sale!

One of the members of the family that owns the Yum Yum Shop told us today that this is their last weekend of business and it is in fact up for sale. It has been family owned and operated since 1948. This one fellow has been running the place by himself with some help from his wife when she is not working as a nurse. He is a part time firefighter and has decided to make this a full time profession. There is much interest in the waterfront property, but not so much interest in purchasing of a bakery.

Paul and I wish them well. It's sad to see a local businesses close after 68 years.
Attached Images

Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 02:56 PM   #2
Aunt Lula

Sorry to see it go. I have fond memories of the Yum Yum Shop when it was across the street. Tiny place. We would wait in line for fresh- from- the- oven White Mountain bread every time we came in to town from the island. One loaf to eat right away, another loaf to take home. My great aunt would treat us to a frosted gingerbread man once in a while. Loved the hermit bars too.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:37 PM   #3
surfnsnow

my dad and I used to take the boat over every sunday , at dawn, from Melvin village for donuts and pastries in the seventies. so sad!
surfnsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 05:23 PM   #4
snowflake

Default Yum Yum

Some of my fondest memories are trips to the Yum Yum for raspberry turnovers! We spent vacations at Edward' on Wentworth. Every Wednesday there was a cookout at the beach and a buffet supper on Sundays. Jelly doughnuts from Yum Yum was the best part of it for us kids! Good luck to the family.
snowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:07 PM   #5
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts
Default They will be missed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
Some of my fondest memories are trips to the Yum Yum for raspberry turnovers!
That was the last thing I had there on my final visit in August. The property has actually been for sale for a while and they announced the closing in the spring before they opened for the season. In fact they weren't open Memorial Day weekend this year. They will be greatly missed.
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2016, 06:23 PM   #6
tis

Thanked 1,375 Times in 951 Posts

I understand the business is not for sale, just the real estate. I think the business could be bought, but for more than the sale price of the land and building.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 07:02 PM   #7
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
I understand the business is not for sale, just the real estate. I think the business could be bought, but for more than the sale price of the land and building.
True. $1.1M only for the property, which is pretty great. 24' of water frontage that has outside seating for the 44 seat restaurant, two other zoned businesses. The ice cream stand and the bakery area.

So sad to see them go, but the family members that started the business had different dreams than the children/grandchildren.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 11:13 PM   #8
panjumbie

Unhappy Yum Yum Shop closing

I frequented the Yum Yum Shop back in 1958-60 when I was a dorm student at Brewster. Then in the late 60's as a summer visitor, and occasionally since then. Sad to see it go.
panjumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 01:46 PM   #9
BrownstoneNorth

Default Would love to see Seven Suns take that spot

Quote:
It's a much, much better location.

But I assume they don't have the wherewithal, i.e., finances and staff, because it probably would have already happened if it were going to happen. Yum Yum has been up for sale for several months (previous thread under Restaurants:
http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ad.php?t=20581 ). The original listing did include the equipment; they've dropped the price now and made equipment purchase optional, which I think was wise.
BrownstoneNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:29 PM   #10
Acrossamerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownstoneNorth View Post
It's a much, much better location.

But I assume they don't have the wherewithal, i.e., finances and staff, because it probably would have already happened if it were going to happen. Yum Yum has been up for sale for several months (previous thread under Restaurants:
http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ad.php?t=20581 ). The original listing did include the equipment; they've dropped the price now and made equipment purchase optional, which I think was wise.
Anything over $600,000 for that location, unless you are in it for a hobby and do not need a profit, is not economical. The only reason why the Yum Yum Shop was able to survive a 14 week season is that they owned the property and presumably had no mortgage.
Acrossamerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 06:40 AM   #11
tis

Thanked 1,375 Times in 951 Posts

I am very sad to see the Yum Yum shop go and also wonder why. It could be a few things. It might be that even if they did own the property mortgage free, they had taxes to pay, higher wages and other expenses. I also don't think the products were as good as they used to be. Still good but not quite like they were. I paid $14.60 for a dozen donuts and I think that is quite high. ( The next time I paid 13.60.) I don't think the people working there knew the prices because that was not the first time that happened to me.) Not saying they didn't need to charge it to cover expenses but just saying maybe it was a vicious circle. You need a huge volume to cover expenses. Or maybe they just got tired of doing it. Still it seems if it was lucrative, the family would have kept it. All guesses----
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 09:26 AM   #12
jbolty

