Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2005, 12:28 AM   #1
Winter Harbor

Default Nude Beaches?

Does anyone know of public...or public reachable beaches on the lake that allow for skinnidipping and nude sun bathing?
Winter Harbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 09:34 AM   #2
Sandy Beach

Thumbs up Places for Natural Relaxation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Harbor
Does anyone know of public...or public reachable beaches on the lake that allow for skinnidipping and nude sun bathing?
Skip can correct me but I think that public nudity over some age like 5 or 6 may be a violation of some law.

Check out this link for casual but organized activities in NH like you've mentioned:
Naturist New Hampshire

The reason no one advertises clothing optional areas is to keep away people like me. That is, those that gawk and those who scare others for life when they do go clothing optional

Years ago skinny dipping was common. Summer campers at both boys and girls camps would often start their day that way. Now it is different. Sad to say I don't think there are any public clothing optional beaches around the Lake. Easier to find a gun club.

My friend has a boat that we use to go the middle of the broads or some quiet cove, get in the water then toss our suits on the boat. We'll sun that way too. If another boat approaches, sometimes to see if our boat is disabled, we can grab a towel or our suits if we want. We have sun cushions option in the cockpit on the boat which is below the gunwale and we can not be seen from any distance. We sunbath without suits there, on the top deck of the boat and also on float mats around the boat. You are welcome to join. send me e-mail.

If anyone knows of a public place, feel free to post it here.

Sandy
Sandy Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 10:30 AM   #3
ApS

Default Nothing comes to mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I know there used to be a beach near Mr C's that allowed just about anything.
My recollection is that there is no "Mr. C's". (Some here may not know that). You are a brave soul, GTO, to be the first to answer, though.

From what I've seen from my dock, all you need is a boat.

I don't know why lake residents suddenly "become invisible" to nude anything). To those who get naked on Winnipesaukee, it's like we lakefront residents can't see you! What's up with that?

We've had a genuine "flasher" in sight, skiers getting into wetsuits -- naked -- right off our dock, and any number of topless sunbathers.

I reported the "flasher" here at winni.com. And to the MPs, who sent a lady cop. I was on the telephone directing her via the dispatcher, and they both passed within a few feet of one another! (He got away).

You may recall from last Labor Day, I reported (here) a couple "trying to make a baby". Now I know the boat was a Baja, which has characteristic scroll-work around the word "Baja" on the sides. (Called "graphics"). The couple were coupled on (not in) their boat.

Afterwards, even Grant criticized me for not taking photographs, but I don't usually have my camera on my sailboat. Plus...I could see the Wal-Mart photo section -- and the police -- in my future. (And couldn't have posted it here anyway).

If I find the URL, I'll edit it here. It was just prior to Labor Day, 2004. [Found it -- in a golf thread! Not that I've ever gone off-topic, or anything].

Thankfully, we'll never have a "Party Cove" on this lake. That, and the XXX videos filmed at "Party Cove" -- and sold on the Internet -- made the New York Times!

That said, I have no objection to topless sunbathing on boats. (Nor do about 50% of my kinfolk and other guests).

Last edited by ApS; 12-06-2005 at 07:46 PM.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 12:08 PM   #4
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Cool Nud Boating/Dipping

It use to be quite popular until the '90's when people started being objectionable. Like 'On Golden Pond', my family as well as the neighbors always go skinny dipping in days of yore. I remember cruising around and see bare butt boaters, especially on sailboats.
Now the MP's are cracking down on nudity. They usually give you a warning. Many people are calling in and complaining. I guess the atmosphere is really changing on the lake.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:26 PM   #5
John A. Birdsall

Default skinny dipping

Seems to me now and then to see someone skinny dipping at Alton Town Beach. LOL
John A. Birdsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2005, 04:12 PM   #6
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Wink Dipping In The Broads

If you’re thinking of skinny-dipping in The Broads, make sure it isn’t where I can snap a picture of you! I almost always have my camera with me.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
Airedale1 (07-19-2014), Webbsatwinni (07-19-2014)
Old 12-06-2005, 04:18 PM   #7
GTO

Default picture this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal
If you’re thinking of skinny-dipping in The Broads, make sure it isn’t where I can snap a picture of you! I almost always have my camera with me.

