Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2012, 02:48 AM   #1
fatlazyless

Default ...turning water back on?

Anyone else thinking about turning their water back on, over this weekend, for the entire summer season, what with the temperature predictions for the next two weeks? March 16 seems like it should be winter, and thinking snowfall.......say hey.......March is usually a big snowfall month around here........ but here I am thinking seriously on starting up the pump and filling the water system back up to 50-lbs pressure! Last September, I went and bought a brand new snow-blower and never even started it up once for the entire winter.....but this is getting off-topic so I'll let this topic slide.

With the high price of propane and my incredibly heat leaky cottage I decided it was just too expensive to be heating it all this winter.....probably a function of my old age or something.....you know.....supposedly one gets smarter as they get older........anyway.....how much can go wrong if I restart the water system and get it up to speed ........WOW.....a real flush toilet.....what a concept! With just one bathroom, it takes all of one gallon of rv antifreeze to winterize the cottage....but still ....seems like a wacky idea.....water pressure on March 16.....think I'll probably go for it and restart the water pump.....I been missing listening to that thing energize back up to 50-lbs......the pump and tank are right in the kitchen....directly next to the refrigerator......ho-hum!

March 16........water pressure.....is this wacky weather crazy or what?
Old 03-16-2012, 05:47 AM   #2
Blue Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Anyone else thinking about turning their water back on, over this weekend, for the entire summer season, what with the temperature predictions for the next two weeks? March 16 seems like it should be winter, and thinking snowfall.......say hey.......March is usually a big snowfall month around here........ but here I am thinking seriously on starting up the pump and filling the water system back up to 50-lbs pressure! Last September, I went and bought a brand new snow-blower and never even started it up once for the entire winter.....but this is getting off-topic so I'll let this topic slide.

With the high price of propane and my incredibly heat leaky cottage I decided it was just too expensive to be heating it all this winter.....probably a function of my old age or something.....you know.....supposedly one gets smarter as they get older........anyway.....how much can go wrong if I restart the water system and get it up to speed ........WOW.....a real flush toilet.....what a concept! With just one bathroom, it takes all of one gallon of rv antifreeze to winterize the cottage....but still ....seems like a wacky idea.....water pressure on March 16.....think I'll probably go for it and restart the water pump.....I been missing listening to that thing energize back up to 50-lbs......the pump and tank are right in the kitchen....directly next to the refrigerator......ho-hum!

March 16........water pressure.....is this wacky weather crazy or what?
Hey FLL....I think it's time for your meds.... In any other year I would say don't do it but this year is definitely different. The type of penetrating cold that freezes pipes INSIDE a structure is past. It all depends on your situation such as, do you have any exposed pipes under your cottage that aren't insulated or don't have heat tape, etc. We can still have below freezing nights that would easily freeze an exterior exposed pipe. If you don't have any of that and you are considering firing up the heat, why not leave it set at 45-50 or so. I made the trip out to my place on Sebago yesterday in the trusty 14 ft aluminum. With no ice I hadn't been there since December. I was pleasantly surprised to find the inside temp at 42 degrees. There is no frost in the ground and very little snow.
To answer your question..I say go for it.

BT
Old 03-16-2012, 07:53 AM   #3
Steveo

Default Wait for the ice to go

You should really wait for all the ice to go and the lake to get up to about 50 degrees or above. That way the water acts as a heat source to those cold night below freezing. The air temperature around the waters edge will be about 10 degrees warmer than inland during short periods of freezing weather.

Worst case is that the pipes (and pump) might freeze up but won't get so cold to do damage. Just have to wait for them to thaw before you can flush.
Steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:43 AM   #4
Island Girl

Default 40

We usually turn the water on at ice out and the lake temp is about 40... never had a freeze after that.

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #5
SAB1

I wouldn't change it. Way to early. 4/1 is the ealiest I ever do it but like above it depends on how your system works and if you want to leave the heat on. My line is exposed under under the camp from where it comes out of the ground under the camp to the other side. To risky for 3/16. Once the ice is out, the lake helps keeps things warmer. Next weeks weather looks warm but in a normal year it could still dip down below 20 many nites. Your call but I would wait. I cant solder for a darn anyway.
SAB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #6
dpg

You've been living in your place all winter without running water?????
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dpg For This Useful Post:
LIforrelaxin (03-21-2012)
Old 03-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #7
Plumberswife

You can do it now, thats fine, temps wont be cold enough for long enough to be a problem "this" year!!! lol, lol
Old 03-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #8
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
You've been living in your place all winter without running water?????
I was wondering the same thing!!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #9
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

