Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: When and where should ForumFest II be?
ForumFest II should be held in July at the same location, Cate Park in Wolfeboro. 5 5.95%
ForumFest II should be held in July at a different location, Meredith, The Weirs, Ctr. Harbor, Alton Bay etc. 1 1.19%
ForumFest II should be held in August at the same location, Cate Park in Wolfeboro. 6 7.14%
ForumFest II should be held in August at a different location, Meredith, The Weirs, Ctr. Harbor, Alton Bay etc. 9 10.71%
ForumFest II should be held at the same location, Cate Park, after Labor Day - boat/car parking should be better. 21 25.00%
ForumFest II should be held at a different location, after Labor Day - boat/car parking should be better. 17 20.24%
Any time is good for me. 25 29.76%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2005, 08:58 AM   #1
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Arrow ForumFest II

It’s time to start thinking about ForumFest II!
Take the poll and give us your opinion.

Keep in mind it might be difficult to reserve a park in July or August. Boat & car parking could be a challenge too.

Our first gathering of forum members last September. It was a huge success.
ForumFest I
ForumFest Photos

Last edited by Rattlesnake Gal; 04-07-2005 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Add ForumFest I information.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:20 AM   #2
jkjoshuatree

Red face Forun Fest?

What is forum fest?
Old 04-07-2005, 09:28 AM   #3
Rattlesnake Gal

We had our first gathering of forum members last September. It was wonderful to put faces to the names. There were a few surprises too.
ForumFest I
ForumFest Photos
Old 04-07-2005, 09:32 AM   #4
Pepper

Thumbs up After Labor Day less crowds, too!

After Labor Day gets my vote, because not only will parking be less of an issue, but there will be fewer crowds around, thereby allowing more space for us to gather.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:32 AM   #5
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,088 Times in 782 Posts
Default After Labor Day

I have to agree with Pepper. September is my favortite boating month.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:09 AM   #6
Tired of Waiting

Post Simple answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjoshuatree
What is forum fest?
Lets see, how can I put this answer, Oh that's right it has to be simple cause that's what I titled this post.

Answer: A lot of FUN.

A gathering of anyone who is a forum member. Good talk, food and times.

I picked the same place and time as last year only cause it easy for me. Selfish yes but I'm entitled to be that way now and again aren't I? I'm up for the fest no matter where it's held.

ToW
Tired of Waiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 02:44 PM   #7
Skip

Thumbs up Count me in (again)!

Anytime, anyplace, anybody....looking forward to "Round Two".

Also looking forward (once again, hopefully) to the ForumFest II after-gathering gathering.
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 03:56 PM   #8
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Summer Residents vs Those Close by

Certainly post-labor day can make things easier as far as getting a location, but I wonder how many people would have difficulty getting here in September due to family concerns (school back in session), distance to travel, closed up camp on Labor Day, etc..

I am free most weekends, and of course I am "always upthesaukee". Certainly would like to see some new faces also be able to make it, so please take the poll, and if necessary, voice your opinion or reasons for a particular time period and or location.

Let the good times roll. McD...behave!
Old 04-07-2005, 05:02 PM   #9
Just Sold

Default ForumFest II - Yea!

I hope that many more can attend this years ForumFest II and whatever time and location comes out on top that people will be able to paln with the early advance notice.

Heck, the ice isn't even out yet and we are planning to party!!! Last year was a blast!!!!

A special Thanks to RG for putting the Poll together.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:39 PM   #10
Mee-n-Mac

Talking Planning commitee meetings

So if we do it again post Labor Day then no doubt we'll have to reconvene the ex-post fatto planning commitee for meetings over this summer. Should it be Garwoods again or someplace new ? Count us in pretty much anytime, anyplace (vote has been cast).

ps - Can I petition the Webmaster to make this a sticky for the forseeable future ?

Last edited by Mee-n-Mac; 04-07-2005 at 06:58 PM. Reason: sticky ?
Mee-n-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 10:22 PM   #11
DRH

Smile Food for Thought

It isn't my intention to interfere with RG's ForumFest II poll, but I had an idea I would like to throw out to everyone. What do you think about holding ForumFest II at Waldo Peppers at the Weirs? There would be plenty of food and soft drinks available (including Pepper's famous lobster rolls!), a restroom, and plenty of parking. We could gather outside if the weather is good, or inside if it isn't.