Quote:
I am very sad to see the Yum Yum shop go and also wonder why. It could be a few things. It might be that even if they did own the property mortgage free, they had taxes to pay, higher wages and other expenses. I also don't think the products were as good as they used to be. Still good but not quite like they were. I paid $14.60 for a dozen donuts and I think that is quite high. ( The next time I paid 13.60.) I don't think the people working there knew the prices because that was not the first time that happened to me.) Not saying they didn't need to charge it to cover expenses but just saying maybe it was a vicious circle. You need a huge volume to cover expenses. Or maybe they just got tired of doing it. Still it seems if it was lucrative, the family would have kept it. All guesses----
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrossamerica View Post
Anything over $600,000 for that location, unless you are in it for a hobby and do not need a profit, is not economical. The only reason why the Yum Yum Shop was able to survive a 14 week season is that they owned the property and presumably had no mortgage.

Good guesses. My cousin and her husband have had a fishing tackle store in Pennsylvania for many years. They were not getting rich but made a living because they own the building free and clear. Last year her husband died and cousin wants to sell the business but there is no way anyone could afford to buy the building and the business and the inventory and come close to paying for it so she's stuck. Probably have sell or lease the building to some other type business that's more profitable.
jbolty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:46 AM   #13
Noboat

Default Sign gone

Went by here yesterday and noticed the absence of "For Sale" sign. No visible signs of any changes/renovation going on. Any news from anyone ?

Thanks
Noboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:38 AM   #14
Acrossamerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noboat View Post
Went by here yesterday and noticed the absence of "For Sale" sign. No visible signs of any changes/renovation going on. Any news from anyone ?

Thanks
Bakery that used to be next door to the meat market in the back section of Wolfeboro is renting the space and will be offering their brand of baked goods downtown. Hopefully they will have something better than white bread style donuts and white bread looking pies. But then it is NH so we will have to wait and see.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:09 PM   #15
winni83

Perhaps you could enlighten the hoi polloi and let us know what dining establishments in the Lakes Region, if any, meet your obvious high standards. Maybe a few for breakfast, lunch, dinner and ice cream? It would also help if you could elucidate us on how we can strive to become as knowledgeable in these matters as you are.
winni83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to winni83 For This Useful Post:
bumble71 (04-24-2017), Doobs41378 (04-21-2017), joey2665 (04-21-2017), Major (04-21-2017), MRD (04-22-2017), pondguy (04-21-2017), SteveO123 (04-21-2017), thinkxingu (04-21-2017), Winnigirl (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 01:56 PM   #16
BrownstoneNorth

Default La Boca bakery is moving into the Yum Yum space

Quote:
Bakery that used to be next door to the meat market in the back section of Wolfeboro is renting the space and will be offering their brand of baked goods downtown. Hopefully they will have something better than white bread style donuts and white bread looking pies. But then it is NH so we will have to wait and see.
No need to "wait and see" if you've been to their previous location or even just seen their websites, which one would think you would have since you're so contemptuous of white bread type baked goods, but apparently you'd rather feel deprived.

The husband-and-wife team of La Boca have been creating fabulous bread, scones, all manner of desserts, and a few other delicacies (like garlic parsley flavored butter) for some years.

http://www.labocabakery.com/

https://www.facebook.com/LaBocaBakery/
Old 04-21-2017, 02:09 PM   #17
Acrossamerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by winni83 View Post
Perhaps you could enlighten the hoi polloi and let us know what dining establishments in the Lakes Region, if any, meet your obvious high standards. Maybe a few for breakfast, lunch, dinner and ice cream? It would also help if you could elucidate us on how we can strive to become as knowledgeable in these matters as you are.
Have not found any restaurants in the Lakes Region that come close to NYC standards but there are a number of passible places as one can not go to NYC for less than $1000 and have a decent weekend.

Tons of good places for breakfast as breakfast is the NH meal of choice. But nothing like Norma's in the Hotel Meridian in NYC and I have yet to find a place in the Lakes Region where I can get a decent snowy Nova on a toasted B.

Lunch I generally have breakfast as most of the lunch places never offer a real deli sandwich on real Jewish Rye as that is not found in NH. Nor can you get a real Kaiser Roll just the Bulky which is a sad rendition.
Dinner - Nary a real Chinese Hunan style place, Pizza, The Bayside Grill in Wolfeboro has the best in that area. Because there are no 24 hour diners in the area finding a sandwich after 2-3 pm is a real problem. Roast Beef is Dargin Park in Boston. No Fondue restaurants in the area. No real French restaurants. Mis en Place is not one of them.
Ice Cream - Bailey's Bubble for selection quality and price.