If you are consistently using the system I would think going ahead at this point is probably a reasonable consideration. For people only using there places on the weekend on the other hand, I would consider waiting at least until the ice is out.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #10
Bear Island South

We did it in 2010, opened the camp on 3/24 and never had any issues and we only use our place on the weekends.
Bear Island South is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bear Island South For This Useful Post:
Bear247 (03-21-2012)
Old 03-21-2012, 11:17 PM   #11
trfour

Smile One Must Remember That

FLL has an above average tolerance, and showers during thunder storms 'Only'! ... Heck, even his tennis rackets tell him to 'Get the puck out'ahere! He's like Bigfoot, and a bear, fresh out from their den!

Only kidding FLL, you know how much we love you!

Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #12
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
You should really wait for all the ice to go and the lake to get up to about 50 degrees or above. That way the water acts as a heat source to those cold night below freezing. The air temperature around the waters edge will be about 10 degrees warmer than inland during short periods of freezing weather.

Worst case is that the pipes (and pump) might freeze up but won't get so cold to do damage. Just have to wait for them to thaw before you can flush.
Waiting for the lake to hit 50 degrees is being a bit over cautious. Based on last years figures that would mean you would not turn your water on until around May 9th (http://www.winnipesaukee.com/tempcal/index.cgi).

We always turn ours on so that we can stay out the first weekend after ice-out, which is as soon as ISS can get out to do it. Ours will probably go on tomorrow provided they have time to get to it. Never had a problem in the last 6 years of being there.
codeman671 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:10 AM   #13
Merrymeeting

For 12+ years, we've opened up on Patriot's Day weekend (mid-April). We've never had a problem, even in years when ice-out has not yet occurred and nights have gone below freezing, and had pipes exposed under the house.

Given this years weather, I think it's safe to open any time now.
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:10 PM   #14
ishoot308

Thanked 4,936 Times in 1,912 Posts

Steve from I.S.S. turned my water on today at the camp. He said absolutely no issue...

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #15
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Steve from I.S.S. turned my water on today at the camp. He said absolutely no issue...

Dan
Great, that means he was probably hitting mine too. I was on the short list for early season maniacs.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #16
Happy Gourmand

Default Water

Will be turned on tomorrow...in Meredith.
Hopefully, no leaks!
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #17
SAB1

Ok. I held back and didnt turn on the water. I am ready to flip the switch but held back figuring the black plastic pipe under the camp could potentially freeze. It just seems a bit early so for all you folks that went for it, if you dont mind, post your results over the next 2 weeks if your basically a weekend user in a seasonal camp and let us know if you had any breaks. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #18
Belmont Resident

Default better off

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB1 View Post
Ok. I held back and didnt turn on the water. I am ready to flip the switch but held back figuring the black plastic pipe under the camp could potentially freeze. It just seems a bit early so for all you folks that went for it, if you dont mind, post your results over the next 2 weeks if your basically a weekend user in a seasonal camp and let us know if you had any breaks. Thanks.
It is going to be down into the teens for over night lows this week.
Or as they said on the news, plant killing weather.
Looks like late winter early spring weather returns for a couple of weeks anyways.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:11 PM   #19
Happy Gourmand

Default Ugh..

Went up on Saturday with the intention of opening things up.
For the first time, had 2 pipes burst and the sprayer nozzle on the kitchen sing blew. Though I drained everything like I always have, I obviously didn't drain everything well enough!
Old 03-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #20
Belmont Resident

Default that stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand View Post
Went up on Saturday with the intention of opening things up.
For the first time, had 2 pipes burst and the sprayer nozzle on the kitchen sing blew. Though I drained everything like I always have, I obviously didn't drain everything well enough!
We had a time when there was a bit of water in the K-1 line that froze at an elbow. Furnace shut off and we had all kinds of problems. Make sure you check the toilet. I thought ours was ok but found it broken inside at the s-trap. Next camp is going to have all plastic tubing.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #21
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,053 Times in 496 Posts

Quote:
Turned mine on last week... and just got back from the cottage, (lucky it's only 6 miles from the house..) after turning all the faucets, inside and out, to a trickle. Turned the heat on to 50.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #22
ishoot308

Default Anchorage Alaska Maybe

What weather forecast are you all reading?? I see nothing in the teens for the next 10 days??... http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...rd+NH+USNH0261 The coldest night being tonight with a low of 20 and highs during the day in the mid 40's. By the weekend temps will again be near 50 on Saturday and near 60 on Sunday...

