Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Automotive
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2008, 07:49 PM   #1
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts
Default What happened to the Dodge dealer in laconia

Just drove down there today looking for a part and the place is all closed up. I don't go there often but it was there a few months ago wasn't it? Time flys I guess. Also noticed tumbleweeds around the Burger King on the water. What is going to go in there? Prime property....

Anyone recommend a good Dodge dealer in the area?
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:01 PM   #2
WeirsBeachBoater

Dealer for cars or the parts? You can get Dodge parts through Lakes, on rte 106. But you must travel to Tilton or Wolfeboro for the vehicles.
WeirsBeachBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 03:22 PM   #3
Meredith Resident

The rumor is that Autoserv has bought Lakeview Dodge out. Now, this doesn't mean Autoserv will sell cars out of the Laconia location, it just means that they are the exclusive Dodge dealer in the Lakes Region. Autoserv Tilton will now sell, and service Dodge to anyone in the area. They are the exclusive dealer in the region. I had heard Lakeview Dodge was selling less than 10 cars a month before they went out. They were getting pressure from Dodge corporate to sell more cars. Autoserv had heard they were in trouble, they made Lakeview Dodge an offer, and they took it!

This was a move that Autoserv made last fall. They also acquired the old McGreevey Dealership in Belmont at the same time.

Autoserv now owns a dealership in Plymouth, Belmont, 2 dealerships in Tilton, and one in Concord.
Meredith Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 03:30 PM   #4
sa meredith

Default good info

Meredith Res...
All acurate information. Do you work for them?
I don't know if they bought the land where Lake View Dodge was, or just the Dodge point. Not sure.
As an aside, for anyone that might care...
The gentleman that owns all of these dealerships is completely self made. Came from nothing. Took a job as a simple salesman many moons ago at a small dealership in MA, and worked his tail off for years and years. Migrated to the lakes region in 1989, and built himself an empire. Very nice family. He and his two sons run the day to day operations of the dealerships.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:14 PM   #5
twoplustwo

Default has anyone used Miller's service in Wolfeboro for their Dodge?

Lakeview had an exellent service department, I'm bummed I can no longer use them. I've had enough issues with AutoServ; I've had less than stellar sales experiences with them and service? Let's say I wouldn't let them work on a bicycle at this point. He may be self-made, but his minions aren't worthy.
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2008, 08:25 AM   #6
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,625 Times in 561 Posts

I believe that Dick, the former asst mgr for service at Lakeview is now at the Jeep dealer on rt 106 hill in laconia and they are authorised to do repairs on Dodge vehicles.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:13 AM   #7
twoplustwo

Default thanks!!

I have had 2 Dodge-specific issues with my dead sexy minivan in the several years that I've owned it, and like to know there's someone around who won't be guessing as to how to fix it. I once had it towed down Bean Rd to one local place, towed a week later to yet another local place, and finally towed to Lakeview who had it really fixed, ready to go, fully explained it to me in a way that I can understand (which takes a lot, vehicularly!), and it was covered under my warranty after I paid for towing and service twice to 'fix' the same problem. I hated the thought of trying to find someone to help me.

Thanks SIA!
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:33 PM   #8
froggy

Default Lake view Dodge site

I will strongly speculate: Dan Fitzgerald started Fitzgerald Dodge, sold the business, name was changed. My assumption, the business persons he and wife are, they retained the land & building. I've seen for sale or lease on the windows and recently a real estate firm's sign. Only my 2¢.

The same thing goes for Fitzgerald Motorsports land. He built the building, started the business, and I heard leased the business. There has been sign saying building for lease. There is a detailing business around back, separate from the vehicle business.
froggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:44 AM   #9
brk-lnt

Looks like the Fitzgerald Motorsports building is now For Sale/Lease as well.

The building was empty when I drove past it this morning.
brk-lnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:37 PM   #10
no-engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
Looks like the Fitzgerald Motorsports building is now For Sale/Lease as well.

The building was empty when I drove past it this morning.
The business moved around back to lower level. Business leases from owners of real estate, Dan Fitzgerald. Good source told me that.

He still owns the real estate of the former Dodge building. Both are for sale or lease. Another reliable source! Trust me - no rumors.
no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:36 PM   #11
jetskier

Default Mls

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-engine View Post
The business moved around back to lower level. Business leases from owners of real estate, Dan Fitzgerald. Good source told me that.

He still owns the real estate of the former Dodge building. Both are for sale or lease. Another reliable source! Trust me - no rumors.
Both buildings are listed in the MLS. You can look them up.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 06:57 AM   #12
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
Both buildings are listed in the MLS. You can look them up.

Jetskier
Thanks... I was actually interested in the Motorsports building, so I'll check it out.
brk-lnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:14 PM   #13
JTA

Did I pass a Dodge dealer on the way from Wolfeboro to Ossipee?
JTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 06:15 PM   #14
KBoater

Default Wolfeboro dealer

Yes you did. The deal has been there for many years. The name has recently been changed. the new owner use to work there.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:17 PM   #15
Wreckn1

Auto Serv bought them out last year, Dick is over at lakes jeep, mark is in concord at carlsons, a couple of the mech. went to auto serv, one went to belkanp tire. If you need parts or service for cars vans suvs and gas trucks go to lakes they are authorized by chrysler, very good and very prompt, if you have a diesel truck and need true diesel engine work go to concord, Carlsons, they have three of the best diesel techs in the state
Wreckn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:51 PM   #16
Meredith Resident

Default Trites

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLboater View Post
Yes you did. The deal has been there for many years. The name has recently been changed. the new owner use to work there.
The name of the dealership is Trites. It used to be Miller Auto, but Gary Miller sold the business to long time GM Tom Trites. I have heard many say that Tom Trites is a lot nicer to deal with than Gary Miller.
Meredith Resident is offline   Reply With Quote