Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2006, 02:08 PM   #201
carguy

Default Enjoying Myself at FFIII

I am having a great time at FFIII meeting everyone.
Attached Images

Carguy
Norwich, CT 06360
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 02:17 PM   #202
csuhockey3

Default Howdy!

Hello! So fun to see all of you -- LG, thanks for the live cam!
Old 09-24-2006, 02:21 PM   #203
hockeypuck

Default Have a great time

Hi folks, Just wanted to drop a line an say hello.Hope you are enjoying FFIII. The pavilion looks great. Don't know the weather there but here in CT it is warm, muggy and some showers.
Shine on Brightly
HOCKEYPUCK
hockeypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:10 PM   #204
carguy

Default Forum Fest III Group Photo

FFIII Attendees at FFIII, Pavilion at Lake Shore Park, Sept. 24, 2006. Over $1300 was collected for Pepper's charity.
Attached Images

Carguy
Norwich, CT 06360
Old 09-24-2006, 03:12 PM   #205
Lin

Great shot, sorry I couldn't have been there. That is so awesome that much was raised for Pepper's charity. Way to go Winni forum members!!! Have fun!!
Old 09-24-2006, 04:15 PM   #206
gravy boat

Default Forum Fest III!!!

It was so nice meeting so many of you today at LSP -- and congratulations to Pepper, who is almost at the magic number for St. Baldrick's!!!!

For those who were unable to attend, I have to say that it was very nice to meet so many great people. Next year is another year and we hope to have even more of us there.

The raffle was a lot of fun --- items included beautiful photos by Island and Sunset; DVDs from Pepper and Carguy; a beautiful quilt by QuiltLady; and much, much more. A special thanks to MeenMac for the great pumpkin filled with spirits (I believe you were the donors) -- I am toasting you as I write this. ;-)

For the first hour or so, the weather was very cloudy, very muggy and about 76. Then the front moved through (thank you, Steve A. for planning ahead and keeping us all dry!) -- currently it's sunny, dry and 68.

I hope you all enjoyed the cam -- there was a whole half of the room that it didn't catch, so there were more folks there than the cam was able to scan.

Again, thank you to all who made this possible -- I look forward to Forum Fest IV!!!!

Gravy
gravy boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:56 PM   #207
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts

Great to see everyone! Many thanks to SteveA for accommodating us at the historic LSP Pavillion. Had to leave early. DID I WIN ANYTHING?
McD
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 06:58 PM   #208
Hermit Cover

Default Wow.....

A really special gathering by a really great group of people for a really special cause and a really good time was had by all......so the question that begs answering is, "When is Forum Fest IV????"

Special thanks to everyone that made this such a wonderful gathering and handled all the planning and logistics.

Next time will be bigger than this one....csuhockey3....wish you'd been there..your Mom was a really nice stand-in. (By the way...I need someone to guide me to a big bass on the lake and Mom says you know where they are....maybe next year).

The photos and live webcast were no doubt appreciated by those who could not attend....we even heard about one person who said they didn't want to attend....are they crazy? There's always next time...next year.
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 07:25 PM   #209
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,053 Times in 496 Posts
Default Thanks to All

Great time, Great company,

FF III was a wonderful event... I'm very happy to have helped.

SteveA
Old 09-24-2006, 08:23 PM   #210
Pepper

Default Wow. Where do I begin?

Wow. Where do I begin? So many of you to thank, so much emotion, so many new friends. Just so much!

First, an announcement of the total raised through ForumFest III: $1,335.00! Unbelievable. You people are so generous, words could never adequately express how grateful I am for the support of so many wonderful people. Note to Webmaster Don: We need an emoticon for hugs!

Next I just want all who couldn't make it today to know how much fun was had by all who attended! So many new friendships were made today! PLUS, we all had the priveledge to congregate in the Pavillion at Lake Shore Park, a place which holds special meaning to so many on this forum. For this we all owe a debt of gratitude to SteveA for making these arrangements, and ensuring not only a dry location for us to be, but providing a place that was so enjoyable! Steve, I know you're not big on hugging, but I'm sending you a GREAT BIG CYBER HUG anyway!

LakeDad - that's LakeGirl's father On behalf of everyone who attended today's event, a HUGE THANK YOU for allowing us to make use of your wonderful facility, and for having faith in us to respect the rules of the park, and care for your property. Your generousity is so very appreciated by so many!!!!!!! There is no emoticon which could adequately express our thanks to you and the Lake Shore Park Association.