Then we can have a new contest of naming forum "Members" from those pictures
Old 12-06-2005, 04:54 PM   #8
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Seems to me that if enough people were to do the skinny dippin' out in the broads, RG could end up getting " a little behind" in her posting!
Old 12-06-2005, 05:46 PM   #9
GTO

Default Broads

Keep us "abreast" of what goes on out there in the broads.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:18 PM   #10
WeirsBeachBoater

Default The W.S.S.S.D

The Winnipesaukee Secret Society of Skinny Dippers.... I know some members. But its barely spoke of!
WeirsBeachBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 07:27 PM   #11
trfour

Post Winter Harbor ( wish rooms )

God, we all know it's cold out!!

1. Winter Harbor,... Put some more clothes on!

2. And get out of doors, some more!

3. As far as I know,... there have been only a few naked Rock Bass sighted around this Lake here, since years now!

4. Take ONE aspirin, and get back to us in the morning!

Tunes:.... I see a BIG LOCK comi'n, rolli'n down the track, if weir all here tomorrow, hope weir welcome back!.....

" ENGINE ROOM ".........

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 07:29 PM   #12
ApS

No, RG.

It's called that, because it's a wide expanse of water.

Old 12-06-2005, 07:30 PM   #13
Pepper

A truly "hip" idea!

RG could get a "leg" up on the pinup and calendar industry!
Old 12-06-2005, 08:03 PM   #14
webmaster

Thanked 3,723 Times in 823 Posts

This thread is giving me a good chuckle. Since the speed limit discussion area was created the Boating Forum has consistently been the busiest on the site, that is until "Nude Beaches?". Now General Discussion is on top again.

I guess we know what is really important to all you Lakers.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 08:20 PM   #15
Pineedles

Default Naked? Oh Gawd!

In the northern part of the lake there's an encampment that hasn't deviated from tradition in over 100 years, the art of skinny dipping hasn't undergome any new invention other than electricity! (Where the opposite sex can turn on the floodlight). I can't speak to the art prior to 50 years ago, but it must be quite the same as it was learned from long ago. Proceed to the lake's edge, onto the wharf, with towel wrapped securely, AND JUMP into the lake leaving said towel chucked onto the dock. It isn't so much an art of skinny dipping but making sure the towel lands on the dock, and you have something to towel yourself off, (and hide behind) when you exit the water. At least that's the way we do it in on the Moultonborough side of Centre Harbor.

Last edited by Pineedles; 12-06-2005 at 08:55 PM.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 09:06 PM   #16
BroadHopper

Arrow Polar bear Swim

When winter comes and the lake is frozen, we like to put a big hole in the ice and go for a swim! Talk about shrinkage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2005, 09:23 PM   #17
trfour

Default and just think....

If we had nude beaches,

Google would add another cateGory!!!!!!!!!!!!

T.

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
Old 12-06-2005, 09:42 PM   #18
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles
In the northern part of the lake there's an encampment that hasn't deviated from tradition in over 100 years, the art of skinny dipping hasn't undergome any new invention other than electricity! (Where the opposite sex can turn on the floodlight). I can't speak to the art prior to 50 years ago, but it must be quite the same as it was learned from long ago. Proceed to the lake's edge, onto the wharf, with towel wrapped securely, AND JUMP into the lake leaving said towel chucked onto the dock. It isn't so much an art of skinny dipping but making sure the towel lands on the dock, and you have something to towel yourself off, (and hide behind) when you exit the water. At least that's the way we do it in on the Moultonborough side of Centre Harbor.
Very interesting! On the West Alton side of the lake we have a slightly different method:

Just after dark, slip into the water wearing a bathing suit. Swim out to the swim raft, remove said suit, wave to whomever is on land wondering what you're up to, and then dive in and enjoy the freedom! This way, the people who are still on land have no opportunity to slip down to the dock and steal your suit or towel.

