Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2008, 09:10 PM   #1
vmartino26

Default Dinner at the Lobster Pound

My wife and I had dinner at the LP Thursday night. It was an experience, to say the least. We arrived at 7:45. Were seated at 8:00 p.m. That began a comedy of errors. The drink order was taken promptly, and everything fell apart after that. Atfter our waitress returned with the drinks, she took our order. I had the lobster roll dinner and my wife had the scallop dinner. About a half hour later (yes a half hour) salads arrived at the table. I don't know whether they came with the meal or not. We figured what the heck. After that, another forty-five minutes goes by (yes forty-five minutes) and a waitress from another table brings us some cornbread and rolls. Another twenty or thirty minutes goes by -- my wife and I get up to leave because we've had it, and our dinner miraculously appears! We boxed things up because we were pretty tired of the whole place. One of the owners did apologize profusely, told us dinner was "on the house" and he'd take care of us the next time we came to the restaurant. That probably won't be happening again. When we got back, it was finally time for dinner at 10:00 p.m. The lobster roll was actually okay, but the scallops were dreadful. Two at the most. They were actualy sliced into halves! They're going to make a lot of money there because of the size of the bar, but they have a long long way to go regarding the food. They were trying to blame most of it on the cook, but there were enough things wrong to spread the blame around pretty evenly. The waitress appeared lost. People were waiting for food for long periods of time. A man at another table told us it was his first visit and it would be his last visit. Kind of a sad experience all around. Hopefully things will improve, because they couldn't sink much lower. Hope those of you out there who've either been or are considering going have a better experience than we did.
vmartino26 is offline   Reply With Quote