As for knowledge all one has to do is travel outside of NH to learn that there is a real food world out there. NH has improved a bit with the coming of Panera and a few of the Canoe type places but over my 60 years experience with the state it sure is a slow slog.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:12 PM   #18
Acrossamerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownstoneNorth View Post
No need to "wait and see" if you've been to their previous location or even just seen their websites, which one would think you would have since you're so contemptuous of white bread type baked goods, but apparently you'd rather feel deprived.

The husband-and-wife team of La Boca have been creating fabulous bread, scones, all manner of desserts, and a few other delicacies (like garlic parsley flavored butter) for some years.

http://www.labocabakery.com/

https://www.facebook.com/LaBocaBakery/
I will admit not having been in to see their offering in the last several years as when I did go in they had no Kaiser rolls, Hard crust Jewish Rye etc. and they said they did not get a call for that type of bread. Plus most times I went by they were closed. Sort of like a lot of the Wolfeboro businesses open when the owners wishes closed when they get bored. I will stop by when they open in the former Yum Yum shop location. It certainly is the best spot in town for a bakery.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:14 PM   #19
Resident 2B

Quote:
Have not found any restaurants in the Lakes Region that come close to NYC standards but there are a number of passible places as one can not go to NYC for less than $1000 and have a decent weekend.

Tons of good places for breakfast as breakfast is the NH meal of choice. But nothing like Norma's in the Hotel Meridian in NYC and I have yet to find a place in the Lakes Region where I can get a decent snowy Nova on a toasted B.

Lunch I generally have breakfast as most of the lunch places never offer a real deli sandwich on real Jewish Rye as that is not found in NH. Nor can you get a real Kaiser Roll just the Bulky which is a sad rendition.
Dinner - Nary a real Chinese Hunan style place, Pizza, The Bayside Grill in Wolfeboro has the best in that area. Because there are no 24 hour diners in the area finding a sandwich after 2-3 pm is a real problem. Roast Beef is Dargin Park in Boston. No Fondue restaurants in the area. No real French restaurants. Mis en Place is not one of them.
Ice Cream - Bailey's Bubble for selection quality and price.

As for knowledge all one has to do is travel outside of NH to learn that there is a real food world out there. NH has improved a bit with the coming of Panera and a few of the Canoe type places but over my 60 years experience with the state it sure is a slow slog.
Quick question: Why do you come here?

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Resident 2B For This Useful Post:
bumble71 (04-24-2017), Doobs41378 (04-21-2017), Hezman (04-21-2017), ishoot308 (04-21-2017), jbolty (04-21-2017), joey2665 (04-21-2017), MAXUM (04-21-2017), Tallyho (04-25-2017), TiltonBB (04-21-2017), tis (04-21-2017), upthesaukee (04-21-2017), Winnigirl (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 02:22 PM   #20
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:

Well as a NH native.... you can keep NYC for starters and I for one would gladly save the expense of going to that cesspool and enjoy oh I don't know how about a huge pile of fried clams from Pop's. In fact they cannot open soon enough!
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post:
Bayview Girl (04-22-2017), chipj29 (04-24-2017), Hezman (04-21-2017), ishoot308 (04-21-2017), MRD (04-22-2017), pondguy (04-22-2017), pops (04-24-2017), thinkxingu (04-21-2017), upthesaukee (04-21-2017), wifi (04-22-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 02:49 PM   #21
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

Funny, I have been to NYC many many times, and the only thing I distinctly remember is the smell of garbage and urine....yeah that goes great with a Peter Luger steak!...NOT...

I'll take the lakes region any day!!

Dan
Doobs41378 (04-21-2017), gillygirl (04-21-2017), MAXUM (04-21-2017), thinkxingu (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 03:00 PM   #22
gillygirl

Quote:
Roast Beef is Dargin Park in Boston.
a). It is not "Dargin" Park.

b). For someone who knows it all, your grammar is atrocious.
bumble71 (04-24-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 03:19 PM   #23
farechofisherman