Afterwards, return to the raft, swim to shore, and act like you're a perfect angel.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:45 PM   #19
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster
This thread is giving me a good chuckle. Since the speed limit discussion area was created the Boating Forum has consistently been the busiest on the site, that is until "Nude Beaches?". Now General Discussion is on top again.

I guess we know what is really important to all you Lakers.
Well, YEAH!

You know - sorta like passing a wreck on the side of the road, ya just gotta LOOK! (Wonder wear I heard that before?)

Glad to see we're giving you a few laughs!
Old 12-06-2005, 10:52 PM   #20
Lady Di

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
Very interesting! On the West Alton side of the lake we have a slightly different method:

Just after dark, slip into the water wearing a bathing suit. Swim out to the swim raft, remove said suit, wave to whomever is on land wondering what you're up to, and then dive in and enjoy the freedom! This way, the people who are still on land have no opportunity to slip down to the dock and steal your suit or towel.

Afterwards, return to the raft, swim to shore, and act like you're a perfect angel.
Yup.......that's the way we used to do it, also. What a pity. State Motto is "Live Free or Die" but it's against the law to be naked? Well, surely nudity isn't allowed everywhere, and that's a good thing, but why are so many so uptight about it? All that beauty, all that gorgeous water, and you have to worry about a sticky bathing suit creeping into uninvited places?

Please remember I didn't start this thread. Speaking of threads..........that's exactly what I mean when I say I don't want them creeping up.....
Old 12-07-2005, 01:15 PM   #21
SIKSUKR

Thanks Don for not putting an "end" to this thread.I'm glad to see he has "turned the other cheek","butt" I digress.If only HB162(not 162 hot bodies) chat could be "stripped down" to make us all feel as good as it does when we swim sans suits. SS
Old 12-07-2005, 01:56 PM   #22
Puffin

Default Forum Fest III Theme!

I think you're all onto something here! The theme for Forum Fest III

Puffin
Puffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:22 PM   #23
Skip

Unhappy Sorry.....

....but someone must expose the rest of the story

TITLE LXII
CRIMINAL CODE
CHAPTER 645
PUBLIC INDECENCY
Section 645:1
645:1 Indecent Exposure and Lewdness. –
I. A person is guilty of a misdemeanor if such person:
(a) Fornicates, exposes his or her genitals or performs any other act of gross lewdness under circumstances which he or she should know will likely cause affront or alarm. ...

Of course, the exposure of some of us may cause more alarm than others, but there's no provision in the statute for enhanced penalties based on an arousal or repulsion factor!

Anyway, after reading the comments of some of you, I hope Santa is bringing plenty of clothes this Christmas!

Have a Merry Christmas,

Skip
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 03:32 PM   #24
KBoater

Default On a certain island

On a certain island near the end of the boards, the normal procedure for nude sunbathing is to create a blind with the back of lounge chairs. Where a boat approaches, you stand up, walk around the blind, flash the boat, casually walk to the dock and jump in. This has been known to stop the loons from nesting. Also the photographer has been known to lose the camera overboard.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:31 PM   #25
Skipper of the Sea Que
Deceased Member

Wink Skinny Dipping at the Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper
When winter comes and the lake is frozen, we like to put a big hole in the ice and go for a swim! Talk about shrinkage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The "Shrinkage" episode of Seinfeld is definitely a classic . I'd rather be in warmer water.

Skinny-dipping was part of the routine when I was at Camp Samoset (yes, now the site of the Samoset Condos). Sometimes they gave us soap and shampoo and we bathed in the Lake without bathing suits. It was a boys camp and I was too young to think of looking for a girls camp (and now I'm too old to focus properly!).

Cold water shrinkage only occurs in about 50% of the population (the males). Based on my scientific observations (not as much observing as I'd like ) the other 50% have often demonstrated a "puckering" phenomenon which has been known to somewhat counteract shrinkage syndrome. I heard that this theory was the prelude to some kind of wet undershirt competitions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip quoting RSA
645:1 Indecent Exposure and Lewdness. –
...exposes his or her genitals or performs any other act of gross lewdness under circumstances which he or she should know will likely cause affront or alarm. ...
What I think will likely cause affront or alarm and what you think may cause affront and alarm may not be the same. What if someone believes that their actions would be considered amusing or arousing instead? Or even ignored? So what general circumstances will NOT likely cause affront or alarm regarding nude beaches and skinny-dipping?