Before suggesting this idea on the Forum, I contacted Pepper and asked what she thought about the possibility of holding ForumFest II at Waldo Peppers. She said she would be honored to have us meet there if that's what the group decided to do.

So, as another possible location and time for ForumFest II, what do you think about Waldo Peppers after Labor Day?
Old 04-08-2005, 12:56 AM   #12
Mee-n-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRH
{snip}
So, as another possible location and time for ForumFest II, what do you think about Waldo Peppers after Labor Day?

This also works for me. Actually pretty much anything does
Old 04-08-2005, 09:07 AM   #13
Sandy Beach

Thumbs up Who are those people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal
Our first gathering of forum members last September. It was a huge success.
ForumFest I
ForumFest Photos
I would love to get to the next forum fest. Is it time to list the names with all the faces in the photo posts? Some people are named in some pictures while others just have a number for the guessing contest. I entered and it was difficult. With help I think I finally got 70% of the names correct. Thanks Outlaw for taking my guesses.

Set the date. I will try to make it whenever it is even though my schedule is hard to predict. The location should be easy to get to by car or boat.
Sandy Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:06 AM   #14
Rattlesnake Gal

I'm number 3.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:10 AM   #15
dpg

If you folks do not mind having this get together inside how about Moultonborough? There must be a Suissevale member out there that can rent their clubhouse for short money, they do allow members to rent the facilities. It's a nice place with a full kitchen where food can be brought and heated or even cooked. All that people need to do is clean up after themselves, that's not asking too much. My families in there but I have no ideas when I'll be there or not, it's always a last minute thing. Plenty of parking in it's own parking lot and you can even hold it some evening. Heck, why don't you guys (and gals) make some kind of dinner get together out of the occassion? Your only down fall would be boat parking/tieing, you'd better plan on a car. Hey, you can even find a little band or D.J.??? Just a thought.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 11:23 AM   #16
GTO

Default forum fest

If you can't get there by boat, there's no way I'll be able to get "Yes Dear" there
Old 04-08-2005, 08:39 PM   #17
Just Sold

Thumbs up

SandyBeach,

I just reviewed your responses on photo post and you got me, #11 and Mrs. JS, #18 incorrect but you made a valiant try.

How many of you other attendees from last year will reveal your real #!

I look forward to meeting you and many other atendees at this years ForumFest II.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:25 AM   #18
Mee-n-Mac

Question Yes Dear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
If you can't get there by boat, there's no way I'll be able to get "Yes Dear" there
Are you refering to the love of your life or your wife ?
Old 04-09-2005, 02:31 AM   #19
Mee-n-Mac

Talking The mystery deepens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Beach
I would love to get to the next forum fest. Is it time to list the names with all the faces in the photo posts? Some people are named in some pictures while others just have a number for the guessing contest. I entered and it was difficult. With help I think I finally got 70% of the names correct. Thanks Outlaw for taking my guesses.

I thought there was a list of names matching the faces but I surely can't find it either. Perhaps some wished to remain nameless. I will say that I'm in Outlaw's #'ed picture but "Mee" is not. She was in a picture though and has a number. You were correct in that your guess for Al's picture was not us. Given the above you can figure it out. You can e-mail me with your next guess if you wish or better yet come to FF II and find out

Last edited by Mee-n-Mac; 04-09-2005 at 02:33 AM.
Mee-n-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 09:37 AM   #20
GTO

Default forumfest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mee-n-Mac
Are you refering to the love of your life or your wife ?

actually neither. He's a man of many aliases but best known as, Mr......oh, never mind.
And Mee & Mac, if I don't see you at forum fest, maybe I'll see you around your parents place this summer.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:09 AM   #21
GWC...

Talking Curious...

Why does it only have to be one Forum Gathering a season?

Why not several - each at a different location and month?

Or, perhaps some poker runs or treasure hunts or scavenger hunts, each restricted to a portion (SW, NW, SE or NE) of the Lake, involving several locations in close proximity, so that all may participate? For example, Alton Bay to the West Alton area, or Lee's Mills to Green Basin area (nice excuse to view the Steamboat Rally), or Center Harbor to the Bear Island area, or (you add some places here). With a small area invoved, no need for speed, in fact, if someone is too fast, time-wise, points are deducted from their total score - even APS in his kayak will be able to participate (APS can get a ride or tow to the area by a forum member so that he will not have to leave a day early - just kidding ). After the fun, time for food, drink, and a few laughs.