I don't usually chime in but Acrossamerica perked me up! I live just north of NYC and dine quite often at many of their finer restaurants and I've eaten at many hot spots from Paris to Rome to Barcelona etc. I am a big time foodie and was in the business when younger. That being said my family has had a place in Moultonboro for 65 years or so and I love dining around the lake. There are twenty great reastaurants for breakfast in NYC and none are as enjoyable as the Village Kitchen. I have had Asian fusion meals at Nobu in NYC for $600 per couple, and I can get a more enjoyable meal at Lemon Grass. I can go on Canoe, Corner House, they all put out a consistently good meal that matches anything I get in the tri state area. Enjoy what you have here, life is too short to be always looking to make something better that isn't broken.
farechofisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to farechofisherman For This Useful Post:
Doobs41378 (04-21-2017), GBGX2 (04-22-2017), ishoot308 (04-22-2017), joey2665 (04-21-2017), SAMIAM (04-22-2017), Tallyho (04-25-2017), thinkxingu (04-21-2017), TiltonBB (04-21-2017), webmaster (04-23-2017), Whimsey (04-26-2017), winni83 (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 03:23 PM   #24
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Maybe change the user name from acrossamerica to acrossnyc. Seems to be the only place to be.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 04-21-2017, 04:24 PM   #25
joey2665

Default Yum Yum Shop Closing - Up For Sale!

Across America your posts and superiority complex for NYC gives other New Yorkers like my self who thoroughly enjoy both regions and I actually plan on retiring here a bad name. I have been to dozens of establishments in both areas and there are good and bad in both and NYC is extremely overpriced even with the high rent and cost of doing business there.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post:
bumble71 (04-24-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 04:35 PM   #26
Acrossamerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident 2B View Post
Quick question: Why do you come here?

R2B
You must be a liberal as you wish to censor people. Shame on you.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:40 PM   #27
Acrossamerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygirl View Post
a). It is not "Dargin" Park.

b). For someone who knows it all, your grammar is atrocious.
Well I did graduate from UNH so what can I say.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:44 PM   #28
Outdoorsman

Quote:
.... I will stop by when they open in the former Yum Yum shop location...
You seem like the type of person that will berate every employee and customer in the place. I am willing to bet they will survive with or without your kind.

Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:47 PM   #29
Acrossamerica

You all can relax. No one is going to take away your favorite restaurants here in the Lakes Region IF you frequent them more than what I read from most posters. The special anniversary crowd will not do it for the eateries. Also, I like a much more formal atmosphere when I dine and I understand that is not the NH way. Jeans plaid shirts or golf shirts and Nikes are fine at Pop's and the village kitchen (Solid food in the comfort food zone) but not for me when I want an upscale experience. Food is not just the food It is the entire experience and I find obtaining that in NH difficult. But hey to each his own and no sense getting a sweat up over one poster. I surely do not have that level of power.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:00 PM   #30
ishoot308

Quote:
You all can relax. No one is going to take away your favorite restaurants here in the Lakes Region IF you frequent them more than what I read from most posters. The special anniversary crowd will not do it for the eateries. Also, I like a much more formal atmosphere when I dine and I understand that is not the NH way. Jeans plaid shirts or golf shirts and Nikes are fine at Pop's and the village kitchen (Solid food in the comfort food zone) but not for me when I want an upscale experience. Food is not just the food It is the entire experience and I find obtaining that in NH difficult. But hey to each his own and no sense getting a sweat up over one poster. I surely do not have that level of power.
Yeah, your upscale... about as upscale as hemmoroid cream!

If you hate NH so much please leave as there are many here who enjoy it as it is, including me!

Go eat your Mortons Steak with a side of piss and garbage and enjoy! I'll take the village kitchen and O's and whoever else tries hard to serve good food in the lakes region, make it or break it any day!

Dan

Last edited by ishoot308; 04-22-2017 at 06:49 AM.
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post:
bumble71 (04-24-2017), elbie (04-22-2017), Hillcountry (04-22-2017), winni83 (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 05:04 PM   #31
Acrossamerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Yeah, your upscale... about as upscale as hemmoroid cream!

If you hate NH so much please leave as there are many here who enjoy it as it is, including me!

Go eat your Mortons Steak with a side of piss and garbage and enjoy! I'll take the village kitchen and O's and whoever else tries hard to serve good food in the lakes region, make it or break it!

You sir are an ass!

Dan
Always nice to have an encouraging word. NH Native one hopes not
Old 04-21-2017, 05:10 PM   #32
ishoot308

Of your 225 posts on this forum never once have you ever thanked a single poster on this forum. All you do is mock people and mock whatever they post, especially when it comes to restaurant Reviews or food in the area. You put yourself up on some kind of pedestal which only makes it easier to see up your skirt!

Dan

Last edited by ishoot308; 04-22-2017 at 06:49 AM.
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post:
joey2665 (04-21-2017), winni83 (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 05:20 PM   #33
winni83

Here is a response from a NH native, whose parents were also NH natives, since you seem to be fixated on that status, among others.