When we get the Lake shutterbugs on the lookout for these areas and activities maybe Don will make a newd PhotoPost category .

Amateur HAM Radio What is it? You'll be surprised. When all else fails Ham Radio still works.
Shriners Hospitals providing specialized care for children regardless of ability to pay. Find out more or refer a patient.

Last edited by Skipper of the Sea Que; 12-07-2005 at 05:24 PM.
Skipper of the Sea Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 04:38 PM   #26
Mee-n-Mac

Talking From the THIS NEWS JUST IN dept...

"Executice committee to get to the bottom of the issue"

Executive counsillior Peta S vowed that he and the committee were going to launch an investigation into so called skinny dipping in the lakes region. "Who are these people ? Why are they dunking malnourished people ... and into what ?" Co-counsillior D. Boreya wondered if the water quality was being compromised, "If so, we'll really crack down on it".

Though apparently a long standing tradition, Peta S said that the practice must have been going on out of sight of the committee. He vowed to uncover and lay bare all the facts as they become known. "We'll be looking to see if the good people of NH have been getting the short end of the stick. Give these people an inch, and they'll tell you it's a foot !"

Another counsillior, who asked the remain nameless, said the whole matter was being overblown, "skinny dipping ... bah ... probably just a couple of boobs having fun in the lake".

On the prior matter of fish abuse during the annual derby, the committee said that they hadn't turned a blind eye to it but that public pressure had convinced them to drop the issue. "But we will reopen the investigation if we think it has merit. We're not doing this just for the halibut" said Peta S.

story courtesy of I. M. Gawking
see the video on channel457 @ 11:00, 11:05, 11:11, 11:21 and 11:29 ...

Last edited by Mee-n-Mac; 12-07-2005 at 06:57 PM.
Mee-n-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 06:26 PM   #27
Pepper

Mee-n-Mac, You always make me laugh, but this time you made me

SNORT!

Old 12-07-2005, 08:08 PM   #28
Fishy Cover

Default Difficult to control it

It happens all the time around here. We try to stop it but just can't seem to get it under control.
Fishy Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:56 PM   #29
ApS

Default Good catch, islandAl. I misse dit

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster
I disagree. There's 826 "views" at the S/L discussion.

You'll have to agree: This thread's a "bust".

Last edited by ApS; 12-08-2005 at 08:53 AM. Reason: a..."Bust"...it's a pun...snort...
Old 12-07-2005, 09:43 PM   #30
Pineedles

Default Survey Says

NO wrong APS, survey says we have cracked the upper limits of posting reponse.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:59 PM   #31
Just Sold

Wink Skinny Dipping!

I know nude bathing (skinny dipping) in Alton Bay was going on in the early 60's. During our vacation on a hot August night the neighbors were all swimming or standing on the shore and dock nude. Then someone decided to put on the outside lights. Spot lights to be precise. Never heard such a noise of people running and jumping into the lake. What a sight and so much laughter too!

Then my mother told me to not look out the windows facing the neighbors dock. An 11 year old might see something he shouldn't!!!! Yea, right! As if I didn't keep an eye out until I fell asleep!
Old 12-07-2005, 10:23 PM   #32
Mee-n-Mac

Talking Somebody call the Pentagon !

Whoa, what's going on up there on the lake these days ?!? I close the cabin for the winter and now there's lewd behavior going on. I think somebody should report this military misconduct to the appropriate officials in the Pentagon ! No not the skinny dippin', that other thing I just read. Apparently some high ranking officer is out there, doing "it", presumably on the lake in full view of the public. Enquiring minds want to know ... with whom and was it on a Baja (and in this weather, yikes) ? What was his name, hmmm, General something, give me a second to remember. Worse yet he's a apparently a repeat offender !! Oh there I found it, according to a trustworthy source

"General Discussion is on top again"

What kind of Half-time show is going on up there ?
Old 12-08-2005, 12:21 PM   #33
Pepper

Mee-n-Mac

That is surely a violation of the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice) and disciplinary action should be swift and severe!

