Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2021, 05:50 PM   #1
LakeDad
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 79
Thanks: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default In denial

Is this season really almost over?
Aside from some rainy weeks in July, itís been a great one.

Taking every last day I can..
Attached Images
 
LakeDad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LakeDad For This Useful Post:
FlyingScot (09-06-2021)
Old 09-06-2021, 08:19 PM   #2
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4,663
Thanks: 1,085
Thanked 1,508 Times in 905 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeDad View Post
Is this season really almost over?

Aside from some rainy weeks in July, it’s been a great one.

Taking every last day I can..
I love your optimism, but this summer hasn't been a great one. Crazy weather, crazy busy boating, crazy restaurant and local business stuff... In almost all ways, this summer has been the worst of the eight we've been up here full-time.

That being said, "the worst day at the lake is better than the best day at the office." It's still pretty awesome up here!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
Biggd (09-06-2021), pjard (09-07-2021)
Old 09-06-2021, 09:28 PM   #3
LakeDad
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 79
Thanks: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I love your optimism, but this summer hasn't been a great one. Crazy weather, crazy busy boating, crazy restaurant and local business stuff... In almost all ways, this summer has been the worst of the eight we've been up here full-time.

That being said, "the worst day at the lake is better than the best day at the office." It's still pretty awesome up here!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
To be fair, this is my first summer with my boat on the lake and living here full-time. In the past, it was only a week or two at a time and it was never enough.
I'd go home and think about coming back..

The restaurants have indeed been awful this year, but it has still been the realization of a lifelong dream. I’ve been boating on this lake since a kid in the 80s and I just had to have it full-time.
My dad never pulled it off, but here I am
LakeDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 10:04 PM   #4
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4,663
Thanks: 1,085
Thanked 1,508 Times in 905 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeDad View Post
To be fair, this is my first summer with my boat on the lake and living here full-time. In the past, it was only a week or two at a time and it was never enough.
I'd go home and think about coming back..

The restaurants have indeed been awful this year, but it has still been the realization of a lifelong dream. Iíve been boating on this lake since a kid in the 80s and I just had to have it full-time.
My dad never pulled it off, but here I am
Congrats on "making it"! I'm glad you've had a great summer!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
LakeDad (09-06-2021)
Old 09-06-2021, 10:47 PM   #5
8gv
Senior Member
 
8gv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,685
Thanks: 54
Thanked 588 Times in 377 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeDad View Post
To be fair, this is my first summer with my boat on the lake and living here full-time. In the past, it was only a week or two at a time and it was never enough.
I'd go home and think about coming back..

The restaurants have indeed been awful this year, but it has still been the realization of a lifelong dream. I’ve been boating on this lake since a kid in the 80s and I just had to have it full-time.
My dad never pulled it off, but here I am
So...

In case nobody told you, there's a thing called winter coming soon.

It runs from about November 1st through April 15th or so.

It is very different from summer.

Prepare yourself!
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2021, 10:49 PM   #6
LakeDad
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 79
Thanks: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post
So...

In case nobody told you, there's a thing called winter coming soon.

It runs from about November 1st through April 15th or so.

It is very different from summer.

Prepare yourself!
I was born and raised in New Hampshire.
I also did a winter in Chicago.
Bring it. I’ll bring my skis!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LakeDad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LakeDad For This Useful Post:
8gv (09-06-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 05:50 AM   #7
SAB1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Tuftonboro
Posts: 984
Thanks: 140
Thanked 240 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post
So...

In case nobody told you, there's a thing called winter coming soon.

It runs from about November 1st through April 15th or so.

It is very different from summer.

Prepare yourself!
Yup and a great season of fun it is !
SAB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SAB1 For This Useful Post:
Cal Coon (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 07:15 AM   #8
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 857
Thanks: 60
Thanked 406 Times in 208 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeDad View Post
Is this season really almost over?

Aside from some rainy weeks in July, it’s been a great one.

Taking every last day I can..
Over? Have you not seen my snow covered boat pics? We have 3 months to go!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 07:27 AM   #9
LakeDad
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 79
Thanks: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Ha! Iím probably good until mid October.

Iím a skier and I canít wait to get out on the lake/trails on a sled.

I keep hearing that the boating season is so short, but we dropped in mid April. Thatís a pretty long season.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LakeDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 07:35 AM   #10
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 857
Thanks: 60
Thanked 406 Times in 208 Posts
Default

This was Dec. 3rd last year...pulled the boat the following week.



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 10:07 AM   #11
LakeDad
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 79
Thanks: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-on-mark View Post
This was Dec. 3rd last year...pulled the boat the following week.



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
This is why everyone should have more than one boat
A family boat for the summer, a powerboat "just because" and a fully covered boat to extend the season!
Oh, and a fishing boat..

Now where would I store all of these things?
LakeDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 11:32 AM   #12
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 857
Thanks: 60
Thanked 406 Times in 208 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeDad View Post
This is why everyone should have more than one boat

A family boat for the summer, a powerboat "just because" and a fully covered boat to extend the season!

Oh, and a fishing boat..

Now where would I store all of these things?
We have 3 for that very reason!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 01:57 PM   #13
Grove84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 77
Thanks: 7
Thanked 32 Times in 15 Posts
Default In Denial

My family and I have been fortunate to have a seasonal place here since 2005. We live in Mass but May to October we are here . As my daughter got older and the boats got bigger we tried to maximize our time here. There is never enough time , especially this season , July weather , family weddings , elder parents and the summer just slipped away. Was at Sawyers last evening watching the stream of traffic leaving and hoping for a prolonged summer and just more time Ö. On the water . Well just left making the most of it and enjoy chasing those last few sunsets on the lake until next season
Grove84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 07:35 PM   #14
LakeDad
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 79
Thanks: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grove84 View Post
My family and I have been fortunate to have a seasonal place here since 2005. We live in Mass but May to October we are here . As my daughter got older and the boats got bigger we tried to maximize our time here. There is never enough time , especially this season , July weather , family weddings , elder parents and the summer just slipped away. Was at Sawyers last evening watching the stream of traffic leaving and hoping for a prolonged summer and just more time Ö. On the water . Well just left making the most of it and enjoy chasing those last few sunsets on the lake until next season

Iíve probably put 30 run hours on the boat this summer alone and that doesnít include countless sandbar, sunset drifting and fishing hours.

Iíll hold onto any I can get until mid October.
This weekend looks good!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LakeDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.81793 seconds