Am I missing something??
Old 03-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #23
Resident 2B

Quote:
What weather forecast are you all reading?? I see nothing in the teens for the next 10 days??... http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...rd+NH+USNH0261 The coldest night being tonight with a low of 20 and highs during the day in the mid 40's. By the weekend temps will again be near 50 on Saturday and near 60 on Sunday...

Am I missing something??
Here is the NWS forecast for Alton:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...&FcstType=text

Low of 18 tonight. The dew point is low at 9 degrees right now, but as long as the wind keeps blowing, and it will, the temperature will not get down that low. However, upper teens is a good forecast for tonight's low. The lake is at 40 degrees, so if the wind is off the water and you are close to the water, it will be a lot warmer, but for most it should get below 20.

Gets a bit warmer each night after that!

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Resident 2B For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (03-26-2012)
Old 03-26-2012, 09:25 PM   #24
secondcurve

Quote:

Dan
Let us know if he was right. It should be close.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:36 AM   #25
fatlazyless

"Water pipe Prayer"

.. 6:26-am, Tuesday, March 27, and the WeirsCam says it is 22-degrees. Here in Waterville Valley, my thermometer says it is 17-degrees..........ouchey-ouch-ouch......took the precaution yesterday to drain out the 40-gal pressure tank and open all the faucets, and put rv antifreeze in the bathtub drain trap that is under the cottage.......please........all Forum Members.......come together and pray for my poor, helpless, poverty-struck lil' water pipes! Oh lordy, lordy, lord.....please do not let it freeze up and get all cracked up in some totally inaccessible spot inside a wall somewhere! .......brothers and sisters......down & out......from that poor Walmart side of the lake .....let us all come together and pray for my poor 1/2" external diameter, copper water pipes..........amen! ..

Whatever you do, do not call a plumber.....just go get about 25-dollars worth of propane torch, soldier,flux, wire brush and tiny tubing cutter and fix-it-yourself!

Licensed plumber price - $400

Do-it-yourself price - $40

And, it's not all that difficult to make the fix.

Think I'll go take a walk.....watch the sun come up......and enjoy what could be the last blast of winter.........yeeeehawwwwwww!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 07:04 AM   #26
fpartri497

Default Fll

It finally happened he went over the edge

Old 03-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #27
Mink Islander

Default Drained the system

My daughter and I made a special trip last night to drain the water. Should have done that on Sunday, but missed the weather forecast. Meredith was 22 degrees this morning. Mink was 30 degrees and falling at 8 last night. I think high winds defeat any lake effect benefit and a hard freeze like this would lead to certain disaster. Why take chances.
Mink Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #28
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
He has heat tape and is well set up for it, Dan will be fine.

I talked to ISS yesterday on ours, he is going to hold off until the end of the week. If we decide not to head out this weekend I will probably postpone it until next week. No need to have it on if we aren't coming up.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #29
ishoot308

Quote:
The majority of my pex lines are well contained underneath the floor of the camp. The floor and pex plines are completely insulated. The underside of the camp is also closed off with 1/4" ply sheeting. I have one exposed pex line that goes to my exterior hose connection. I don't think the cold lasted long enough to do any damage though. On cold nights such as last night, it's always warmer on the island due to the lake water being warmer. The inside of the camp always stays warm so I have no concerns there... It should be O.K.... I hope!!

For you plumbers out there, does pex resist freezing better than copper??

Dan
Old 03-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #30
codeman671

Quote:

Dan
I am no plumber, but PEX is superior to copper in cold weather applications. PEX insulates and hold water temp better, whereas copper does not hold heat. For instance, a pex hot water line to a sink will provide hot faster than copper as the water heats up the copper as it is providing water to the faucet.

The flexibility in the pipe helps in freezing situations as the pipe can adapt to ice buildup.

PEX cannot be used in direct sunlight and is not critter-proof.
The Following User Says Thank You to codeman671 For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (03-27-2012)
Old 03-27-2012, 08:57 AM   #31
ishoot308

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
He has heat tape and is well set up for it, Dan will be fine.
This is true, BUT when I called Steve he said it was not necessary to turn the tape on so I didn't!!

I think I will send him over to check on things...

Dan
Old 03-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #32
jmen24

Quote:

Dan
No plumber, but we had a customer a few years back that left for a month and realized while on vacation that she should not have turned the house heating system off (hot air). She was thinking that by turning off the furnace that she was saving and the protect of water leaking was handled by turning the main water line off at the well inlet.

