Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
woodynh

Default AT&T Or Verizon

I live in Moultonboro and have had Verizon for years because they had better coverage up here. I have an AT&T phone for work and with the added towers the last couple years the coverage in Moultonboro seems to be about the same as Verizon.

Curious if anybody has any complaints with the AT&T service in this region or north of here compared to Verizon. From what I have seen they are pretty equal in coverage in the area.

Reason for switching is no activation fee with AT&T with the company discount I get and Verizon wants to charge me $30 a phone upgrade fee. Really I have been a loyal customer for 10 years. That fee just kind of rubs me the wrong way. I can get iphone 5's for $149.99 with AT&T versus $199.99 from Verizon with my company plan and it will be about $10 a month less.

It is a savings but not huge but if they are equal why not try AT&T is my thought but looking for input from others as to if this would be a mistake and something I regret.
woodynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #2
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Customer service

Customer service can vary from customer to customer, some having great service with a company and others having lousy service.

That being said, I was with AT&T for over 10 years, with a customer discount because the retailer I worked for sold ATT service and phones. They were after me for over three years to upgrade, at least one mailing per month, from my old reliable analog Nokia phone. Finally, they told me that I would not be able to use my phone after xx-xx-xx date. So, I called the number referenced in the letter, to upgrade to a new phone.

My retailer was in Rochester NH, I lived in Alton Bay. Nothing changed from the time I was signed up by the ATT rep to the day I made the call. The Customer Service Rep, after asking me for my cell # and looking up my account, asked how she could help me. I told her about the letter and said I guess I need to upgrade. She agreed, looked at my zip code, and said unfortunately you do not qualify for service with ATT, you do not live in our service area. I explained how I came to get service, and that nothing had changed, and she said it did not matter. Not wanting to shoot the messenger, who was actually very nice, so I asked to speak to a supervisor. I finally got one, who could have taken a lesson from his subordinate, and told me flatly that there was no way to get coverage with ATT unless I moved to an area they covered.

That is how I got onto Verizon. No problems at all with Verizon customer service. No problems with service north of the Lakes Region.

I guess my feeling is that ATT is a better deal financially, if the package rates are the same, and coverage is the same, then go with ATT. I just hope that if you need customer service, you have better luck than I did.

Good luck which ever way you go.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #3
nhboat61

In the area of Wakefield were we are:

wife and myself have verizon - 100% coverage. He have a hot spot as well thru verizon, always have internet.

The kids have AT&T - little or no service. The kids have to take one of our phones with them when they go fishing in the event of an emergency.

As for the cost, well, yes we pay a little more with versizon, but I'd rather be able to call 911 then worry about a few bucks.
nhboat61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #4
Chaselady

We spend the summer on an island in Tuftonboro. We have great service with Verizon. We have several friends who come to visit, and they can't make or get calls with their AT&T phones. I don't care what kind of better "deals" AT&T offers. If you can't use your phone it's no bargain.
Chaselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #5
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaselady View Post
We spend the summer on an island in Tuftonboro. We have great service with Verizon. We have several friends who come to visit, and they can't make or get calls with their AT&T phones. I don't care what kind of better "deals" AT&T offers. If you can't use your phone it's no bargain.
We have the same experience in Tuftonboro. My wife's AT&T phone through work is useless but my Verizon phone works quite well. I'd go with Verizon if it were me.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
tis

Thanked 1,379 Times in 955 Posts

We find the same thing. Everyone who comes to visit that has ATT gets bad reception. With Verizon, we get it most everywhere except on the Alton Road. (Rte. 28 between Alton and Wolfeboro.)
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #7
Belmont Resident

Default Verizon

Love the coverage hate the customer service.
I'm hearing of more and more switching to US cellular. One of my son's switched and he likes them better.
I had them for years then switched to Verizon for coverage. Next time I'm up for a upgrade I'm going to seriously compare the two.
US cellular always had great customer service, something I've always hated about Verizon. They just don't seem to care one way or another. My .02
Old 02-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #8
Newbiesaukee

We are on Long Island five months of the year, no problems with Verizon, no complaints with service. Guests' AT&T works only very intermittently.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #9
songkrai

My Tracfone has Verizon as the carrier.
No issues with coverage.
songkrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:57 AM   #10
modio

You can get the $30 upgrade fee refunded if you call and complain. It rubbed me the wrong way too, so I called before buying the new phones and said I wasn't going to upgrade jut to pay them $30 to sign a contract promising to pay them for two more years! They agreed to refund it once my new phone was activated, I went to best buy mobile and got my IPhone for $50 less than Verizon and am very happy!!
modio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:00 AM   #11
modio

And I have great coverage everywhere in NH!
modio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:57 AM   #12
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default CDMA service

Any phone with CDMA service as great coverage in NH. SPRINT, VERIZON to name the top two have the same coverage with roaming on. Sprint, if you ask for it will give you free roaming. Maybe someone can tell us about the other services.