I also want to thank Quilt Lady, DRH and Island Sib for all their administrative help today! Your assistance in properly dispensing all the pre-bought raffle tickets into their proper baskets, selling tickets today, and keeping record of all the winners was an enormous help! No way would I have ever been able to keep track of everything by myself, and I'm so grateful for your help!

Mac - the male half of Mee-n-Mac - A huge thank you to you as well, for making the raffle drawing so much more fun. Your hilarious sense of humor made it so much more fun for everyone!

Now on to the winner's list!

Spindle Point photo by Upthesaukee --- Pepper
Teddy Bear from Upthesaukee --- Mee
$25 Gift Cert for Hand-Made Pet Products from Deb's Joy (Mrs. Misty Blue) --- Rattlesnake Guy
Pumpkin full of Nips from Mee-n-Mac --- GravyBoat
2 Emergency Pet Kits from Lin --- Pepper & PaulS
2 "Lake Winnipesaukee" by Bruce Heald from Webmaster --- Upthesaukee & Carguy
Patriot's Sweatshirt from JustSold --- Mee
Sailboat Candle Light from JustSold --- Pineedles
2 Destination Winnipesaukee DVD's from Pepper --- Joann721 & KPW
2 $25 Gift Cert to Waldos from rrr --- Deb's Joy & Island Girl
Loon Thermometor from Rattlesnake Gal --- DRH
Winnipesaukee.com Hooded Sweatshirt from IslandSib --- Hermit Cover
"Remember When" photo book of Wolfeboro from McDude --- rrr
Winnipesaukee Water with Certificate of Authentication! from RattlesnakeGal --- SunsetBob
3 DVD's of Lake Winnipesaukee from Carguy --- IslandGirl, LakeGeezer & Richard (Riverat's friend)
Photo of Original Mt. Washington from Carguy --- Mee
Companion framed photos from IslandGirl --- SteveA
Antique Lake Chart from SteveA --- Diver1111
Cake Plate with server and Plates from Riverat --- Pepper
Blue and White Handmade Quilt from QuiltLady --- rrr
6 Framed photos from SunsetBob --- PaulS, IslandSib (for Pam), Mrs. SteveA, IslandSib, Pepper & SteveA

But when all was said and done, the biggest winner was St. Baldrick's Foundation! With the help of all you wonderful people, they'll be able to help more children in their battle with cancer!

And in closing I wish to extend my most sincere thanks to our Webmaster, for providing the venue which has brought us all together, which has allowed so many wonderful friendships to develop. Here again, there is no adequate emoticon!

I'll be making arrangements to get prizes to the winners who were not present this afternoon. I'll send emails directly to each when shipments go out, so that each will know when to expect packages!

Last edited by Pepper; 09-24-2006 at 09:33 PM.
Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:40 PM   #211
Mee-n-Mac

Thumbs up Late report on FF3

Well now I have to say I don't know how we're ever going to top (or match even) this year's FF. Luckily we had SteveA's generous offer to save us wussie-men from the downpours this afternoon. Merci beaucoup. Misty Blue managed to find us despite our best efforts, and manned the grill to perfection. Amazing he still has both eyebrows and most of his facial hair left ! (Note to self: next year bring working electric lighter) We had more food and goodies than even FLL could polish off and I'm thinking that if we continue to do this mebbe we should have 10k road race to work off the calories. Hmmm, did I say 10 k, I meant 1.0k ... errr, anyone for 0.1k ? (Decimal places, almost as confusing as apostrophes)

I'm told we went "live into cyberspace" and yet the building looked like it made in the late 1800's so I'm a tad . With the webcasting and big screen TV, I have to ask if live chat/IM'ing will be the next big FF thing ? I guess this leaves Mt Major out (waaaay out) as the next FF meeting place. As Pepper previously posted the raffle went well with many fine items going to happy homes. Nary a shot was fired, nor knife unsheathed, over the quilt drawing, a welcome change from last year. I'm still uncertain how the USMC "drafted" me (not "Mee" but me .... that is to say ... aahhh nevahmind) to assist in the whole raffle thing but having been called to duty, and unable to run away due to too much food (see above) and a general case of lethargy mixed with unrelenting feet of lead, I did my best to call out the winning ticket numbers to whomever paid me the most ! (Crap, did I just type that in public ?) Well, errr, OK but to those who won, remember that "check is in the mail" stuff isn't going to wash with "Mee". Oh yes, be afraid, be very afraid !

