Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-09-2006, 03:05 PM   #1
Henry

Default New guy here...

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I've been taking vacation in Melvin Village since I was a fetus (26 now) - I'll be there next week for the first time in about three or four years and am happy to be going back!

I'm sorry this is a little random and doesn't quite fit into any of the topics - I just have a few general questions.

First, what happened to Bailey's in Wolfeboro? Is the new place any good? I didn't see anything about it in the restaraunt forum.

Second, are there any good record stores around the lake? I'm a self-admitting nerd with vinyl and would want to check out any shops around. Preferably any place that has more "out there" kinds of records - I love free jazz, psych, noise...

Third, have I missed the Huggins fair?

Feel free to give me any suggestions, can't wait to get up there.

Henry
Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:23 PM   #2
Tir Na Nog

Default Weclome

Hi. I just came across your post and will try to answer your questions, but there clearly are more knowledgeable people on the forums that can help you. I find the postings here a great source of info. First, I believe that Bailey's is now Morrissey's (sp?) front porch. If you look in the restaurant thread you should find something on it. I personally like the place. They have a great breakfast with an interesting variety of eggs benedict, the one on crab cakes is one of my favorites. I have not tried it for dinner, but hear it is good. as to the Huggin's fair, you just missed that. It was last weekend. Finally, as for vynil, I am afraid I am at a loss. Although I am of that era (and at another NH house I had we still had an 8 track), I am not aware of any stores. I do have a vague recollection that down one of the side streets in Wolfeboro, there is an older barn like building set back from the road a bit that has a sign out from time to time advertising books and records. Sorry cannot be more of a help there.
Tir Na Nog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:47 AM   #3
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,054 Times in 497 Posts
Default Records

Henry,

Can't help you with Wolfeboro... I'm from the other side of the lake..

As for old records... you may want to check out the weekly "flea market" in Gilford. It's open every Sunday .. (opens at 9.00 am) they have a bunch of vendors there that have old records of all types. Plus lots of other "old stuff".

It's located in the building that used to be the "Globe Store" near the airport.

Good Luck

SteveA
Old 08-10-2006, 09:32 AM   #4
Grant

Hey now, fellow Melvinite...

Bailey's -- sold. Now Morrissey's Front Porch. Good place, good food, looks the same. Dockside is pretty much the same, too.

Huggins fair was 8/4 & 5. A week late.

Vinyl? Dunno...but there is a nice eclectic mix of stuff in "Stay Tuned" (where the old dime store used to be) just north of Black's in Wolfeboro.

Enjoy your trip!
Old 08-10-2006, 07:46 PM   #5
Felix

Although Bailey's is no longer there, you may be happy to know that the Pine View Motel in Melvin Village now has a restaurant and pub. It's small but quaint with great food at reasonable prices and a very friendly staff. My 9 year old highly reccommends the chocolate chip pancakes. It's great having something right in Melvin Village
Felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2006, 07:50 PM   #6
Frdxplorer

For the records I would give Stay Tuned a try. (Pretty sure thats the name). Its right across the side street from Blacks in Wolfeboro. (Same side of Main Street - down a few stairs)
Frdxplorer is offline   Reply With Quote