Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 11-30-2011, 06:30 PM   #1
Blue Pig

Default Mooring Survey Help

Hi everyone, I am a UNH MBA student currently developing a product that will make the lives of those that use mooring balls much easier. You can help me out by taking the survey below.

Thanks!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...RjdVE6MQ#gid=0
Blue Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
Steveo

Default Overkill

A bit of an overkill solution.

2 comments:

1. If you are going to use a pendant flag, then just use a pendant flag. I use a "pick up" buoy only and no ball at all. The buoy flag is about 6 ft and easy to grab from bow of boat. Pendant clasp is dropped over flag mast and rests on top of buoy, not attached. When mooring, I pull the flag up, grab clasp and let buoy drop back in water, flag mast slides through clasp as it drops.

2. Hooking up the clasp to the boat's mooring eyelet can be difficult but putting the clasp at the end of a flag doesn't make it easier. With waves, wind and poor balance I think it would be harder to use the flag to try to "lasso" the eyelet. Lying down on the bow and reaching over is more stable than standing and reaching down with a flag. I use a spring loaded clasp hook that you just have to "hit" the eyelet with and it's attached. To give myself some more time to hook up I first attach the clasp to a cleat, then lie down on the bow, pull on the pendant to get some slack, take the clasp from the cleat and reach over and attach. Never have a problem.
Steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:29 PM   #3
Blue Pig

Default Thanks

Thanks for the feedback, good insight
Blue Pig is offline   Reply With Quote