Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2021, 10:59 AM   #1
baygo

Default What’s a bottle of vodka worth?

Once we decided to move to Laconia , It didn’t take long for Leslie and I to realize we moved into an exceptional community. It’s literally impossible for us not to want to participate in the greater Lakes region Children’s Auction. This year we donated a autographed bottle of our Hand Crafted Dancing Rabbit Vodka. Please consider bidding. Bid by phone 603.527.8028 item number 105508. Or follow the link
https://bids.childrensauction.com/?page=bid16
Thru Dancing Rabbit I hope to one day match the entire auction take.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to baygo For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (12-09-2021)
Old 12-10-2021, 12:28 PM   #2
wentworthwhitbreadIII

Autographed by Ray?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
wentworthwhitbreadIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 01:11 PM   #3
WinnisquamZ

If not, a good reason to stop in

WinnisquamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WinnisquamZ For This Useful Post:
baygo (12-10-2021)
Old 12-10-2021, 02:39 PM   #4
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wentworthwhitbreadIII View Post
Autographed by Ray?

Yes, the bottle is autographed by Ray. It is in a hand made gift bag. Made and autographed by Leslie.

The current bid is testament to how great a community we live in! Thank You!!!
Old 12-10-2021, 06:26 PM   #5
baygo

Default Sold

Very touched. Thank You
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2021, 08:56 AM   #6
fatlazyless

Hey ....... check this out ........ for $9.99 ...... reg price-$12.99..... your friendly NH state liquor store has a 750mL glass bottle of New Amsterdam Pink Whitney Vodka, vodka with pink lemonade mix with 5558-bottles in stock all across their 77-different state-wide stores from Seabrook to Hinsdale to Colebrook. It's great to know you are never far away from a $9.99 bottle of vodka ...... cheers!

Way up north in the 23-miles of Pittsburg NH that is north of the Vermont/Canada border where there's not enough business to support a real state liquor store, small local grocery stores and others will have like a miniature state liquor store within their business ..... is the way they do it, way up north. Here in the Lakes Region, only Tuftonboro has NO state liquor store ...... boo-hoo .....poor Tuftonboro!

Ok, so why would someone pay $2400 for a single bottle of vodka when they can get a bottle of pink vodka for $9.99 ...... like, what's the rest of this story?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 12-12-2021 at 01:00 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 11:28 PM   #7
OpecheeLakeside

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
so why would someone pay $2400 for a single bottle of vodka when they can get a bottle of pink vodka for $9.99
Maybe, when choosing a spirit, price isn't the determining factor? I mean, you can get a hamburger at McDonald's for $1.59 or so but would you choose that over one prepared with care by the staff you know at your favorite restaurant? Or even over one cooked to your own specifications on a backyard grill? But I doubt the buyer actually thought this bottle represented a $2,400 value.

Maybe it was less about the vodka than its source? Maybe the buyer preferred to support a fledgling nano-distillery run by locals with a record of supporting the Laconia community rather than the west cost E. & J. Gallo conglomerate? Is it possible the producer was more important than the product?

Or maybe, just maybe, it wasn't about the vodka at all but rather about the Children's Auction, who were the beneficiaries of the $2,400 purchase of a donated item, and the buyer would have been just as happy with a jar of pickled herring in the knowledge that they were helping the kids?

Good for you for finding a bargain! If "a mix of award-winning New Amsterdam® Vodka and refreshing pink lemonade" is your idea of a quality spirit, then you hustle your fat lazy butt right down to the Liquor & Wine Outlet and stock up. But shame on you for questioning the intentions of those who have the capacity to look beyond the price tag.
OpecheeLakeside is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OpecheeLakeside For This Useful Post:
DBreskin (12-14-2021)
Old 12-13-2021, 09:01 AM   #8
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpecheeLakeside View Post
Maybe, when choosing a spirit, price isn't the determining factor? I mean, you can get a hamburger at McDonald's for $1.59 or so but would you choose that over one prepared with care by the staff you know at your favorite restaurant? Or even over one cooked to your own specifications on a backyard grill? But I doubt the buyer actually thought this bottle represented a $2,400 value.

Maybe it was less about the vodka than its source? Maybe the buyer preferred to support a fledgling nano-distillery run by locals with a record of supporting the Laconia community rather than the west cost E. & J. Gallo conglomerate? Is it possible the producer was more important than the product?

Or maybe, just maybe, it wasn't about the vodka at all but rather about the Children's Auction, who were the beneficiaries of the $2,400 purchase of a donated item, and the buyer would have been just as happy with a jar of pickled herring in the knowledge that they were helping the kids?

Good for you for finding a bargain! If "a mix of award-winning New Amsterdam® Vodka and refreshing pink lemonade" is your idea of a quality spirit, then you hustle your fat lazy butt right down to the Liquor & Wine Outlet and stock up. But shame on you for questioning the intentions of those who have the capacity to look beyond the price tag.
Welcome to the Forum, OpecheeLakeside. A very nice post, but as many of the Forum folks would tell you, FLL makes posts all the time. In most cases, it's just as easy to ignore him.

But as I said, I like your answers. . And again, Welcome.

Dave
OpecheeLakeside (12-13-2021)
Old 12-13-2021, 09:43 AM   #9
WinnisquamZ

Maybe be able to justify a $2400 bottle of vodka for charity. However, the bid below is a head scratcher. $40k for a LCC membership. Your need for a tax write off must be great

Old 12-13-2021, 09:54 AM   #10
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ View Post
Maybe be able to justify a $2400 bottle of vodka for charity. However, the bid below is a head scratcher. $40k for a LCC membership. Your need for a tax write off must be great

Hmmmm, I wish I knew I could write off my Golf Club membership as a deductible personal expense. Oh, what I could have done with that.

Dave
Old 12-13-2021, 10:19 AM   #11
fatlazyless

Am not totally sure on this ..... but you do not get to deduct 100% of your purchase price from your federal income tax as a charitable donation ..... is more like a 30% deduction of what you paid.

https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-publication-526, Charitable Contributions

Last edited by fatlazyless; 12-13-2021 at 11:24 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 11:00 AM   #12
Woodsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ View Post

The $40K bid for the LCC membership came with a GREAT perk.... you skip ahead of the 200+ waiting list! Permanently.

Woodsy
Old 12-13-2021, 11:45 AM   #13
WinnisquamZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
The $40K bid for the LCC membership came with a GREAT perk.... you skip ahead of the 200+ waiting list! Permanently.

Woodsy
That is a great perk. But, I would need that perk in writing

Old 12-13-2021, 11:54 AM   #14
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpecheeLakeside View Post

Welcome to the forum. FYI you have joined a wonderful group of people. As you have already identified, there is a very small minority of exceptions. I look forward to your future contributions.