Just a thought...
GWC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 11:30 AM   #22
Hermit Cover

Default Forum Fest-ers Faces

For those of us having trouble naming the faces in the group photo from last year's gathering.....I found several of the faces adorning a wall display in the Moultonboro Post Office....the photos even listed a few alias's like Lefty, Mugsy, and even Art Vandelay. Check out YOUR local postal facility and see if you can match the numbers and the faces with the names. When you've completed the task call your local FBI Field Office....they are offering a prize (reward) if you name all of the Forum Fest Faces and know their last known address.
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 11:41 AM   #23
Rattlesnake Gal

Thumbs up Keep The Good Ideas Coming!

It absolutely doesn’t have to be just one gathering per season! We could have the big one after Labor Day as the poll is leaning toward as well as mini ones during the summer. It is all a matter of someone initiating it. Hopefully we will get interested people who are willing to help. Last year was not easy to organize. The planning sessions were a bit of a bust. With the success of ForumFest I we should have better attendance and participants this year.
Keep the ideas coming everyone! Scavenger hunts, poker runs etc. sound great. So does utilizing use of different member community clubhouses, Waldo’s and so on. (If you haven’t been in to meet Pepper yet, you should - you will see why there is a draw to have it there. She treats you like family and she makes you feel that you’ve known her all your life.)
There are many themed Mount Washington Cruises too, which would be fun as groups. Not too much planning needed for that. Same with various concert nights around the lake.
It looks like our first gathering should be early, May perhaps? That way we can all kick around ideas for the big ForumFest II. Remember, the more the merrier!!!
Old 04-09-2005, 07:42 PM   #24
trfour

Post Great Idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal
It absolutely doesn’t have to be just one gathering per season! We could have the big one after Labor Day as the poll is leaning toward as well as mini ones during the summer. It is all a matter of someone initiating it. Hopefully we will get interested people who are willing to help. Last year was not easy to organize. The planning sessions were a bit of a bust. With the success of ForumFest I we should have better attendance and participants this year.
Keep the ideas coming everyone! Scavenger hunts, poker runs etc. sound great. So does utilizing use of different member community clubhouses, Waldo’s and so on. (If you haven’t been in to meet Pepper yet, you should - you will see why there is a draw to have it there. She treats you like family and she makes you feel that you’ve known her all your life.)
There are many themed Mount Washington Cruises too, which would be fun as groups. Not too much planning needed for that. Same with various concert nights around the lake.
It looks like our first gathering should be early, May perhaps? That way we can all kick around ideas for the big ForumFest II. Remember, the more the merrier!!!
WaldoPepper's has many minni forumfest gatherings!
Just an idea,.. A WaldoPepper guest book for us to sign and maybe add a photo, in the book or on their website guest book. Then all of us and the fans as well could feel as part, year round!
Whatsay?

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 03:28 PM   #25
Yes, Dear

Default "Yes, Dear"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
GTO, you know me so well. Unfortunately, I was away last year and unable to make the festivities, but this year I'd gladly make the extra effort. I'm up for any place on the lake and at any time as long as I can get there by boat. "Yes, Dear", of course. I make it a point to avoid driving during the summer if at all possible. I look forward to meeting everybody there.
Yes, Dear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 12:31 AM   #26
Mee-n-Mac

Question Poll still open

Just giving this thread a bump so it doesn't get lost. So far it looks like a post-Labor Day outing (no need to rush, heck the ice isn't even out yet) is prefered although, if we can, it seems a FmG sometime mid-summer would go over well too.

FmG - Forum mini-Gathering as in a bunch-o-people just meet at some restaurant (? WPs ?) or cook-out for a few beers and lunch.
Old 04-16-2005, 05:30 AM   #27
restauranteer

Default Food? Drink? I'm in love!

Quote:
...Forum mini-Gathering as in a bunch-o-people just meet at some restaurant (? WPs ?) or cook-out for a few beers and lunch.
My two favorite subjects Mee-n-Mac, Food & Drink!

By the way, are you as cute as you are smart??? (Oh, quit blushing, I'm just kiddin')

I'm in, anytime...as long as my ultra-secret identity remains intact (would it be appropriate for me to wear a mask....ala the "Phantom Gourmet" ???

Salute!
restauranteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 07:28 PM   #28
Skipper of the Sea Que
Deceased Member

Wink Place the face - who is a TEN? me.....