Thanks for the howling laugh. Yup, I snorted again!
Old 12-14-2005, 01:06 AM   #34
trfour

Default Please,

Speedo Limits.............

Sorry folks, I do have to put a Lock on this thread.....

NO More Posts alowed!!!!!!!!!

Only kidding!

Love,
T.

Last edited by trfour; 12-14-2005 at 07:19 AM.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:01 PM   #35
Orion

Talking limits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfour
Speedo Limits.............

Ah, I guess that would be 25" waist limits in the day and 45" waist limits at night? The 25/45 rule?
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 09:09 PM   #36
gravy boat

Default Pepper, the Raft and potential blackmail....

Ya know, Pepper -- I could blackmail at least 2 dozen people based on their own "cabin antics"! Those youngin's over on the other side....bad influences! ;-)

Too many people sacrifice spontaneity in order to be politically correct these days. They are missing out on tons of fun! All the more reason to rebel, in my view. ;-)

And on THAT note, MERRY CHRISTMAS!
gravy boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 09:17 PM   #37
Mee-n-Mac

Talking Over my limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion
Ah, I guess that would be 25" waist limits in the day and 45" waist limits at night? The 25/45 rule?

OK, now that's it We had a nice series of jokes going here but with the visual image of speedos in my mind ... well ... you've just gone and ... ahem ... "wrecked 'em" ... for me

ps - OK Pepper, this jokes certainly no "snorter" but does it get a giggle ? Kinda pulled this one out of my .......
Old 12-15-2005, 12:00 AM   #38
Resident 2B

Question Cabin Fever?

Are we seeing cabin fever striking early this year? These discussions are usually held in the latter part of winter. If the recent posts on this thread are a preview of what will be posted this winter, it looks like it will be a lot of fun.

I have see a lot of nude bathing off the Weirs this summer, mostly loons, real ones with feathers. They swim around on the surface, but when a boat approaches, they go deep. A bit shy!

Happy Holidays to all!
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 08:24 AM   #39
Pepper

Wink What's in the water up here, anyway?!?!

Gravy Boat - I seem to recall a certain "bad influence" once dressing oh-so-appropriately as the Devil one halloween some years back. Said individual having years of experience, and being of a mind to corrupt, sharing "tricks of the trade" with those less experienced in the ways of the lake.

As a side note: ever ponder the name of the place where these activities have perpetuated? Kinda prophetic when disected ...

And a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and yours as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mee-n-Mac That one indeed brought a hearty chuckle! You missed your calling, you know!

Resident2B I must agree that cabin fever is cropping up very early this year. This is gonna be a very fun winter on the forum!
Old 12-16-2005, 07:49 AM   #40
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion
Just what we needed...another contentious topic. I can just imagine spending hours this winter reading the "skinny dipping vs chunky dunking" threads wondering why we can't all just get along...
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:01 PM   #41
Orion

Thumbs up Great phrase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
chunky dunking..
LOL. Never heard that phrase before.....must've lead a sheltered life, but I love it.

Good point......no rules.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:00 PM   #42
upthesaukee

It's pretty simple as you can see
How things just aren't like they used to be.
Change can be good, but sometimes it's not,
You do the best with what you've got.

When we were young, with a well formed hip,
That swim sans clothes was called skinny dip.
But now that hip is the size of a trunk,
That very same swim is called a chunky dunk!

Makes no matter, it's still the same
Lots of fun with your steady flame.
When the water's warm, and it's just her & him
Chunky Dunk or Skinny Dip, enjoy the swim.
Descant (07-21-2014)
Old 12-17-2005, 11:20 AM   #43
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

I didn't know there was so much interest in skilly-dipping. Please feel free to use my beach.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 11:37 AM   #44
upthesaukee

Red face skilly-dipping?????