AT&T is GSM. GSM service is very spotty as you travel away from the interstate and North of Concord.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:39 AM   #13
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

I agree AT&T does NOT have the same coverage, and I also agree the squeaky wheel gets the grease. If you don't complain you don't get anything. It is the same with cable, DirecTv, etc....Even when I go to Sears I will ask if that is the price they can do. The most they can do is say no and I got to another store.
Last week I went to Home Depot and wanted to get a deal on a new Fridge for the house. I asked if that was the best price and then said quickly..."Don't make me go to Lowe's". I got an extra 10% off.....
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #14
Grant

Had Verizon for years, and it always worked wonderfully in the Lakes Region. My office moved locations, and the building was a complete Verizon dead zone, so I switched to Cingular (now AT&T). Coverage in the Lakes Region was abysmal in 99% of locations north of, say, Concord, and has gotten marginally better over the past 8 years. Eastern side of the Lake & into Moultonboro -- spotty. So I'd say Verizon, which in 2004 had superior coverage to AT&T in 2013.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #15
WakeboardMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by modio View Post
You can get the $30 upgrade fee refunded if you call and complain. It rubbed me the wrong way too, so I called before buying the new phones and said I wasn't going to upgrade jut to pay them $30 to sign a contract promising to pay them for two more years! They agreed to refund it once my new phone was activated, I went to best buy mobile and got my IPhone for $50 less than Verizon and am very happy!!
Thanks for that tip! I went to two different Verizon stores for my husband's "upgrade" and complained both time to no avail. I should've known to call. Any time we've done anything via phone, they've waived any surcharges (they used to charge $10 to swap numbers) because we've been with Verizon since the mid 90's.

I'm glad to see the posts in this thread. I have been contemplating leaving Verizon, but will probably hang in for a while. They have the coverage we need.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #16
Merrymeeting

We've had AT&T for years. Based on feedback from friends, I agree with all the prior posts that Verizon has better coverage in the Lakes Region.

We have been happy with AT&T once outside the area. Given we live in a dead zone where neither works, it doesn't really make a difference for us. When at home, we use a micro-tower.

I am hoping and assuming that the new cell tower finally coming to Alton will make a difference.
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #17
BroadHopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeboardMom View Post
Thanks for that tip! I went to two different Verizon stores for my husband's "upgrade" and complained both time to no avail. I should've known to call. Any time we've done anything via phone, they've waived any surcharges (they used to charge $10 to swap numbers) because we've been with Verizon since the mid 90's.

I'm glad to see the posts in this thread. I have been contemplating leaving Verizon, but will probably hang in for a while. They have the coverage we need.
It depends on the store, if it is a company store, BJ's in Tilton or Verizon Wireless in Nashua, they will match Best Buy or any competitors prices providing you renew your two year contract. Rezound was advertised for $49 at BestBuy and Verizon Wireless was $199. I got it for $49. Within a week Verizon Wireless website advertised the Rezound at no cost. I went back to the store and they refunded my money. As someone says 'You have to ask!'.

I don't have luck with the francises. =(
Old 02-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #18
wifi

Default US Cellular

US Cellular partners with Verizon, meaning, if you can't get a US tower, it will roam to Verizon. That is, if you can't receive a US signal at all, you will go Verizon, the key is "at all", but you will never be without signal anywhere US or Verizon works. I'm very happy with US, great plans, ALL incoming is free (voice/pictures/text/media) and that includes roaming within Verizon territory.
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #19
Irrigation Guy

Woody, If you're the woody in know from snowmobiling you may want to know that there are a few places in Pittsburg with Verizon Cell phone extenders. AT&T won't work. you may know me as ZR1000.
Irrigation Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #20
Den65

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Any phone with CDMA service as great coverage in NH. SPRINT, VERIZON to name the top two have the same coverage with roaming on. Sprint, if you ask for it will give you free roaming. Maybe someone can tell us about the other services.

AT&T is GSM. GSM service is very spotty as you travel away from the interstate and North of Concord.