Quote:
I thought there was a list of names matching the faces but I surely can't find it either. Perhaps some wished to remain nameless. I will say that I'm in Outlaw's #'ed picture but "Mee" is not. She was in a picture though and has a number.
I had a great time at Forum Fest I. Somehow I managed to be a "10" in the group photo . I think it's time to put names with the numbered faces in the pictures. Some were named in the Weirs Times article (thanks Legend) and some were named with other pictures. The unidentified numbered people in the FFI pictures I posted gave me their permission to post their pictures and name names. Unless there are any objections, in the next few weeks I'll add comments with the names to the numbers on pictures that I took and posted.

As for FFII, bring it on! Waldo Peppers sounds good to me but such a big crowd parking, hanging out, talking and etc. might scare the normal clientèle away. At least we would have convenient tasty refreshments available. They've got great food under that airplane.

Maybe we can get together for an informal Forumfest Raft somewhere (in a RAFTING zone of course).

Hope to see you or hear you all on the Lake. I monitor marine channel 16. I can't wait to be back out on the Lake.

Skipper of the Sea Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 12:21 PM   #29
Grant

Default FmG Indeed

Quote:
Just giving this thread a bump so it doesn't get lost. So far it looks like a post-Labor Day outing (no need to rush, heck the ice isn't even out yet) is prefered although, if we can, it seems a FmG sometime mid-summer would go over well too.

FmG - Forum mini-Gathering as in a bunch-o-people just meet at some restaurant (? WPs ?) or cook-out for a few beers and lunch.

Sign me up for one of those. Post-Labor Day's impossible, since we have an exchange student arriving and I will have tapped my vacation days for the year in July and August. So if anyone's down for some Wolfeboro beverages some time, drop a line.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:27 PM   #30
Chris Exley

Default Would love to come, but....

After Labor day is too hard. Kids, school, 8 hours away. Could I at least suggest for those members that are up during the July 4 festivities, that a central meeting point be declared? Even if it is not a full forum fest, it would be great to at least meet a few people for a few minutes.

I'll be at the Wolfeboro gathering, near the Bailey Bubble. at 7:30. see you there.
Chris Exley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 08:33 AM   #31
Grant

Default So close...So far...

Kids...school...8 hours away...my case exactly. But I see why, since we're in the same region. I was actually up in Trappe at my brother-in-law's over the weekend.

We need to start a shuttle service...
Old 07-10-2005, 10:04 AM   #32
Rattlesnake Gal

Exclamation It's Time To Think About FmG!

Quote:
It’s time to plan the FmG for when Grant and other members will be in the area again. Any ideas?

The same location, Cate Park, after Labor Day and a different location, after Labor Day are tied ~ Any time has the most votes.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:22 AM   #33
Outlaw

Default Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip
Anytime, anyplace, anybody....looking forward to "Round Two".

Also looking forward (once again, hopefully) to the ForumFest II after-gathering gathering.
I'm there ! Maybe this year we can do the same idea for raising some $$ for the after gathering gathering --- errr ummm I meant to say for our webmaster and this site. Yah that's it, that's what I meant to say....
Old 07-11-2005, 11:50 AM   #34
Frdxplorer

Hey guys, glad to see we have such enthusiasm for the Forum Fest again this year. Once again, it looks like it is gonna be tough for me to make it. I am starting law school this fall and have to be to campus by the 17th of August. Labor day is a possibility but I have a feeling I'm gonna be pretty swamped the first few months.

I am gonna be around on the 24th of July if anyone is up for a small get together in Wolfeboro. If you're interested, let me know.
Frdxplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:48 PM   #35
Merrymeeting

I like the 24th. It will be a good way to start my vacation!
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 03:40 PM   #36
BroadHopper

Lightbulb Raising the $$$$

Maybe we can have a little yard sale. I'm sure everyone has something to donate.
Also, The merchandise that are for sale on Winnipesaukee.com. Is it possible to have them for sale during the forumfest? That will raise maoney as well.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:18 PM   #37
Gilly 20

Default Forum Fest 2

I'm all for a get together after labor day. Last year's date seemed to work out for everyone.-- But let the majority rule-- this forum is too much fun and too well founded to worry about dates. Considering that most of our itineraries are so crowded-- August is proabbly pretty well shot by now- anyway.-- Count me in- ANYTIME!
Gilly 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:50 AM   #38
Tired of Waiting

Default Bumpty bump

BUMP

Any activity on Fest II?