So now it's time to contemplate the next Winni Forum event and yes I am referring to WinterFest I wherein Winni Forum Flyers will demolish them thar ABCCC boys in the manly sport of crib racing. Yes, I can see it now. All they'll see are "derrieres*" and elbows, elbows and ... what ... about 10:20 dear ... past time for my meds ? .... OK be right there ... where was I ... and ... well something fast and ahead of them !

*That'd be fancy wussie-boy French speak for butts. Now in Nawlins, a city with a strong French background, they'd use a different term. Kinda odd, that.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:48 PM   #212
Pepper

I'm so hard I think I just broke something! I think we oughta see about meeting with a travel agent and booking a group charter to N'awlins!!!
Old 09-24-2006, 09:52 PM   #213
Mee-n-Mac

Wink Which ticket #s did you have

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdude
Great to see everyone! Many thanks to SteveA for accommodating us at the historic LSP Pavillion. Had to leave early. DID I WIN ANYTHING?
McD

You win ? Hmmm ... is "the check in the mail" ?
Old 09-24-2006, 10:05 PM   #214
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Great time -- Great Cause -- Great friends

Nice time for Jane & I. Lots of nice conversation. Meeting with some older friends, met some new friends, even met someone from "a prior life" (thanks for the tow, Misty Blue!!!! ).

Pepper, we are so proud of you for what you are doing in Mary's memory, and so glad you are so close to your $10k goal. It shall happen!!!!

Steve A and Lakeshore Park Assn. --- Thank you for your hospitality, kindness, and generosity. The pavillion is beautiful, and it's use was appreciated.

Those who couldn't make it -- hope you saw the webcast. Hope you can make it next year.

Finally but not least...Thanks once again, Webmaster Don. Without you providing this media for us to meet on line, we would not have gotten together in person. Sorry you couldn't join us, hopefully next year, and thanks again for all you do.

Great day and thanks to all for making Jane & I feel so welcome.

Dave
Old 09-25-2006, 08:51 AM   #215
rrr

Default At a loss for words...

I won the quilt? And McDude's book? I keep re-reading Pepper's message - can that be right? I am absolutely blown away! I have only won a raffle prize once before. At the first forum fest I won the photos that Rattlesnake Gal donated! And this year I wasn't even there! I'm liking these forum fest raffles! Can we have another one?

I'm so excited!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
rrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:17 AM   #216
Pepper

Yep! Yessiree! Youbetcha!!! You won the quilt and McDude's book!!!!

I have both in a box and ready to go! Shall I ship, or will you be in the area anytime soon? Next few days I'll be running around like a chicken with my head cut off (yeah, yeah, what else is new?) so it may take me a day or two to get it to the shippers'. You let me know what method is best for you!
Old 09-25-2006, 09:31 AM   #217
Grant

Wow...impressive turnout! Looks like fun.

Sorry to miss it, but my scheduled "closing" was the week prior.

Maybe next year.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:01 PM   #218
riverat

Default Great Time!

Myself, Mrs Riverat and Richard all had a fantastic time, Great People, Great Food and Great place. And the raffle items were fantastic!(wish I would of won something)
Can't wait until the next one, I had a feeling you guys were a nice looking bunch but now I'm sure.
Peace and Love everyone, we just experienced a "good thing"
Old 09-25-2006, 06:31 PM   #219
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverat
!(wish I would of won something)
riverat: I know what you mean. I never win nothin' (*) neither. I'm such a loser!

Mac: If only "Wee" had known that you would be pulling the tickets at the raffle, wee could've worked something out. I didn't know that you could be "persuaded"

Curious: Did any of Upthesaukee's old flames show up?

McD

(*) correct use of apostrophe with a double negative.

(**) Whoops! I think it's a triple negative.
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:48 PM   #220
carguy

Default SteveA's Chili

The chili that SteveA served at FFIII was delicious. I ususlly don't eat chili because I don't like the beans, but I sure liked his chili. I think it was the best chili that I ever ate, bar none.

Carguy
Norwich, CT 06360
Old 09-25-2006, 07:21 PM   #221
Pineedles

Default Check out the chili!

