Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-24-2023, 01:00 PM   #1
Winni Luvr

Smile Lees Pond

I've been going up to Lake Winnipesaukee for summer vacation for 50 years and soon I will be there again! Sort of. When I booked my property, I saw it was a cove in Moultonborough and just assumed (don't say it) that it was a cove on Lake Winnipesaukee. I didn't read the fine print, so we are actually staying on Lees Pond. I got over the initial shock months ago, so now I am just looking forward to going to NH, but I do have some questions. I am a fisher Gal, so the fishing is very important to me. The owner said the fishing is great there, but does anyone have any firsthand knowledge of the Bass fishing? Also, is it necessary to get a fishing license on this pond? I already got one because I do plan on fishing Lake Winnipesaukee, but since it says it is private, I am just curious. Absolutely can't wait to get back to NH no matter what! Fishing has been great in PA, so I am hoping for even better up there!!
Winni Luvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 02:20 PM   #2
Susie Cougar

I can’t say about the fishing, but I would assume it is very good there.

Have you looked to see if anything is still available on Lake Winnipesaukee? You may get lucky and find something, if that is where you prefer.
Susie Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 03:01 PM   #3
Winni Luvr

I booked in January. When I used to use Preferred Vacation Rentals, I remember not being able to book until the New Year, so I didn't rush. Not so on Airbnb or VRBO. The previous rental I had and loved on Alton Bay was booked apparently right after we rented it last year. Oh well, no biggy. This place looks great, and I won't get my money back now so I'm all in for enjoying my vacation. Hoping the fishing is great at the pond and I'll definitely fish Winnipesaukee at some point. Pond fishing is usually phenomenal, so fingers crossed. I'm just happy to get back to NH!
Old 08-24-2023, 07:56 PM   #4
Winilyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winni Luvr View Post
I booked in January. When I used to use Preferred Vacation Rentals, I remember not being able to book until the New Year, so I didn't rush. Not so on Airbnb or VRBO. The previous rental I had and loved on Alton Bay was booked apparently right after we rented it last year. Oh well, no biggy. This place looks great, and I won't get my money back now so I'm all in for enjoying my vacation. Hoping the fishing is great at the pond and I'll definitely fish Winnipesaukee at some point. Pond fishing is usually phenomenal, so fingers crossed. I'm just happy to get back to NH!
Great attitude!!
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winilyme For This Useful Post:
Winni Luvr (08-25-2023)
Old 08-24-2023, 10:55 PM   #5
DesertDweller

I have not personally fished on Lee’s Pond but know people who do and say it is very good for bass. Yes you will need a fishing license but it sounds like you have that covered. It’s pretty up there and quiet. The Lee’s Mills boat launch is right around the corner as well if would want to fish Winnipesaukee. Have fun.
DesertDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DesertDweller For This Useful Post:
Winni Luvr (08-25-2023)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2023, 10:56 PM   #6
8gv

I have zero experience fishing Lee's Pond but was curious and looked it up on Google Maps.

One of the pictures that populated on the information page showed a sign that says the maximum hp there is 7.5.

I hope that fits in with your equipment.
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 8gv For This Useful Post:
Winni Luvr (08-25-2023)
Old 08-24-2023, 10:58 PM   #7
DesertDweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post
I have zero experience fishing Lee's Pond but was curious and looked it up on Google Maps.

One of the pictures that populated on the information page showed a sign that says the maximum hp on the lake is 7.5.
That is correct on the horsepower limitation.
DesertDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 08:16 AM   #8
FlyingScot

Every waterfront home has both it's beauties and limitations. Lee's Pond is a dramatically different experience than Alton, but I bet you'll love it. We're looking forward to your report at week's end!
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 12:36 PM   #9
Winni Luvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Every waterfront home has both it's beauties and limitations. Lee's Pond is a dramatically different experience than Alton, but I bet you'll love it. We're looking forward to your report at week's end!
I will definitely post as to our experience at Lees Pond! I've stayed at most of the popular vacation areas on Winnipesaukee. Always stayed in Paugus Bay as a kid (Doll House Cottages and Christmas Island), then Weirs Beach, Meredith, the Broads in Gilford and Alton, and Moultonborough a few times more recently. I'm not too old for a little change and I will only be a hop, skip and a jump from the big Lake. I won't get to see the Mount pass by , but if the fishing is good, that will make up for it! I'll be in NH and that's the main thing!
Old 09-06-2023, 12:16 PM   #10
LoveLakeLife

Well? Tell us all about your trip please!

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
LoveLakeLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 01:08 PM   #11
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

If it was this last week, it was a stunning stretch of weather!

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 01:25 PM   #12
Grant

We stayed on Lee's Pond one September following the sale of our long-time family home in Tuftonboro. It was a GREAT spot -- and the fishing was wonderful, particularly at the north end, near the marsh. Lots of pickerel and bass. In fact, when we arrived, I went to the dock and threw in a jitterbug, and got a bass on the first cast. The rest of week, I kayak fished and had pretty good luck. Only bummer was a cyanobacteria bloom that kept us out of the water for the week, but now that's common on Winni, too. All in all, a very nice place to stay -- plenty of quiet. No boat traffic.

And, yes, you need a license, just like everywhere else...
Descant (09-07-2023)
Old 09-14-2023, 06:51 PM   #13
Winni Luvr

Our stay on Lees Pond was great! Totally not like staying on Lake Winnipesaukee though. I was literally the only person on a rowboat fishing every morning. It was eerie but fabulously peaceful. I could actually hear the whirring of jet skis from Winnipesaukee from our rental, but was so glad they were not allowed on this pond. I did catch quite a few Bass, but I didn’t catch the big one so was disappointed. I did very much enjoy our stay and not being on the big lake didn’t really matter. Thank goodness our rental had central air because it hit 90 degrees 2 days while we were there! We loved it!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Winni Luvr For This Useful Post:
baerkjkr (09-15-2023), Descant (09-14-2023), FlyingScot (09-15-2023), mhtranger (09-22-2023), Susie Cougar (09-15-2023)