Anyway, she called frantic for us to go over to the house (full finished 3 story house, everyday style) and check the pipes to make sure no issues. Walked in to a house that was more frozen than I have ever seen a house, every trap blown out, toilets cracked, a complete mess. Let me tell you what made me a believer in pex was that house. All the feed lines that were frozen solid did not even drip as we brought the house up to temperature and repaired the other issues. The pex seemed to take the expansion and relieved the fittings and fixtures.

Two things that you need to remember when dealing with frozen pipes and that if handled differently could have caused a different outcome in the house above.

1. We worked in that house all day, while the heat was running and we did not open the main water line (pressurizing the system) until the house had maintained temp for a few hours.

2. All areas that do not get good heat (cabinets, floors, etc) had a small ceramic heater and a fan moving warm air around them.

In my experience with blown out pipes, it is typically the pressure of the water behind the blockage that causes the most damage and weakens the pipe causing it to burst. The second common issue is applying direct heat (torch) to a frozen line (typically heating loop lines) that create other issues during warm up. If at all possible, smooth and steady warming is best.

So in my non-plumber opinion Dan, Pex is far better than copper at dealing with freeze issues. Just remember, even in the most simple pex installs, there are copper or brass fittings somewhere and those are what you want to pay attention to as they constrict the inside diameter and are flash freeze points being metal.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jmen24 For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (03-27-2012)
Old 03-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #33
Happy Gourmand

Default pex

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
I am no plumber, but PEX is superior to copper in cold weather applications. PEX insulates and hold water temp better, whereas copper does not hold heat. For instance, a pex hot water line to a sink will provide hot faster than copper as the water heats up the copper as it is providing water to the faucet.

The flexibility in the pipe helps in freezing situations as the pipe can adapt to ice buildup.

PEX cannot be used in direct sunlight and is not critter-proof.
Does this mean that some critters actually like to nibble on this stuff?
Old 03-27-2012, 04:35 PM   #34
Belmont Resident

Default I've never heard of it

Quote:
I've worked with many plumbers who us the stuff and I've never heard of critters causing any damage. Has anyone heard first hand that this is true?
Old 03-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #35
ishoot308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
I've worked with many plumbers who us the stuff and I've never heard of critters causing any damage. Has anyone heard first hand that this is true?
First hit on google brings this up... http://www.plbg.com/forum/read.php?1,336618

Looks like Codeman was correct!

Dan
Old 03-28-2012, 05:39 AM   #36
fatlazyless

...looking at the www.noaa.gov weather forcast for 03253, it looks like last night was the last real worry looking ahead......just thought nhow I should have flushed the toilet and filled it w/ rv antifreeze....which probably doesn't do anything good for the septic.....but what the hey....not-so-funny how I never thought of that item at the time......duh!.........anyway......hopefully ....will not be replacing the toilet today......keep'n my fingers crossed.....
Old 03-28-2012, 06:54 AM   #37
Belmont Resident

Default not so FLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
...looking at the www.noaa.gov weather forcast for 03253, it looks like last night was the last real worry looking ahead......just thought nhow I should have flushed the toilet and filled it w/ rv antifreeze....which probably doesn't do anything good for the septic.....but what the hey....not-so-funny how I never thought of that item at the time......duh!.........anyway......hopefully ....will not be replacing the toilet today......keep'n my fingers crossed.....
The pink stuff is safe even to drink. Would I, no, but it is safe for drinking water systems which would make it safe for septic systems.
Good luck with your pipes.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:24 AM   #38
ishoot308

Default All Set!

Quote:
Steve went out and checked on my camp today and all was well. Even my fully exposed pex lines did not freeze.

Hope everyone else had no issues.

Dan
Old 03-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #39
Belmont Resident

Default just happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmen24 View Post
No plumber, but we had a customer a few years back that left for a month and realized while on vacation that she should not have turned the house heating system off (hot air). She was thinking that by turning off the furnace that she was saving and the protect of water leaking was handled by turning the main water line off at the well inlet.

Anyway, she called frantic for us to go over to the house (full finished 3 story house, everyday style) and check the pipes to make sure no issues. Walked in to a house that was more frozen than I have ever seen a house, every trap blown out, toilets cracked, a complete mess. Let me tell you what made me a believer in pex was that house. All the feed lines that were frozen solid did not even drip as we brought the house up to temperature and repaired the other issues. The pex seemed to take the expansion and relieved the fittings and fixtures.