ToW
Old 08-03-2005, 08:38 PM   #39
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts
Default Saturday after Labor Day

After an exhaustive search of the poll results....it appears that 39 respondents or approximately 41.2% could show up at Cate Park on the Saturday after Labor Day. Sounds good to me I could make it. Anyone else?
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:02 PM   #40
Outlaw

Default A forum fester

Saturday September 10th, I can be there -- with spurs on.....

Last edited by Outlaw; 08-04-2005 at 12:00 AM.
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:13 PM   #41
Pepper

Default Yessireeee!

Yessireeeeeeeee! I'll be there. What time?
Old 08-03-2005, 09:22 PM   #42
ghfromaltonbay

Default Forum Fest II

Count me in as well for the 10th.
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:24 PM   #43
Mee-n-Mac

Thumbs up Add 2 more too

Count us in !
Old 08-03-2005, 09:35 PM   #44
Outlaw

Default Razzle Dazzle

What are we raising money for this year?? If indeed we are we need to firm up the plans for whatever idea we come up with to raise the money. We can always do the same as last year, the raffle (shhhhh not to loud with that word, we don't want the fed's on our backs).

Think people, think -- any ideas????
Old 08-03-2005, 10:29 PM   #45
GWC...

Default Two for one...

If you meet at Lees Mills on the 10th, you can also take in the beginning of Steamboat Week, as per the following link:

http://www.berrypondmotel.com/events.cfm

P.S.- Don't forget to let off a little steam while there.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:58 PM   #46
Outlaw

Default A good cause for raising money

How about if we raise money this year to support the maintenance of the Live Cams we have that haven't been updated (or whatever needs to be done with them to maintain them) in awhile. Like Snake Eyes, Weirs Channel, The Weirs Cams, or whichever ones are in desperate need of attention. Some of them look like they are in need of assistance based on the quality of the pictures and the down time they have suffered. I'm sure Don and the folks who help with monitoring the cams can let us know which ones are in the greatest need of help.

I know I love to look at these in the summer as well as the winter. Get some great shots.

What do you think???
Old 08-04-2005, 07:14 AM   #47
Mee-n-Mac

Default Webcam $$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw
How about if we raise money this year to support the maintenance of the Live Cams we have that haven't been updated (or whatever needs to be done with them to maintain them) in awhile. Like Snake Eyes, Weirs Channel, The Weirs Cams, or whichever ones are in desperate need of attention.

Sounds, errr, looks good to me. Either that or it's the new server fund ....
Old 08-04-2005, 07:28 PM   #48
Skip

Thumbs up Add one more to the list....

....count me in too, for the post-gathering activities as well

And its never too soon to start planning for the snowmobile gathering on the Lake we were never able to firm up last season....I have a new sno-checked machine arriving sometime in September and I'll be cranking the miles out on her this upcoming season...would love to have a get-together on the Lake sometime this winter!

Skip
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 08:20 PM   #49
BroadHopper

Thumbs up Sept 10

Sounds good to me.

I can go to the Hampton seafood fest the next day.

Maybe we can raffle of some of those Winipesaukee thongs!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2005, 08:44 PM   #50
mcdude

Talking What time?

to everyone .... but esp. Pepper (since she asked),
What time works for you? I'm thinking 3ish or 4ish....after a day of boating but before dinner? Who else is dropping in to say hi?
How about a contest! Everyone guess how many people will show up in a winnipesaukee.com thong?
(I'M ONLY KIDDING!)
Old 08-04-2005, 09:46 PM   #51
Pepper

3ish works great!
Old 08-04-2005, 10:29 PM   #52
Outlaw

Default thing Thong Thung

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdude
to everyone .... but esp. Pepper (since she asked),
What time works for you? I'm thinking 3ish or 4ish....after a day of boating but before dinner? Who else is dropping in to say hi?
How about a contest! Everyone guess how many people will show up in a winnipesaukee.com thong?
(I'M ONLY KIDDING!)
Ok Yah -- now this is what I call way Way WAY too much time on your hands (to create this graphic). Good work though. Any rules on how you have to wear this thing / thong..???

3ish works good. I'm there for the after party party.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:54 AM   #53
Tired of Waiting

Talking Oh boy!!!

