Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2018, 08:44 AM   #1
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts
Default Empty lot next to Watermark on Union Ave

Wondering if anyone knows what they are constructing next to Watermark/Former BugerKing site?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:57 AM   #2
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,151 Times in 898 Posts
Default Four Condos

They are being built by LeClair Builders of New Boston. Two buildings will each contain two condominiums. They started work but then the rains came.

Each unit will be three-and-a-half stories, with 2,600 square feet on the first three levels and about 600 square feet in a bonus room. There's a small beach on the property and there will be boat slips.

Not exactly a great location because of the busy street. It will be interesting to see the pricing.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
joey2665 (12-05-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 11:39 AM   #3
AC2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
They are being built by LeClair Builders of New Boston. Two buildings will each contain two condominiums. They started work but then the rains came.

Each unit will be three-and-a-half stories, with 2,600 square feet on the first three levels and about 600 square feet in a bonus room. There's a small beach on the property and there will be boat slips.

Not exactly a great location because of the busy street. It will be interesting to see the pricing.
I ponder about the boat slips because there needs to be X amount of frontage to even have one slip especially in Commercial or Commercial Resort, which either of these are. not blaming anyone just curious to the frontage on this parcel of land.

Watermark got a marina status in order to put that docking system and boat ramp in and in order to that you needed to provide 5 out of 7 or 8 services and they have not yet provided the 5 services other than the store.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:48 PM   #4
WinnisquamZ

Would guess two units have slips. The others do not

WinnisquamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 01:01 PM   #5
joey2665

Quote:

Terrible place for a condominium. Too busy all retail commercial and restaurants. IMO it will take quite a while for them to sell even if the pricing is reasonable

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2018, 01:46 PM   #6
TheVoiceOfReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
Terrible place for a condominium. Too busy all retail commercial and restaurants. IMO it will take quite a while for them to sell even if the pricing is reasonable

It may not be an ideal location from the street side, but it's a nice spot from the lake side, plus close to all major conveniences. With 3,200 sqft of living space (as reported in this forum, I haven't fact-checked) and water frontage on Paugus Bay I bet they have a line around the corner to purchase these units at any list price under $1MM. Being close to retail and restaurants isn't a drawback to some, and many folks who live in Metro Boston would still consider Union Ave rural.
TheVoiceOfReason is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheVoiceOfReason For This Useful Post:
stingray (12-05-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 02:23 PM   #7
TiltonBB

There were always two lots there with two different owners. The Burger King closed in 2007 because they couldn't come to terms with one of the owners. While there was one use for the two combined properties the state permitted the docks. They were attached on the now vacant lot but continued down in front of the Watermark property.

When Watermark purchased their property the owner of the property next door attempted to assert his right to put the docks back in. There was a lawsuit filed and he lost. It was the position of the DES that the 1974 dock permit was contingent that both properties being held together for one purpose.

Watermark has 364 feet of frontage and the subject property has 268 feet. That may be sufficient to get them 4 slips.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:53 PM   #8
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVoiceOfReason View Post
It may not be an ideal location from the street side, but it's a nice spot from the lake side, plus close to all major conveniences. With 3,200 sqft of living space (as reported in this forum, I haven't fact-checked) and water frontage on Paugus Bay I bet they have a line around the corner to purchase these units at any list price under $1MM. Being close to retail and restaurants isn't a drawback to some, and many folks who live in Metro Boston would still consider Union Ave rural.
We will agree to disagree. Yes the back will have prime frontage on Paugus but in my opinion that does not outweigh the downside of having a home directly on Union Avenue with activity and noise all day and night and if you have children no green space at all to play when you are not on the lake.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:12 PM   #9
TiltonBB

Quote:
Not even close. I would disagree that is a nice spot.

Every boat trip starts at the bottom of Paugus Bay and requires a trip through the Channel on the way out, and the way back. Not great on a hot and busy day. If the Union Avenue traffic noise does not bother you then maybe all the vehicles leaving T Bones or McDonalds at late hours might. The boat wakes from all the boats starting out and slowing down from Paugus Bay Marina. Lakeport Landing, Spinnaker Cove, and Irwins will make docking and boat damage at the dock an additional issue to worry about.

With the current market in mind, and comparing them to the recently sold condominiums at Christmas Island, they will not sell for anything close to a million dollars.
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
stingray (12-05-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 07:29 PM   #10
joey2665

Quote:
Not even close. I would disagree that is a nice spot.

Every boat trip starts at the bottom of Paugus Bay and requires a trip through the Channel on the way out, and the way back. Not great on a hot and busy day. If the Union Avenue traffic noise does not bother you then maybe all the vehicles leaving T Bones or McDonalds at late hours might. The boat wakes from all the boats starting out and slowing down from Paugus Bay Marina. Lakeport Landing, Spinnaker Cove, and Irwins will make docking and boat damage at the dock an additional issue to worry about.