Two things that you need to remember when dealing with frozen pipes and that if handled differently could have caused a different outcome in the house above.

1. We worked in that house all day, while the heat was running and we did not open the main water line (pressurizing the system) until the house had maintained temp for a few hours.

2. All areas that do not get good heat (cabinets, floors, etc) had a small ceramic heater and a fan moving warm air around them.

In my experience with blown out pipes, it is typically the pressure of the water behind the blockage that causes the most damage and weakens the pipe causing it to burst. The second common issue is applying direct heat (torch) to a frozen line (typically heating loop lines) that create other issues during warm up. If at all possible, smooth and steady warming is best.

So in my non-plumber opinion Dan, Pex is far better than copper at dealing with freeze issues. Just remember, even in the most simple pex installs, there are copper or brass fittings somewhere and those are what you want to pay attention to as they constrict the inside diameter and are flash freeze points being metal.
My sister in law was out of town for a month this past winter when we had our one and only cold snap. One of her doors that had not been completely shut blew open because of high winds. Furnace ran until out of fuel, then the whole house froze, solid.
Short version, over 70K in damages. The biggest cost was due to radiant heat in all the floors which was all pex and at some point burst.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #40
codeman671

Quote:
It doesn't mean they like to chew on it, but they could if they wanted to. It is still a flexible material. No mouse around is going to chew through copper.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #41
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
My sister in law was out of town for a month this past winter when we had our one and only cold snap. One of her doors that had not been completely shut blew open because of high winds. Furnace ran until out of fuel, then the whole house froze, solid.
Short version, over 70K in damages. The biggest cost was due to radiant heat in all the floors which was all pex and at some point burst.
I believe it, the only saving grace for our client was that she shut the water off and it did not have any pressure behind the blockages. Creates an entirely different mess when the water can run.

We had a similar situation for a customer on Tenney Mountain, except it was the washing machine valve that blew on the second floor and it ran for a few days during the summer. Into 6 figures for repair and replacement of furniture.

I don't always turn the main off when going away, but I always close my washer valve!

The pressure coming out of the valve actually took the sheetrock off the walls and ceiling in the laundry closet which backed up to two bathrooms and two different bedroom walls, which also got stripped. Absolutely unbelievable to see and that was just on the second floor. Everything was gutted from the attic insulation to the crawl space.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jmen24 For This Useful Post:
Belmont Resident (03-29-2012)
Old 03-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #42
Belmont Resident

Default Could not believe the mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmen24 View Post
I believe it, the only saving grace for our client was that she shut the water off and it did not have any pressure behind the blockages. Creates an entirely different mess when the water can run.

We had a similar situation for a customer on Tenney Mountain, except it was the washing machine valve that blew on the second floor and it ran for a few days during the summer. Into 6 figures for repair and replacement of furniture.

I don't always turn the main off when going away, but I always close my washer valve!

The pressure coming out of the valve actually took the sheetrock off the walls and ceiling in the laundry closet which backed up to two bathrooms and two different bedroom walls, which also got stripped. Absolutely unbelievable to see and that was just on the second floor. Everything was gutted from the attic insulation to the crawl space.
Fortunately no furniture was destroyed but all the hardwood floors were buckled, some 12” high. Kitchen and bathrooms both had ceramic tiles that will need to be replaced, as mentioned all radiant heating throughout the house and it all burst. The water caused a good portion of the kitchen ceiling to drop.
It is somewhere in the order of a 400K house located just north of Freeport Maine. Anyways it will be a good size paint job for me, but the contractor doing the work wasn’t very happy when my sister in law told him she had a painter in the family but what can you do.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #43
SAB1

Temps next week are looking good, no one reported problems so I am going to turn it on tonite when I get up there.
The Following User Says Thank You to SAB1 For This Useful Post:
Belmont Resident (03-31-2012)
Old 03-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #44
Bear Island South

I'll let you know tomorrow, we put ours in last Friday and haven't been there since Sunday.

Sent from my Mobile using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2012, 04:42 AM   #45
Belmont Resident

Default I noticed that too

Quote:
Temps next week are looking good, no one reported problems so I am going to turn it on tonite when I get up there.
Yesterday was my first day back to work since last Thursday. I've been working on a staining 1000sqft deck. Now I've got to work all weekend or at least part of it, to make up for lost time.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #46
Bear Island South

No issues at our place, the camp was a balmy 39 degrees inside when we arrived yesterday.