Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-13-2004, 10:05 AM   #1

Default PWC Sales Process

I am in the market for a new PWC (I search the archives and I understand the POVs on the pros and cons of PWC ownership... no need to offer anymore). My question relates to the sales process. Is the sales similar to that of a car where the MSRP is negotiable? What is the general discount off MSRP? Or does the market/competition generally hold close to the MSRP? Leaning towards Sea Doo at the moment so if you have any experience specific to Sea Doo, it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone, this is a great forum
Old 03-13-2004, 10:06 PM   #2
WeirsBeachBoater

Default Re: PWC Sales Process

DaSilva Motorsports, in Moultonborough. By far the best Seadoo dealer. Price close to MSRP but worth it, the service is great.
Old 03-13-2004, 10:11 PM   #3
Gil & Mary Anne Peck

Hi- Sea Doo and Yamaha are excellent PWC's . We currrently are on a Yamaha " Waverider" that has provided 5 years of trouble free service. Now- for part two of your question: as the season is short in New Hampshire, you will find that dealers are not in an overstock or "mass" stock situation. Therefore, discounts will be very hard to come by. Even though this sounds crazy- if you can, purchase the PWC out of state-- Florida , by far, has the best rates on any boat, let alone PWC. Discounts of up to 20% off retail are common- and " cash deals" are still greater. With the Sea Doo and Yamaha you will also find an excellent , nationwide, service oraganization. Good luck and happy hunting.
Old 03-14-2004, 06:59 AM   #4
Shaun

Well, Of course you can get a little money off MSRP or sometimes the manufacturer has specials like 500 in accesories. However I would buy soon because once the warm weather starts they won't take as much off. I bought a seadoo in September and I got 1200.00 off of MSRP. That was a very good deal though. E-mail me for more info.SAshton1@comcast.net I have had 3 Seadoos so I would go for it. They have one now with like 200+ hp.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:19 AM   #5
ITD

Newbie,

I've bought 3 Seadoos new and sold 1. The best I did on the new ones was a couple hundred off because I bought 2, Seadoo also gave me two cards for worth a couple hundred for gas, it was a promotion they were running. The last time a bought one, I paid list but got some extras thrown in. I bought at the wrong time of year to expect big discounts and now is the wrong time. You still should try though, you never know. Good luck.
Sponsored Links