Hey Carguy,
Check out the chili EVERYWHERE. There are so many recipes that you can't imagine the taste variations. I've had soooo many, and Steve's was in the top 10 for a mild/warm variation. I know folks who won't even try chili for fear of to hot!!! Most public gatherings won't inspire the chef to burn their their guests palates and hence Steve's entry. Chili testing is one of the fun hobbies that you can do part time. BTW, part of the testing is the after effect... there was none ... a 10 as far as my scoring goes. Good job SteveA.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:59 PM   #222
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,053 Times in 496 Posts
Default chili

Pineneedles is exactly correct... I made it mild... ( no really "hot" peppers... hot sauce was "on the side" )

My Chili is usually "mild to - hot"... (easier to maKe it hotter that cool it down)

Been making it for years...

PS... I just had a little of the "leftovers" and I poured a bunch of "Mad Anthony's Hot Sauce" all over it... I'll report the effects in the AM....

Aww Corona!
Old 09-25-2006, 09:04 PM   #223
Pepper

Riverat and crew - indeed you did experience a good thing! The best part is that it gets better every year, so next year's event is something to look forward to for sure!

Sorry you didn't win anything in the raffle. Maybe Richard will share his prize with you!

Peace and love right back atcha!
Old 09-25-2006, 09:37 PM   #224
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdude
riverat: I know what you mean. I never win nothin' (*) neither. I'm such a loser!

Mac: If only "Wee" had known that you would be pulling the tickets at the raffle, wee could've worked something out. I didn't know that you could be "persuaded"

Curious: Did any of Upthesaukee's old flames show up?

McD

(*) correct use of apostrophe with a double negative.

(**) Whoops! I think it's a triple negative.
I ain't never saying nothing about nobody so that no one ain't put into an embarassing sitchiation no how!!! (I'll see your triple negative, and double it)

Sorry I didn't get a chance to speak too long with you McD, didn't realize you had to leave early. Nice to see ya though.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:15 AM   #225
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Talking ForumFest III

FFIII was absolutely wonderful! Seeing established friends, (Notice that I didn’t call you old?) and meeting a bunch of new ones was great fun! The time just flew by. I’m still trying to figure out how I missed meeting some of you. I think I almost met Gravy Boat as I went to investigate the unsupervised, delicious prize that Mee-N-Mac provided. (I thought I was going to get tackled! ) Maybe next year we’ll meet.

Many thanks go to Steve A and Mrs. Steve A for hosting this event at such an excellent location! You could just feel the history of the place. Thankfully you helped us out, the weather was very unpredictable Sunday. Our vote is to have FFIV at the same local next year!

Wow on the spread of food! Everything was mmm, mmm good!

The raffle prizes were fantastic! Thanks to all who provided them and thanks to all who participated in raising funds for the cause. Wasn’t it the best seeing Pepper floating happily around?

Congratulations rrr on winning the grand, and I mean grand, prize! (Did you hear that you almost didn’t win? Mee did, but graciously put it back up for auction.) Quilt Lady, you are amazing!!!!!

It was great having the big screen television playing the Old Winnipesaukee home movies. Thank you Carguy for providing it. What a treat sharing video of the first Mt. Washington with friends!

Lakegeezer, what can I say that hasn’t been said? You are the best! Thanks for thinking of all your forum friends that could not attend. The video you put together of the stills turned out great! What an innovative idea. Thanks for your time, efforts and expertise.

For those of you who could not make FFIII, try, try, try and make FFIV! We’re on a roll! ForumFest just keeps getting better and better!

Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:52 AM   #226
Newbiesaukee

This was our first FF and it was fantastic. We really appreciated the effort that was made to put it on. We didn't meet everybody but there is always next year. Everything was terrific, the food, the old movies, the location...but, as always, it is the people who make the difference. We had not previously met anyone but Pepper; but everyone was friendly and we felt right at home. I agree the highlight was seeing Pepper float on Cloud 9 above the proceedings!
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:58 PM   #227
PaulS

Default Had a great time

Despite my infrequent posts, Mrs. PaulS & I also had a great time, although it didn't hurt that we won a couple of great items (thanks Sunset Bob & Lin). It was great to be inside on a day with such changeable weather. Good food, good fun, good people... Thanks to Don for providing the forum which brought everyone together in the first place, too bad you couldn't make it. Well, I've used up my word quota for the month..
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:52 PM   #228
Just Sold

To all of those, Pepper, Steve A, Carguy, Lakegeezeer, Quilt Lady, Misty Blue and many others who organized and worked tirelessly to make FFIII the BEST of the BEST. Thank You Thank You Thank You!

