Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 11-14-2015, 12:18 PM   #1
MGWillia

Default Maintenance Needs

Well it took time..And a wait on getting the money around... And since I asked previously (at least I think I had) I could use some advice on some maintenance needs.

I have a tree that needs to come down. It's big and trapped between some wires. I need a recommendation on a service/company for that to come down at a hopefully reasonable rate.

I want to put some Snow/Ice edge on the roof. (Yes, I know all of this should have been done by now, but time and money are always the driving force) Any recommendations on that job appreciated too.

Then there are our eves and soffets and attic vents. Also would like a recommendation on that (though it might be possible for the same as the roof work )

Final step, at least for this note. I'm looking to have a deck put on.

Thanks in advance for all the help, past, present and future
MGWillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 02:21 PM   #2
camp guy

Default Well it took time...

Welcome!!!

I can't speak to the carpentry services, but I am sure that there are local carpenters who can help. Ask around at the hardware store for a suggestion.

Now, to the tree. In my mind the answer is simple: Lovering Tree Care 569-0569. He is the best.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 06:54 PM   #3
Cindido

I've heard good things about Paul LaRochelle right here in Alton Bay: 875-3499
Cindido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 08:40 PM   #4
Lakeboater

Default Tree work Arbortech

For the tree work get a quote from Courtney from Arbortec Tree.
I highly recommend him. Did a big pine for us. Search this forum and you will find many recommendations for him. His number is 603-491-5183
For all the work you need get multiple quotes.
Lakeboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 05:56 AM   #5
tis

Thanked 1,379 Times in 955 Posts

If it is close to wires, check with the power company first.. They might cut it down for you.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2015, 09:33 AM   #6
Outdoorsman

Default The tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
If it is close to wires, check with the power company first.. They might cut it down for you.
I had my power company come out and take down 2 trees that were near power lines. Just know that they will clear the entire line on your property so they may cut/trim other trees at the same time. There is no charge for this service either.
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:26 PM   #7
Tomt

I had NHEC take a look a two trees near power lines that I was concerned about. The bark was split open and the trunk was soft and punky but the tree is still alive. They told me they would leave them alone because they were still alive. When I called I was told they will take down trees within 15' of the power lines if they determine it is necessary.
Tomt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:18 AM   #8
Charlie T

Default Power company

A couple of years ago I called PSNH to report that a tree at my front property line (not on my property) was leaning on a power line. I got a hard time about it from the first person I spoke to. When I asked for a supervisor I got the same treatment until I asked them if it would cost PSNH more money to take the tree down or to fix a downed power line in the middle of a snow storm. They finally came down a couple of weeks later and cut it down. I was pretty upset when they stacked 6 ft logs from the tree on my property and left. After several calls to them with no helpful results I had to pay Arbortech to remove the logs.

Be careful that this does not happen to you, the power companies don't want to be very helpful as far as trees go.

YMMV I hope

CT
Charlie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:27 AM   #9
Winnisquamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie T View Post
A couple of years ago I called PSNH to report that a tree at my front property line (not on my property) was leaning on a power line. I got a hard time about it from the first person I spoke to. When I asked for a supervisor I got the same treatment until I asked them if it would cost PSNH more money to take the tree down or to fix a downed power line in the middle of a snow storm. They finally came down a couple of weeks later and cut it down. I was pretty upset when they stacked 6 ft logs from the tree on my property and left. After several calls to them with no helpful results I had to pay Arbortech to remove the logs.

Be careful that this does not happen to you, the power companies don't want to be very helpful as far as trees go.

YMMV I hope

CT

Years ago I would have drove right to PSNH and stacked those logs up right in front of their facility. A half as*ed job is not a job done right. Between PSNH and Eversource I would rather deal with Metrocast on a daily basis then either of those two companies.
Winnisquamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:27 AM   #10
tis

When they cut one down by us, they also left the whole bottom part of the tree in one piece on the ground and it was big. This tree was half alive but dying at the top.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:35 AM   #11
HellRaZoR004

Put a sign on the wood that says "free". Someone will take it, especially if it's hardwood.

PSNH came through my street a few years back and I gave them the okay to cut a few of them down. They forgot to take the stump...this was in the fall right before it snowed....I called the foreman for the job in the spring and he was out that week to grind it down. I think it was Asplundh who had the contract with PSNH. Overall pretty happy with the ordeal.
HellRaZoR004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 02:18 PM   #12
tis

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRaZoR004 View Post
Put a sign on the wood that says "free". Someone will take it, especially if it's hardwood.

PSNH came through my street a few years back and I gave them the okay to cut a few of them down. They forgot to take the stump...this was in the fall right before it snowed....I called the foreman for the job in the spring and he was out that week to grind it down. I think it was Asplundh who had the contract with PSNH. Overall pretty happy with the ordeal.
We didn't even need to put a sign on it. Somebody came by and asked if he could have it. The problem was, the bottom part of the tree was too big and he couldn't cut it up. So it is still sitting there waiting for a logger to come pick it up. ( which it seems at this point may never happen)
Old 11-19-2015, 09:29 PM   #13
Wolfeborough Diner

Call Consider It Done they are fully insured and can do everything you are looking to have done from the tree removal to the deck. :-). 603-828-3125
Wolfeborough Diner is offline   Reply With Quote