Skilly dipping...is that what it's called when us old folks do skinny dipping?? a cross between skinny dipping and silly dipping??????
Old 12-17-2005, 12:20 PM   #45
Puck

No I think that's what you call it in the winter when it is chilly out.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 03:28 PM   #46
NHBUOY

...to all you skinny dippers...We (mom & dad) do it ALL the time...slip in with a suit...slip out into a towel...Any of you "skinny-dippers" feel free to join us... ...btw...If you are a little overweight,...is it still called "skinny-dipping"...??? ...fat-bobbing...???...lol...
NHBUOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:38 AM   #47
Sandy Beach

Thumbs up Sharing the secret of a nude Beach... Shhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Harbor
So far many posts but no direct answer to your question. So let me ask a few questions and then share a secret with you.

Are you interested in a nude beach to use as a bather?
Are you interested in a nude beach as an observer?
Both of the above or something else?

Now my secret. I look at a nude Sandy Beach every day, in the mirror and I am reachable. So now you can either come sun bath and skinny dip with me or just watch me .

As for pre nude sunning I was thinking of one of these things.
Just can't figure out if we are looking at the front or the back of this thing. Is this for men or women or uni-sex? And SIZE refers to.....?

And, do they come in double wide for the "chunky-dunking" crowd?

Sandy
Sandy Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 03:24 PM   #48
wildwoodfam

Exclamation VT wins in this category =

Its legal over there!!
wildwoodfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:51 AM   #49
Winter Harbor

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Beach
So far many posts but no direct answer to your question. So let me ask a few questions and then share a secret with you.

Are you interested in a nude beach to use as a bather?
Are you interested in a nude beach as an observer?
Both of the above or something else?
I am a nudist as of last summer and wanted to enjoy my new hobby at Winni. THere is a nudist park in the Seacoast area of Nh that I've been to. Verry nice but the lake is not as clean and nowhere as clean.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:54 PM   #50
wildwoodfam

Default Nudist Beach / Colony on Seacoast

You'll find it on route 125 in LEE area - more inland than on seacoast. We pass it all the time - just after the LEE RACEWAY. You go under 101 and saty on 125 and its just after the raceway on the same side....BIG Sign with a sunburst on it! As for winnie - when I was a camper at Camp Lawrence (in the late 70's and early 80's - ) we used to swim nude at night - we'd hike over to the west beach or the "outpost" and strip down and take the plunge. Doubt they allow that anymore - with all the liability issues, etc... There are many spots in VT - rivers, lakes, etc...
wildwoodfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:20 PM   #51
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoodfam
You'll find it on route 125 in LEE area - more inland than on seacoast. We pass it all the time - just after the LEE RACEWAY. You go under 101 and saty on 125 and its just after the raceway on the same side....BIG Sign with a sunburst on it! As for winnie - when I was a camper at Camp Lawrence (in the late 70's and early 80's - ) we used to swim nude at night - we'd hike over to the west beach or the "outpost" and strip down and take the plunge. Doubt they allow that anymore - with all the liability issues, etc... There are many spots in VT - rivers, lakes, etc...
Ah yes Cedar Waters, or as I call it, "Cedar Privates"...
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 03:26 PM   #52
gtxrider

Default I'm glad you said it first

Quote:
I was going to mention the place near Lee Raceway. We pass it when we go down 125 to Star Speedway and Lee.
At least that's my story!
gtxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:28 PM   #53
Winter Harbor

Quote:
I've already been there. It's a great place! Anyone interested in trying this activity should consider this place. Very friendly atmosphere, welcoming to newcomers. They're website is http://www.nhnude.com
Old 07-18-2014, 07:44 PM   #54
nhvetteman

Default no one seemed to give a good answer yet

So where on the lake can me and my wife, both 48, go nude without offending anyone? Does anyone want to get together on the lake for skinny dipping with us?
R n c
nhvetteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:34 PM   #55
pcmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Keep us "abreast" of what goes on out there in the broads.
I wondered if that activity played a part in how that area of the lake was named.
pcmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:36 PM   #56
glennsteely

Wink Wow!!

I just usually go at night.....
Old 07-18-2014, 09:54 PM   #57
RLW

Smile I second Glennsteely

nhvetteman , I just noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum after joining back in December 2010. We are glad that you have come aboard and joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends.