Just wanted to correct this statement At&t is GSM and UMTS (3g) at all sites that are located in NH.
Den65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:48 PM   #21
patman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhboat61 View Post
As for the cost, well, yes we pay a little more with versizon, but I'd rather be able to call 911 then worry about a few bucks.
FWIW...all cellphones are able to call 911...even if there is no contract on the phone and it's not registered to anyone. FCC regulations. Pick up a phone for the carrier of your choice at a yardsale for a couple of bucks and you can use it to call 911 in an emergency (assuming the battery still works...)

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/wireless-911-services

As far as coverage...verizon does a good job up here, I have had visitors with other providers that did not get a good signal. A lot depends on the phone too. My last phone was an LG versa (?), and I got a solid 3 bar signal in the basement. Now I have an iPhone, and I have to be in the front yard with the wind blowing in the right direction to make a call.
patman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #22
WakeboardMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
It depends on the store, if it is a company store, BJ's in Tilton or Verizon Wireless in Nashua, they will match Best Buy or any competitors prices providing you renew your two year contract. Rezound was advertised for $49 at BestBuy and Verizon Wireless was $199. I got it for $49. Within a week Verizon Wireless website advertised the Rezound at no cost. I went back to the store and they refunded my money. As someone says 'You have to ask!'.

I don't have luck with the francises. =(
I have generally found the company stores to be very customer-service oriented. The charge I was specifically referring to was the $30 for upgrading your phone, even if you are eligible for and choose the "free" phone.

I argued with the rep because they called it an "upgrade," but my husband was going from a droid with 4-g coverage to an iPhone 4s with only 3-g. It didn't matter. We got socked with the $30 fee and apparently will have to pay it each time we want to take advantage of what used to be known as "New Every Two." : (
Old 02-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #23
BroadHopper

Default New every two

I was told that they have cancel the 'new every two' contract, but they are honoring existing ones. I upgraded on my 'new every two' existing contract and waived the $30 upgrade fee. My next upgrade will cost me $30.

I'm sure if Verizon wants to be competitive, they may change policies in the future, so I am hoping my next upgrade will be free.

I did sign up for a program that will cover the phone 100% even if I drop it in the lake or lose it. Basically I can 'lose' my phone before the two years is up and they will replace it with a compatible phone. I think it was only $99 and it include a car charger, 'skin' and screen protector.
WakeboardMom (02-05-2013)
Old 02-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #24
phoenix

i think the new every two is now new every 20 months
Old 02-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #25
no-engine

Default Cell service

I hesitated so much, but having had VZW for dozen or so years, 3-4 years ago, I wanted iPhone for many reasons. AT&T was exclusive. I gambled that signals for telephone would improve, and they have. I am still with AT&T but now have iPhone 4S.
I have watched signal bars as I drive around Lake. Alton to Gilford is not good, but elsewhere, signals are decent. Meredith - Laconia is fine. Center Harbor areas are spotty. Wolfeboro is good. Towers are top of Belknap Mountain and inside the lighthouse up on Meredith Bay Community, making for better service at northern areas.

As another post said the phones are different based on carrier. The adds are correct: AT&T iPhone allows talk and internet at same time; not true with a Verizon iPhone. Different technology.

I discovered that AT&T offers 10% discount off the data plan for any current or former military; must fax off your DD form. Helps me!

Some carrier stores offer money back in a certain time limit for you to try. Take advantage. Either carrier will have different dead spots....
no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:10 AM   #26
Kamper

My employer gets most of their cell phones through AT&T but we still get a discount from Verizon for personal phones. Check your company's employee web page or ask Verizon.

Good luck!
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #27
This'nThat

Default The AT&T Microcell

Where will you be using your AT&T phone the most? Have you heard of the AT&T Microcell device (http://www.att.com/standalone/3gmicr...id=cqGOqkFV1Fz)? Just plug it into your cable modem or router, and it will provide a great cell phone signal across an area ~5000sf. This allows you to use your cell phone at home, at your office, or whereever you place the device.

Like others around the lake, I have no cell phone service at my house. The Microcell has been great. I set it up in a corner, and it covers the whole house, upstairs - downstairs - every room - and the porch. I recommend you look into it.
This'nThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #28
TheProfessor

Just a note for any US veterans out there.

Both Verizon and AT&T provide a 15% discount on phones and monthly bill.

One has to go to a company store - not a franchise or satellite store - with DD214 or military ID card. The veteran has to have account - not the spouse.