With the current market in mind, and comparing them to the recently sold condominiums at Christmas Island, they will not sell for anything close to a million dollars.

Tilton you hit the nail in the head. Great analogy to the new Christmas Island condos that are very nice. If you get 450k for a condo in that spot you would be very lucky.

Old 12-05-2018, 07:39 PM   #11
ApS

Wink Metro Boston v. Union Avenue...

Quote:
Schoolchildren in the area can now be taught the meaning of the phrase: "Damning with faint praise".

Old 12-05-2018, 09:54 PM   #12
Woodguy53

Two (possibly 3) of the units are gone. The buyers have been in the area for a number of years and aware of the area, conditions, etc. If you want one you may want to inquire quickly
Woodguy53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:58 AM   #13
fatlazyless

At least these new condo, waterfront residences will be very very very, like a two minute walk away from the nearby McDonald's twin outdoor ordering stations for take-out McDonald's food.

Some people happen to just love the McDonald's burgers, fries, and shakes, and having the takeout just across Union Ave there could get habit forming. Like, instead of going to your refrigerator, you can just take the short walk across the road ….. plus their 18-ounce courtesy paper cup-of-water is excellent quality …. and comes straight out of Paugus Bay at a depth of 18'. https://www.laconianh.gov/242/Water-Quality

And, the McDonald's fish sandwich is Alaska Pollock that supposedly comes all the way from Dutch Harbor, Alaska to Union Ave, Laconia and is so much easier to eat than catching a Lake Winnipesaukee fish and turning it into good tasting food.

And another thing, is also like extremely close to the Saint Vincent de Paul second hand store, https://www.stvdplaconia.org/the-thrift-shop, where the new home owners can get all their new (second hand) furniture and kitchen wares, plus a whole lot of other stuff ….. where the lakes region shops!
Old 12-06-2018, 01:54 PM   #14
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
At least these new condo, waterfront residences will be very very very, like a two minute walk away from the nearby McDonald's twin outdoor ordering stations for take-out McDonald's food.

Some people happen to just love the McDonald's burgers, fries, and shakes, and having the takeout just across Union Ave there could get habit forming. Like, instead of going to your refrigerator, you can just take the short walk across the road ….. plus their 18-ounce courtesy paper cup-of-water is excellent quality …. and comes straight out of Paugus Bay at a depth of 18'. https://www.laconianh.gov/242/Water-Quality

And, the McDonald's fish sandwich is Alaska Pollock that supposedly comes all the way from Dutch Harbor, Alaska to Union Ave, Laconia and is so much easier to eat than catching a Lake Winnipesaukee fish and turning it into good tasting food.

And another thing, is also like extremely close to the Saint Vincent de Paul second hand store, https://www.stvdplaconia.org/the-thrift-shop, where the new home owners can get all their new (second hand) furniture and kitchen wares, plus a whole lot of other stuff ….. where the lakes region shops!
OH BOY! I better rush over to buy one of those condos so I can be close to McDonalds and get that sweet smell of cooking grease though my open windows in the hot summer months. Then I will have to go to Walmart and buy those heavy duty noodles because my kids will be so fat the regular noodles won't keep them afloat.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post:
pondguy (12-06-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 02:28 PM   #15
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
OH BOY! Then I will have to go to Walmart and buy those heavy duty noodles because my kids will be so fat the regular noodles won't keep them afloat.
Actually, the sink/floatability buoyancy for the human body works just the opposite. Fat people are much better natural floaters than thin people who are usually sinkers …… so ….. fat floats and thin sinks. People with a higher body mass index are more natural floaters than the low bmi thinner person ….. and thin people have to work harder to tread water.

https://coachsci.sdsu.edu/swim/bullets/float36.htm …. everyone must study this for a 20-question pop quiz, tomorrow at 8-am!
Old 12-06-2018, 02:47 PM   #16
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Actually, the sink/floatability buoyancy for the human body works just the opposite. Fat people are much better natural floaters than thin people who are usually sinkers …… so ….. fat floats and thin sinks. People with a higher body mass index are more natural floaters than the low bmi thinner person ….. and thin people have to work harder to tread water.

https://coachsci.sdsu.edu/swim/bullets/float36.htm …. everyone must study this for a 20-question pop quiz, tomorrow at 8-am!
That's good to know. So fattening them up at McDonalds may actually be saving them from drowning so they can live longer and get fatter. I also save money by not having to buy noodles.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:29 PM   #17
Woody38

Smile

You are correct. I have to swim soo fast, otherwise I sink. Floating is next to impossible, unless a little hand action helps.
Must visit the fast food shops.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic
Woody38 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Woody38 For This Useful Post:
Biggd (12-06-2018)