Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2016, 04:18 PM   #1
Rich

Default Navionics chart updates - freshest data for Raymarine Classic MFD

For anyone that has an older Raymarine C80 or C120 chart plotter, but you have updated your chip using the Navionics freshest data, you may find that your chart plotter doesn't seem to work with the latest update(s) from Navionics.

Here's what I found and with the help of Navionics it's working again.

1) Be sure you are using the latest firmware on your C80 Classic, or C120 Classic, which currently is version 5.16

2) After updating your chart chip using the Navionics 'freshest data' using their online app, you must manually remove all files that end in .BP2 (delete *.BP2).

Note, from what I understand, Navionics uses Bizer data (or did at one time) for the lake. I'm not sure if this was a one time thing, so I don't know if Navionics continues to get data updates from Bizer.

I'm very happy with the Navionics chart data on my older C80 Classic MFD.

I Hope this helps someone and saves you some time and a headache. It took me a few weeks to figure this out, after a recent update my C80 stopped working and was hanging and rebooting, turns out it was the latest Navionics update. They were helpful and very quick to help me resolve this issue.