Even if in middle of 2 year contract - you can have bill lowered 15% by visiting any company store if active military or US veteran.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #29
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Verizon has one too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by This'nThat View Post
Where will you be using your AT&T phone the most? Have you heard of the AT&T Microcell device (http://www.att.com/standalone/3gmicr...id=cqGOqkFV1Fz)? Just plug it into your cable modem or router, and it will provide a great cell phone signal across an area ~5000sf. This allows you to use your cell phone at home, at your office, or whereever you place the device.

Like others around the lake, I have no cell phone service at my house. The Microcell has been great. I set it up in a corner, and it covers the whole house, upstairs - downstairs - every room - and the porch. I recommend you look into it.
Verizon has one as well, I believe they call theirs a range extender. It sounds wonderful and sounds like a lot of range, but 5000 sq ft is only a 40 ft radius. I borrowed one before I spent the roughly $250 get one myself. I have a porch on the side of my detached garage, and it is about 50-55 ft from where I had the unit...no increase in coverage.

My house started off as a 40x8 trailer with a 22x8 porch, and now is a 10 room house with the trailer in the middle. All that metal also knocks down the signal toward the back of the house.

Bottom line, it worked well within 40 ft of the unit, and with no massive walls or metallic shield in the way. For us, not worth the money. I am hoping they get the new tower in Alton Bay up this spring...it should boom right down to my house across the bay from the site.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #30
NH_boater

I have great coverage all over with Verizon, except my lakehouse on 28. I have a Verizon microcell ($99) that covers data and voice beautifully.
NH_boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #31
dogma

Default Verizon in Wolfeboro/Alton

We have Verizon but get terrible coverage South Wolfeboro and 28 through Alton. Looking to buy new home in Alton but need the cell coverage.. any ideas?
dogma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #32
woodynh

Default Republic Wireless

Thanks for all the responses. I did a lot of research and have gone in a totally different direction. I found this company out of North Carolina called Republic Wireless and they do a hybrid service. If you can get a wireless signal then it makes calls from that and if not then it uses Sprint which is CDMA and will also works off the Verizon towers. The best part is it is unlimited phone text and data for $19 a month. There is currently only one choice for a phone which is a Motorola Defy XT and costs $250 but so far so good.

My daughter has been testing out our first phone and so far anywhere her current Verizon phone is the Republic Wireless phone has had the same signal and we live in Moultonborough. I plan on switching my wife and other daughter over to them next week and we will have 3 smartphones for $57 a month and the same service area as Verizon.

There are a few quircks with Republic as they are a new company just starting up. No MMS and only one phone available until late summer where they will be offering more choices. Customer service is strictly web based but so far that hasn't been an issue. Probably the biggest deal is they can't offer any numbers in the 603 area code so we will have to change phone numbers.

The upside is obviously cost but also areas that have weak or no cell service if they have internet you can make calls. This also applies if you are out of the country you can use the internet to make calls. I really like this internet calling capability.

This company appears to be growing and you can't beat the price. They encourage you to try it for 30 days to see if it works for you and in your area. If not return it and they will refund your money.
woodynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #33
rick35

Default South Bear Coverage??

I'm thinking about switching from Verizon to AT&T this month when my contract is up. I can't get 3G where we are on Bear and I need to be able to use the hotspot to connect my computer to the office. When I checked the verizon and AT&T coverage maps they both indicated I should be able to get 4G service. Does anyone have any experience with AT&T around South Bear? I'd hate to make the switch only to find service isn't any better.
rick35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #34
Irrigation Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodynh View Post
Thanks for all the responses. I did a lot of research and have gone in a totally different direction. I found this company out of North Carolina called Republic Wireless and they do a hybrid service. If you can get a wireless signal then it makes calls from that and if not then it uses Sprint which is CDMA and will also works off the Verizon towers. The best part is it is unlimited phone text and data for $19 a month. There is currently only one choice for a phone which is a Motorola Defy XT and costs $250 but so far so good.

My daughter has been testing out our first phone and so far anywhere her current Verizon phone is the Republic Wireless phone has had the same signal and we live in Moultonborough. I plan on switching my wife and other daughter over to them next week and we will have 3 smartphones for $57 a month and the same service area as Verizon.

There are a few quircks with Republic as they are a new company just starting up. No MMS and only one phone available until late summer where they will be offering more choices. Customer service is strictly web based but so far that hasn't been an issue. Probably the biggest deal is they can't offer any numbers in the 603 area code so we will have to change phone numbers.

The upside is obviously cost but also areas that have weak or no cell service if they have internet you can make calls. This also applies if you are out of the country you can use the internet to make calls. I really like this internet calling capability.

This company appears to be growing and you can't beat the price. They encourage you to try it for 30 days to see if it works for you and in your area. If not return it and they will refund your money.
Any updates on republic? Sounds like a great option for many.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-10-2013, 06:18 PM   #35
4 for Boating

Default Verizon vs. AT&T

Take this for what's it's worth location-wise compared to where you are but I can tell you that on the mainland over by Shep B's BB we have an AT&T phone and a Verizon 4G jetpack/hot spot puck. The AT&T aspect is spotty (Coverage and performance) but the Verizon 4G puck works great. (Very, very fast)

I have the AT&T phone connect via the hotspot when accessing the internet as the that's how much slower the AT&T 4G is.
4 for Boating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #36
samosetguy

Default Verizon

I have no experience with AT&T but I've had very good experiences using Verizon in Gilford near the Alton town line.

In fact, I noticed over the 4th that my coverage on my phone is now 4G. I don't remember getting 4G last summer but maybe I did.
samosetguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #37
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

At the Verizon store in Nashua a few days ago I was told to wait a month or so before upgrading. That several new phones were coming out and a rumored iPhone 5S which wold make the iPhone 5 drop to $100.00. Not sure how true, just telling what I was told the other day by the Verizon Store "Closer". You know the guy that tries to talk you into getting something before you leave the store.....? Well this guy told me to wait, believe it or not.....
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #38
Irrigation Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalRealtor View Post
Any updates on republic? Sounds like a great option for many.

Woodynh? I'm gonna go out on a limb from the lack of response and guess it didn't work out as planned?

Old 07-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #39
Den65

Default bear island coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick35 View Post
I'm thinking about switching from Verizon to AT&T this month when my contract is up. I can't get 3G where we are on Bear and I need to be able to use the hotspot to connect my computer to the office. When I checked the verizon and AT&T coverage maps they both indicated I should be able to get 4G service. Does anyone have any experience with AT&T around South Bear? I'd hate to make the switch only to find service isn't any better.
Sorry to say coverage maps lie, at&t not much better on the islands, also there is no 4g around the lakes hasen't been built yet, if you see 4g on your phone it's just a modified 3g signal. you are not getting true 4g lte speed. How would I know this, i maintain the sites for at&t in the lakes region north.I don't pick where they go or I would have better service at my house. good luck with your choice.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #40
rick35

Default made the switch

My new AT&T iphone arrived today. I had a hard time getting a Verizon 1x connection let alone 3G. One of our guests used his AT&T hotspot to stream a Bruins game during the playoffs and if he could do that I figured it was worth the switch.

I appreciate the info and the candor. The AT&T rep I talked to a couple of weeks ago didn't say anything about not having 4G around the lake. She even told me where the towers were. Sounds like the same half answer I get from Comcast for my home service.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:20 AM   #41
Den65

Default thanks

Quote:
My new AT&T iphone arrived today. I had a hard time getting a Verizon 1x connection let alone 3G. One of our guests used his AT&T hotspot to stream a Bruins game during the playoffs and if he could do that I figured it was worth the switch.

I appreciate the info and the candor. The AT&T rep I talked to a couple of weeks ago didn't say anything about not having 4G around the lake. She even told me where the towers were. Sounds like the same half answer I get from Comcast for my home service.
well I will say thanks for swithing to our system, I will try and keep them running at 100%(as always) for you so you can see those bruins games. Will come back on and let you know when LTE is launching. It is in place in several sites but it won't be on until they have completed the build. We do also have a few new sites coming on line to continue service around the lake. Will still have some dead spots but hopefully it will get better. I have to listen to my wife when she drops. Next site coming on line is off rt25 in sandwich been a drop spot forever.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #42
codeman671

Quote:

Do you have DSL or Metrocast internet over there? If so install an AT&T 3G Microcell. Its not 4G, but it is consistent signal at full strength which you don't have now. It was definitely the answer to our cell issues.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #43
rick35

We decided we dont need internet for personal use at the lake and the initial 12 month metrocast or fairpoint contract makes it not worth the money. My company wont pay for cable or dsl but they do pay for my phone and hotspot so I can stay connected from the lake.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #44
rick35

Default Works well

My new AT&T iphone 5 works pretty well. Download speed through the hotspot to my ipad was 5.86 Mbps and upload was 1.04 Mbps. I never checked my Verizon phone but it felt like dial up.