Seeing current friends and meeting new ones too and the comraderie of the Forum Fest members was just spectacular. You are all the best.

Food, Oh Boy was it good.....and the photo's of me show it. Thanks to the cooks and bakers.

Lake Shore Park's Pavilion was a super place to hold the FFIII.

Next Year will be better, I can feel it.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:03 PM   #229
carguy

Default FFIII Name Tags

Yankee:

I think the flash from the cameras obliterated some of the name tags. People only had their "forum usernames" on their name tags, so they should not consider that an invasion of their privacy. In some of the photos that I posted, I listed the usernames of the people in the photograph. I for one could care less if they mentioned my real name which is Bill Clarke.

Carguy
Norwich, CT 06360
Old 09-27-2006, 07:15 PM   #230
Pineedles

Default ??

I begin this reply with a ?? , to indicate that I have 2 questions. What is your first name? and what is your surname? OH! I forgot, where do you live? I have nothing to hide. I wrote my first name on my badge and always introduced myself to everyone I met last weekend with my first and last name. Bring it on..
Old 09-27-2006, 07:20 PM   #231
Hermit Cover

Default Anonymous Unanimous....

Yankee...I think the reason for the blurring of names is that somewhere in row two of the group photo is Vallery Plame in her CIA disguise....seriously, if you look closely at the group and your eyes are really good, none of the name tags are blurred but all the names are the Forum names so it wouldn't be of much help to you. I know for a fact that some of the people in that group have no real names.....just Forum names. The name tags didn't identify us with our birth names....so we, the attendees, don't know any more than you.

I can divulge one of the secret identities....the couple in the forefront sitting on the floor go by the screen name of H----t C---r and Mrs HC. See you at the grocery store
Old 09-27-2006, 07:48 PM   #232
sonj

Default Wow!!!!!

I had no idea you all were planning an event to get together. Being a single mom its hard to get on the forum page and read up,but I guess I will Have to make a special point of it. I would have loved to have met you all. Hopefully there will be another opportunity in the near future.
I love the group photo and am glad you all had a great time. Pepper, what a great idea raising money.
Thanks to all to leave comments on my photos and am so looking forward to meeting you sometime in the near future.
Sonj
Death stings holds no power;
We have a Redeemer-an unfailing Tower".
-Gustafson
sonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:02 AM   #233
Rattlesnake Gal

Wink Name Tags

Yankee, I think the photos you are thinking of are the ones posted by Skipper of the Sea Que. He is just being sensitive about forum member’s privacy by blurring the nametags. Personally, I have no problem with people knowing my forum name or first name. Last year the forum names came out when people gave their expressed affirmation that it was okay.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:02 AM   #234
Skipper of the Sea Que
Deceased Member

Red face Guilty with extenuating circumstances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee
Hey, I thought that my post would be a bit controvercial. {snip}To carguy: Every pic that's close enough to read the name tag seems to be obliterated in the photo gallery. Maybe "The Don" could shed some light?
All the Forum Fest pictures I posted had edited name tags.
I did this because in past years I discovered that a few forum members preferred it that way. They were OK with posting their picture but not with associating a face with their forum name.

FF1: we had a contest to match the screen name with the people in the group picture. I don't think we ever saw a posting with all the answers.

FF2: Some people were identified in pictures and others were not. There was a permission list/system as I recall.

FF3: I assumed that anyone in the pictures that wanted to identify themselves to the online community can do so in the COMMENTS section under the picture. Screen names, real names or whatever.

So, based on past experience, I chose to edit the name tags. Should I be rethinking this and exchanging my pictures for the unedited versions?

------
I wanted to thank everyone involved with the gathering. There were so many details and a lot of thought, work and preparation (not to mention the clean up). Instead I'm talking about name tags.
I didn't think my name tag editing would be controversial.