It would have sounded better if it was 40 years ago and like glennsteely at night.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:07 PM   #58
Mr. V

Not on the big lake but hey, a nude's gotta do what a nude's gotta do:

http://www.nhnude.com/
Mr. V is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:34 AM   #59
Misty Blue

Default Watch out!

If you try it in Braun Bay beware! We have snapping turtles!

Misty Blue
Misty Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:31 AM   #60
BroadHopper

I was in 20 Mile bay one night. A bass actually bit my nipple!
Old 07-19-2014, 10:39 AM   #61
Scott's Yott

Guess you'll have to go to Cedar Waters nudist camp in Lee nh....Hope you burn that those white shiny butt cheeks
Scott's Yott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:43 AM   #62
garysanfran

Default Public nudity? This is true...

A couple of years ago San Francisco (still part of the USA) passed a law allowing public nudity. Yup, naked people on buses, in restaurants, walking down the street smoking medical marijuana (where do they keep their matches), etc.

A couple months later they amended the law stipulating that naked people sitting on public seats had to use a towel beneath them.

Then, guys started showing up at school bus stops in bathrobes opening them to display their wares to the school kids. All legal here.

The "Castro" became ground zero for naked people just "hanging" around. Tour buses made sure this was on their routes for the shocking of tourists. Plays well in Peoria.

The novelty wore off and the law was changed back to the indecent exposure principle. In my opinion (and experience), most people look better in clothes.
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:58 AM   #63
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
I was in 20 Mile bay one night. A bass actually bit my nipple!
Bass like Moobs.
Old 07-19-2014, 02:35 PM   #64
ishoot308

Thanked 4,936 Times in 1,912 Posts
Default Fyi...

Just an fyi... Naked skinny dipping and sunbathing is allowed on the West side Welch Island for females between the ages of 18 and 80. Males are not allowed nude in this area however.

Please ensure all rules followed...

Dan, From the West side of Welch island.
brk-lnt (07-19-2014)
Old 07-19-2014, 02:52 PM   #65
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,000 Times in 914 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Just an fyi... Naked skinny dipping and sunbathing is allowed on the West side Welch Island for females between the ages of 18 and 80. Males are not allowed nude in this area however.

Please ensure all rules followed...

Dan, From the West side of Welch island.
Are those binoculars that you have with you out on the dock?
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:15 PM   #66
Descant

Thanked 1,509 Times in 982 Posts

Nude hiking in that area too, but be very quiet. The web cam is sound activated. As far as we know, there was nude activity on (Welch) South Beach for many years before development. That moved to Five Mile Island , where there is also a small beach on the south side. After the LRTC moved in, we don't know.

For those who are concerned about the law, a conversation with an MP Director some years ago indicated that nudity on your boat is OK as long as it is private, not public. So, OK in the Broads, but not in Brawn Bay, I guess. I think that means there is some open interpretation if you anchor in front of his(ishoot308's) place and swim in. If you deserve a wide angle lens and he waves a white flag, return to your boat, please.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:19 AM   #67
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts

"stolen" from Sunset Bob's Facebook Page
Attached Images

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:00 PM   #68
Tallyho

Default Skinnydipping

My favorite sign for a pool/dock area with Bar facilities:
"No bathing suits after 10 o:clock".

When asked if the time is AM, or PM,
"Depends on who is here".
Tallyho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tallyho For This Useful Post:
mcdude (08-02-2014)
Old 11-27-2016, 06:33 PM   #69
Woody38

Skinny dipping.

May depend on age. If one is around a certain age have you taken your clothes off lately and looked in the mirror. Just say'n.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic.
Woody38 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Woody38 For This Useful Post:
Just Sold (11-27-2016)
Old 11-27-2016, 08:21 PM   #70
Descant

Thanked 1,509 Times in 982 Posts

This is an OLD OLD OLD Thread. Let it die peacefully.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post:
Scott's Yott (11-28-2016)
Old 11-30-2016, 08:40 AM   #71
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

I know they have made some arrests at the Wears these past few seasons because of the "free the nipple" movement. So I think any kind of nudity is not welcomed, Esp if they are people that should never be seen in the nude!
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote