Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts
Default Bennington Boats

Just wondering if there are any Bennington owners out there.......how do you like your boat and service at Channel Marine?
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
winnipiseogee

Not sure about Bennington but Chanel sucks. Bought my Crownline from them and I was actually happy when they lost the line. Their customer service is horrible. The lost one of my seats (goodness only knows how) and for 2 years they kept promising me it was "on order" and should "be in any day now..." Thats not my only problem with them but its pretty indicative of how they treat customers.
winnipiseogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:34 PM   #3
Grandpa Redneck

When we were looking for a new Toon 2 years ago Bennington was on our short list, but didn't care for the sales Dept attitude at Channel one bit.
But we are extremely happy with our Premier and Winnisquam Marine, Matt Galvin was our salesman and he not only made the purchase painless he actually made it enjoyable! They really wanted to make sure we got what we wanted/needed not just whatever they had on the lot.
So far the service has been great as well.
The Heath clan would Highly recommend them and Premier to absolutely anyone looking for a first class Toon and a dealership that goes the extra mile.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
SOB

Default Pontoon

SAMIAM, I purchased a 20 foot pontoon off of Channel a few years back. That was the only business I did with them, nothing to say about them good or bad. It was a fairly quick process.

As for the brand, they are great quality boats. I went to a boat show and checked out all the different manufacturers before I decided on Bennington. You can see the difference in the quality. The seats, the carpet, the hardware, etc. I am sure there are other brands of similar quality, but I know there are plenty of cheaper quality.

I forget the exact numbers, but they give a pretty good warranty on the deck of the boat. Worth looking into.

Let me know if you have any questions.
SOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #5
RLW

Bennington is just We have a 22' Bennington and just love it. We purchased the 22' so that we could get the full boat Bimini cover. We haven't needed any service to it since we bought it in 02 so cannot answer about any service to our boat. We did purchase the best carpeting and extra seat, table and all the covers including seat and the all over cover and they are just like new.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:29 PM   #6
codeman671

Look at premier or manitou.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:25 AM   #7
Winnisquamguy

Default Honda

Not sure if you get to choose the brand of your outboard but I would recommend Honda's 4 stroke. I have had my pontoon (Starcraft) since 02 and have never had to have anything done to it besides the regular services. It is also very quiet, uses no gas, and has plenty of power. Good luck with whatever you buy.