Quote:
Ok Yah -- now this is what I call way Way WAY too much time on your hands (to create this graphic). Good work though. Any rules on how you have to wear this thing / thong..???

3ish works good. I'm there for the after party party.
I wasn't going to touch Outaw's "I'll be there with spurs on" yesterday but when added to this one.

After seeing what Outlaw looks like at last years fest. Outlaw in spurs and a Thong!! I just couldn't help myself this time.

I am going to be in the area the week before. have to take Ma's dock and boat out. But I guess I can come up again the next weekend. Mrs ToW would love to make the trip anyway.

ToW
Old 08-05-2005, 11:44 AM   #54
webmaster

Thanked 3,691 Times in 819 Posts
Exclamation Smiley Central

Just a reminder that you should never, ever use or visit the Smileycentral.com site. They are one of the most notorious sites for infecting your computer with adware and spyware. One visit and your computer may never be the same. See this thread for more information:

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1595
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 02:34 PM   #55
BroadHopper

Talking Graphical Thongs

Mcdude created the graphics?????

You mean it's not for real????

I was going to order a bunch of them from the store for the girls!
Old 08-05-2005, 03:31 PM   #56
webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper
Mcdude created the graphics?????

You mean it's not for real????
The thong is for real and you can order them here. I added it as kind of a joke, after checking with my wife to see if she thought it was appropriate. I've actually sold about 20 of them.

Who's wearing them? We can only guess.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:07 PM   #57
GWC...

Quote:
I was going to order a bunch of them from the store for the girls!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBMASTER
The thong is for real and you can order them here.
How's that foot taste?

Backview:
Old 08-09-2005, 10:35 AM   #58
Grant

Default Wedgie

I dunno -- looks a little uncomfortable to me. I'm not ordering one -- no matter how many people request a picture.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:08 PM   #59
webmaster

Quote:
What are we raising money for this year??
The regular members of this forum are the most generous people I've ever seen. Last year I was overwhelmed when the mere mention of upgrading the WeirsCAM resulted in $1400 in donations in just several weeks, including at the ForumFest I. When I mentioned a server upgrade this spring many let me know they were ready to chip in and a few even sent in unsolicited donations. Fortunately I was able to make an arrangement that paid for the server and its maintenance costs making any fundraising unnecessary.

Now that the WeirsCAM is upgraded and I have the new server (it'll be working soon) I'm not going to do any more fundraising, which I was never that comfortable with. If the organizers of the ForumFest II want to select another worthy Lakes Region charitable cause this time I'd certainly support it.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:47 PM   #60
Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of Waiting
I wasn't going to touch Outaw's "I'll be there with spurs on" yesterday but when added to this one.

After seeing what Outlaw looks like at last years fest. Outlaw in spurs and a Thong!! I just couldn't help myself this time.
TOW -- you slay me. I'm LOL on this one. I guess what I wrote is a classic example of not thinking when writing. But, just so I'm not underdressed, I think I'll sport an urban cowboy hat as well. Looking forward to seeing you there.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:03 PM   #61
Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster
The regular members of this forum are the most generous people I've ever seen. Last year I was overwhelmed when the mere mention of upgrading the WeirsCAM resulted in $1400 in donations in just several weeks, including at the ForumFest I. When I mentioned a server upgrade this spring many let me know they were ready to chip in and a few even sent in unsolicited donations. Fortunately I was able to make an arrangement that paid for the server and its maintenance costs making any fundraising unnecessary.

Now that the WeirsCAM is upgraded and I have the new server (it'll be working soon) I'm not going to do any more fundraising, which I was never that comfortable with. If the organizers of the ForumFest II want to select another worthy Lakes Region charitable cause this time I'd certainly support it.
I'd like to begin by saying 'thank you Don' for your wonderful comments.

but....What about the Weirs Channel Cam and Snakeeyes, they're both just ordinary video cams (I believe) and I can't imagine they are fairing well in the good old NH winters and they are aging. These are two of my favorite cams and it would be a crime to not have them operating.

There are sooooooo many excellent causes to raise money for in the Lakes Region (I contribute my time (and money) to many of them and love doing it)) and being this is the winni forum, the various features, tools and equipment which keep this site as it is, is a great cause in my opinion. What do you say everyone -- raise money for our web cams !!!???

If not, I have a number of ideas to toss out on the table.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:28 AM   #62
Merrymeeting

Unhappy Not again!!

