Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2018, 02:38 PM   #1
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default Island cleaning services Needed

Island Support Services has just informed us that they no longer are doing cleaning. We appreciate their past service. Some years ago we used Great Northern and they were great, but stopped doing islands. We liked the convenience of calling ISS for a variety of services, and not having to deal with looking for new subcontractors ourselves, when somebody retired or whatever. This is for Welch Island. Prefer somebody who has their own boat as it as often difficult for us to provide week day transportation.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 08:54 PM   #2
MBNeckguy

How much will you be willing to pay for a “cleaner” or whatever with their own boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
MBNeckguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:32 AM   #3
Descant

In the past, the price has varied from $300-$450 depending on the work to be done. This has been for a crew, not an individual. They have cleaned inside and out, cobwebs, etc. wash windows and install screens, sometimes scrub carpets. And more common stuff like dust, vacuum, clean bathrooms and kitchen.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:21 AM   #4
lakershaker

Default Still looking

Bumping this to see if there are any other ideas. We are on Rattlesnake, and a few other neighbors and we are also without the same cleaner.

This sounds like a great opportunity for a high school or college kid up at the lake over the summer with access to a boat. For a regular cleaning, it should only take 3 hours or so, and at least on Rattlesnake there are enough in a small area to get it done in one day. For me, I'd look for once a month hitting the bathrooms and kitchen, vacuuming the house, etc. I did this over summers in high school, and made some great extra money!

Feel free to PM me or post here if interested. Again, between my neighbor and me, we would have one full day a month for you to get some cash!
lakershaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 01:06 PM   #5
Descant

After many calls, my daughter found somebody, I think through HP Island Construction. This is a moonlighter, so I don't know capacity to take on more customers, and I don't have contact info. They came and cleaned and did a good job, due back soon for some extra, but I don't have an invoice yet. Sorry for sketchy information.

I'd love to have somebody from the island (Welch or any other for that matter) to do this kind of work, maybe drive the boat for me, all sorts of stuff. When we spent longer times on island it was easy to keep up. Now that we have reverted to mostly weekends, it's difficult to stay on top of everything.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2018, 02:41 PM   #6
lakershaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
After many calls, my daughter found somebody, I think through HP Island Construction. This is a moonlighter, so I don't know capacity to take on more customers, and I don't have contact info. They came and cleaned and did a good job, due back soon for some extra, but I don't have an invoice yet. Sorry for sketchy information.

I'd love to have somebody from the island (Welch or any other for that matter) to do this kind of work, maybe drive the boat for me, all sorts of stuff. When we spent longer times on island it was easy to keep up. Now that we have reverted to mostly weekends, it's difficult to stay on top of everything.
Great, thanks Descant. If she has the info and it seems like there's capacity, she has my email and can forward. Otherwise, there are a few interested people that have come up from this thread.
lakershaker is offline   Reply With Quote