Sorry, it is not censorship and your liberal/conservative baiting gets you nowhere. People are simply pointing out what you are.

Like I said before in response to one of Acrossamerica’s condescending posts:

Supercilious.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:32 PM   #34
Outdoorsman

Default Troll

I too am guilty of feeding this troll.

From this thread alone she has posted a great deal of comments and she seems to be sitting near by, waiting to respond to anyone else that dares comment to the contrary...

Today 12:38 PM
Today 03:09 PM
Today 03:12 PM
Today 05:35 PM
Today 05:47 PM
Today 06:04 PM
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:23 PM   #35
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Not to be THAT guy, but the whole upscale food and wine (and clothing, jewelry, etc.) game--to me--is a giant scam to create a faux hierarchy. "Acquired taste" and "fashion" is code for "put up with discomfort because then you'll be cool."

Give me a hot cocoa over a high-end coffee, a cold soda over a glass of wine, and a grilled steak over fois gras any single goddam day of the week.

Now, where's those white flour pies and donuts because I love me some pastry!

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:02 PM   #36
winni83

And a bologna sandwich made with Wonder Bread!!
Old 04-21-2017, 08:10 PM   #37
Acrossamerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Not to be THAT guy, but the whole upscale food and wine (and clothing, jewelry, etc.) game--to me--is a giant scam to create a faux hierarchy. "Acquired taste" and "fashion" is code for "put up with discomfort because then you'll be cool."

Give me a hot cocoa over a high-end coffee, a cold soda over a glass of wine, and a grilled steak over fois gras any single goddam day of the week.

Now, where's those white flour pies and donuts because I love me some pastry!

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Thank you for making my case. Your post totally exemplifies the level of taste and sophistication generally found in the Lakes Region. And with that I bid you all a fond farewell. Enjoy the summer.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:19 PM   #38
winni83

Goodbye and, as they used to say in math class, with respect to your last post and those which preceded it and the various responses to those posts, QED.
The Following User Says Thank You to winni83 For This Useful Post:
KPW (05-02-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 08:40 PM   #39
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts
Default Bye By!

Quote:
Thank you for making my case. Your post totally exemplifies the level of taste and sophistication generally found in the Lakes Region. And with that I bid you all a fond farewell. Enjoy the summer.
Thank you for leaving! Really! Thank you!
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:42 PM   #40
Rusty

Quote:
Who told you that, they are not moving there. I know where they are moving to but it will do you good to research where they are actually moving to.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:44 PM   #41
Mr. V

Well now, looks like the "We all think alike posse" successfully drove off someone whose ideas didn't match their own.
Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:12 PM   #42
BrownstoneNorth

Default La Boca is moving to 50 N. Main, not Yum Yum

Originally Posted by Acrossamerica:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Who told you that, they are not moving there. I know where they are moving to but it will do you good to research where they are actually moving to.
Sorry, I too was misled by Acrossamerica's post, checked La Boca's Facebook, saw a post by someone mentioning move to Yum Yum but didn't scroll down far enough to see La Boca's own reply or big announcement:

https://www.facebook.com/LaBocaBaker...type=3&theater
The Following User Says Thank You to BrownstoneNorth For This Useful Post:
upthesaukee (04-22-2017)
Old 04-24-2017, 05:13 PM   #43
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V View Post
Well now, looks like the "We all think alike posse" successfully drove off someone whose ideas didn't match their own.
I respectfully disagree. AA was mean and insulting in his meaningless (NYC vs NH) comparisons. Though there might have been a bit too much acid in some responses, their primary thrust was enforcing a decent environment for the forum.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
gillygirl (04-24-2017), Pineedles (04-26-2017)
Old 04-24-2017, 06:44 PM   #44
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
I respectfully disagree. AA was mean and insulting in his meaningless (NYC vs NH) comparisons. Though there might have been a bit too much acid in some responses, their primary thrust was enforcing a decent environment for the forum.

I completely agree. Nothing wrong at all with opposing positions and opinions on issues related to the lake or otherwise but all responses should be respect and AA was down right nasty and offensive on many occasions.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post:
KPW (05-02-2017)
Old 04-24-2017, 07:11 PM   #45
wifi

We need to get over this, the summer hasn't even started yet. Too early for the bickering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qk9o_ZeR7s
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wifi For This Useful Post:
MGWillia (04-24-2017), Mirror Lake's BB (04-26-2017)