Ok, I have a request for ForumFest III. Please either have it on a Sunday, before Labor Day, or on a Saturday when it doesn't conflict with a BC football home game!

I just realized that for the second time I'll need to miss the get together because of the BC conflict.

Just so you don't think I'm that football crazed...I'm lucky enough to have a nice cushy job keeping stats for the home games. So skipping a game is not an option for me.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:22 AM   #63
webmaster

Quote:
What about the Weirs Channel Cam and Snakeeyes, they're both just ordinary video cams.
Here's what I know about those CAMs:

The Channel CAM is operated by Weirsonline.com. They have had a fundraising drive going for about a year but apparently haven't reached their goal. Their site says that they raised $605 as of 3/18. I'm not sure why the tally stopped there but the drive may have fizzled. Although I encourage everyone to support them and their CAM, I would rather not use winnipesaukee.com to do it. Weirsonline duplicated many of my site's features, although they did discontinue their forum, and competes with me for advertising dollars and your patronage. Although I don't mind the competition they should raise the money without help from my site.

Snake eyes is privately operated by Island Girl and I host it for free on my server. I'm not sure if she wants to upgrade and you should contact her about that. Even with an upgrade it is very unlikely that she would be able to provide video since she is limited to a dial-up connection.

The Anchor Marine CAM is ready for an upgrade. I operate and maintain the camera for Bob at Anchor Marine and we have discussed upgrading it to a newer camera that can feed video. The action on his gas dock and the view of the Mount and other boats going in and out would be very interesting in video. The only consideration is that Anchor Marine is a business and I don't know how people would feel about donating for commercial purposes.

What would be great is if someone would "donate" a great location for a new CAM and we could raise the funds for the hardware and internet connectivity. The problem is finding a great location with a unique view.

10 years ago next month I bartered a ride in a seaplane to take aerial pictures that would become the first feature of winnipesaukee.com. At the time a live CAM was only a dream and I hadn't even thought of adding a forum yet. 10 years later new CAMs are being installed at an incredible rate and many are feeding video. I can't help but wonder what will come in another 10 years. Will we be able to go anywhere on the lake without someone watching?
Old 08-10-2005, 10:39 AM   #64
Merrymeeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster
Will we be able to go anywhere on the lake without someone watching?
With tools like this available, it might be much less than 10 years! (great and scary thought at the same time).

Look! Island Girls duck rash has cleared up!

http://earth.google.com/
Old 08-10-2005, 11:25 AM   #65
Tired of Waiting

Default Smiling

Quote:
TOW -- you slay me. I'm LOL on this one. I guess what I wrote is a classic example of not thinking when writing. But, just so I'm not underdressed, I think I'll sport an urban cowboy hat as well. Looking forward to seeing you there.
Outlaw, I was like a kid in a free candy shop, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity.

However, I think the Hat will be the perfect way to,,,, Top off the outfit.

Looking forward to seeing you and the others again this year.

ToW
Old 08-10-2005, 04:15 PM   #66
mcdude

Merrymeeting: I just threw out 9/10 to keep the discussion going. Is there a BC home game on 9/17? Would the 17th work better than the 10th? Where is RattlesnakeGirl when we need her??? Do we need another poll?

Perhaps instead of fund-raising we should simply have a 10th Anniversary Party?

Nametags or incognito?
Old 08-10-2005, 04:31 PM   #67
BroadHopper

Thumbs up Excellent Idea!

Let's have a forumfest one weekend and a 10th anniversary party another weekend. That way people who couldn't make it one weekend can make it the other! Of course, those who can make both, can count their blessings!!!!
Old 08-10-2005, 09:05 PM   #68
Outlaw

Quote:
Merrymeeting: I just threw out 9/10 to keep the discussion going. Is there a BC home game on 9/17? Would the 17th work better than the 10th? Where is RattlesnakeGirl when we need her??? Do we need another poll?

Nametags or incognito?
Name tags definitely.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:32 PM   #69
Mee-n-Mac

Thumbs up The 10'th or the 17'th is good

Quote:

Nametags or incognito?
The poll suggests that any date after Labor day is preffered so I guess it could be the 10'th or the 17'th, whichever works for most people. Might I suggest that for the others who wanted/needed a pre-Labor day date we do a FmG/Anniversary party sometime in Aug ? That way those who aren't around post LD can make 1 gathering.