Amateur HAM Radio What is it? You'll be surprised. When all else fails Ham Radio still works.
Shriners Hospitals providing specialized care for children regardless of ability to pay. Find out more or refer a patient.
Skipper of the Sea Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:17 AM   #235
DRH

Default You Did it Right, Al

Al - I think letting each person who attended FFIII decide for him/herself whether they want to be identified in the photos is absolutely the right way to go. One of the nice features of forums such as this is that folks can decide for themselves whether they want their real names, or screen names, associated with their faces. I'm sure there are those who are curious and would like to associate every FFIII attendee's face with their screen name, but this website is accessable by anyone with an Internet connection, not just members, and for that reason I am also sure that some folks here would probably prefer not to have their faces identified. I think you made the right call.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:47 PM   #236
Mee-n-Mac

Thumbs up I agree with DRH

DRH said it. If people want to "out" themselves they can. If not, then they aren't forced to by your pics. I'd have done (will do) the same thing, unless given specific permission by the pictionee (?).

ps - I call "no fair" to now going back to the FFI pics and trying to "win" the contest Certainly everyone can ID Pepper's pic !

pps - I don't think the editting was/is controversial. If you had taken a picture of the base of a cell phone tower and smudged the name on the plaque - now that would be controversial !
Old 09-28-2006, 05:46 PM   #237
Hermit Cover

Default Pepper?

Which one is Pepper??
Old 09-28-2006, 06:05 PM   #238
Captain Bob

Count me in with the no-controversy group. Good idea to blur the names, since some folks may be uncomfortable - no harm to others! By the way - if you zoom in REAL close on me, if you know which one is me, you can see that I'm actually "The Bear in the Big Blue House" wearing a rubber mask (plus the body gives it away).

Captain Bob
Captain Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:36 PM   #239
Lin

Default looking for Paul S

I hear he won one of the pet kits in the raffle. If you're reading this can you send a PM to me with your full name address so I can ship out. Or if you are up the lake area, I plan on bringing up Pepper's Columbus Day weekend and I could bring yours too.
thanks
Old 09-29-2006, 03:13 PM   #240
carguy

Default What's all the fuss about?

I cannot understand why all the fuss in posting a picture with a Forum member wearing a nametag with their Forum username or handle. The idea of member's usernames being different from their real name is to provide some form of anonymity for the individual. If you don't want you picture taken at a Group function wearing your nametag, just inform the the photographer of your wishes, or don't come to the function. It is that simple. As for me, I could care less if you had a photo of me wearing my nametage with username or my real name.

Carguy
Norwich, CT 06360
Old 09-29-2006, 07:49 PM   #241
Pineedles

Smile I'll quiet down

Alright, since I was one of the perps who stirred the pot, I'll quiet down. Yankee came thru with name and address and I'm satisfied. I like anonymity too, but for those who were there at FFIII I didn't disguise who I was, hence my first and last name intros. But maybe that's no big deal, as I didn't see anyone writing down my name as I circulated thru the crowd. AND WHAT A CROWD IT WAS! Thanks to all for the warm welcome and I look forward to FFIV.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:21 PM   #242
Rattlesnake Gal

Arrow Name Tags

R-Guy has a great idea for next year, two different colored nametags. One tag for those who would like to remain anonymous and the other for those who do not care who knows who they are. We make out our own tags, so whether to include real or last name is up to the user. Problem solved.
Pineedles, sorry I missed meeting you. Your photo album was very nice. Thanks for bringing it along to share with us.
Gravy Boat, I hope I didn’t offend you with my teasing.
Old 09-30-2006, 06:29 PM   #243
DRH

Default Presentation of the FFIII Quilt

The winner of the hand-made quilt in the FFIII raffle was rrr, who was unable to attend the event. She was presented with the quilt at Waldo Peppers today (9/30) by Pepper and Quilt Lady, who lovingly made the quilt. Here is the lucky winner (left) with Quilt Lady (center) and Pepper (who needs no identification!).

(Forum names are being provided with permission.)

Click here for a larger version of the photo.

Last edited by DRH; 09-30-2006 at 08:43 PM.
DRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:39 AM   #244
Island Girl

Default To rrr

Congratulations on winning the quilt... I also have a QL quilt and it is wonderful!!!!! I wish I were so talented.

IG

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:14 AM   #245
gravy boat

Default Ffiii

Rattlesnake,

I can't be offended -- that WAS me about to lunge over the table to protect our prize! ;-) Congrats to RRR for winning the quilt -- it's beauty!

Gravy
gravy boat is offline   Reply With Quote