I also say name tags but no way I'm sticking one on the thong. Last year we did the raffle thingee, should we have an event (assuming it's not another fund raising raffle) this year as well ? Sounds like it's time for another meeting of the ex-post-fatto planning committee
Old 08-10-2005, 11:30 PM   #70
Outlaw

Quote:
The poll suggests that any date after Labor day is preffered so I guess it could be the 10'th or the 17'th, whichever works for most people. Might I suggest that for the others who wanted/needed a pre-Labor day date we do a FmG/Anniversary party sometime in Aug ? That way those who aren't around post LD can make 1 gathering.

I also say name tags but no way I'm sticking one on the thong. Last year we did the raffle thingee, should we have an event (assuming it's not another fund raising raffle) this year as well ? Sounds like it's time for another meeting of the ex-post-fatto planning committee
Depending on when the ex-post-fatto meeting is, count me in.

The raffle idea was a success last year. You looked way cool in the hat! I've got a great thong, I mean thing for a raffle idea.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:39 AM   #71
Mee-n-Mac

Question "Planning committee" meeting this weekend ?

Quote:
Depending on when the ex-post-fatto meeting is, count me in.

The raffle idea was a success last year. You looked way cool in the hat! I've got a great thong, I mean thing for a raffle idea.
Hmmm, can anyone (everyone is invited) do lunch @ Shibleys in Alton Bay this Sat, 8/13, between 1pm and 3 pm ? Usually there are slips available after the normal lunch rush and certainly car parking isn't an issue. A plus is that anyone staying for the band (7-9 pm) or fireworks (9:20 pm) will already be in the area. We can take over, errr, sit out on their deck over the bay. Of course if it's too hot, the bar over @ JP China is air conditioned and the MaiTai's are fierce Who, if anyone, is in ?
Old 08-11-2005, 11:54 AM   #72
BroadHopper

Default Nope

Unfortunately I'm invited to a pig roast at one of the McMansions.
However the band sounds good. Is this at Shibley's?
Old 08-11-2005, 05:59 PM   #73
Mee-n-Mac

Default And the band plays on

Quote:
Unfortunately I'm invited to a pig roast at one of the McMansions.
However the band sounds good. Is this at Shibley's?
The band plays in the bandstand next to Shibleys as part of the Alton Old Home Days festival. See http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ead.php?t=2332.

I forgot the boat show would be tying up the town docks until noon. I dunno if that will help or hurt the post noon slip availability. I guess I can offer some anchorage/rafting for a few boats and a car ride should it be needed.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:47 PM   #74
Mee-n-Mac

Default Reschedule I guess

Quote:
Hmmm, can anyone (everyone is invited) do lunch @ Shibleys in Alton Bay this Sat, 8/13, between 1pm and 3 pm ? {snip} Who, if anyone, is in ?
From the dearth of replies I surmise everyone is otherwise occupied this weekend (that or scared off by those craft show people). Perhaps we'll try again next Sat.

I guess this went over like a .... so said Keith Moon to Jimmy Page.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:59 PM   #75
Outlaw

Quote:
From the dearth of replies I surmise everyone is otherwise occupied this weekend (that or scared off by those craft show people). Perhaps we'll try again next Sat.

I guess this went over like a .... so said Keith Moon to Jimmy Page.
Possibly next Saturday, this weekend I have the M-in Law up don't think I can get away. I usually work on weekends, but next Saturday I should be done by noon (I'll be in Moultonborough until noon).
Old 08-17-2005, 11:03 AM   #76
Rattlesnake Gal

Talking It's Official?

I think it's official.

According to the poll, ForumFest II will be held Saturday, September 10th at 3:00 pm at Cate Park in Wolfeboro.

For those who cannot make it on the 10th, name a time a place for another informal gathering.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:15 AM   #77
BroadHopper

Thumbs up I second the motion.....

Forumfest II will be Sept. 10th!
Old 08-17-2005, 08:53 PM   #78
Mee-n-Mac

Question Shibley's this Sat, 8/20/05

Quote:
Possibly next Saturday, this weekend I have the M-in Law up, don't think I can get away. I usually work on weekends, but next Saturday I should be done by noon (I'll be in Moultonborough until noon).
OK then does anyone want to discuss things FFII related (the ostensible reason) this Sat over a brew or 2 at either Shibley's (or JP China in Alton Bay), say 1 pm or so ? If yes then respond here.