Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #1
GTO

Default Warning-scam

I am putting this on the General discussion becasue I didn't want anyone to miss it. Beware of a possible paving scam in the in the Meredith area. Yesterday, a guy came around our neighborhood in a paving truck towing a little trailer used for driveway sealing. He was going door to door asking if you wanted your driveway sealed and patched, that he had all the stuff in his truck to do it. We said no and told him we would mention it to other people in the neighborhood and he said he was only doing it for that day. He was from Stans paving. Stans paving made headline news as a major scammer in Nashua. Membes of the family split off like gypsys and ran scams all across the area. Google them to learn more. Just wanted to make people aware
AC2717 (09-17-2012), Belmont Resident (09-18-2012), BroadHopper (09-17-2012), CGI3 (09-17-2012), Pineedles (09-17-2012), SteveA (09-17-2012)
Old 09-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
The Eagle

Default Good Warning!

Hi GTO,
GOOD Warning, they are Gypsies and they travel around, praying mostly on the elderly. My Dad got scammed here in Mass, years ago. They give you a quote for a small job, then they tell you they needed more than expected and try to get you to pay. How? They stop paving half way through and say that's all. So naturally the elderly want it done completely, and agree to pay more. The "Supervisor," then drives the elderly person to the bank to withdraw the money in cash. They get the money, they finish and leave, and when it rains it all goes floating down the drain. Money AND the so called seal coat. Everyone with elderly neighbors, especially ones who's driveways LOOK like they need repair, shoudl keep and eye out for the scammers, and help protect your neighbors from getting burnt. Call the police if you even see someone who looks suspiscious. There were even reports of the "Workers" entering the homes, while the elderly went to the bank, and going through drawers, closets, and jewlery boxes.
"The Eagle"
The Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Eagle For This Useful Post:
AC2717 (09-17-2012)
Old 09-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
CozbyDog

I saw this truck and trailer up at the traffic circle yesterday-it caught my attention because of how nasty the trailer looked. He didn't stop at my house because my driveway is crushed stone... Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep my eyes open as there are a couple of older ladies that live alone on my road. I'll bring the 'neighborhood watch' back into style.
CozbyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #4
MV1

Default I wonder

Paving Business called "Stanleys" took a business in Meredith for $$$ this past summer...may be same Guys.... were reported to Police and A.G.
MV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #5
CGI3

Default Safe to say, stay away from all Stanleys Paving

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/...-business.html
CGI3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #6
Happy Gourmand

Default Gypsies..

The Stanley's pull off their scams all over the country. They operate under several different names, not just Stan's paving.
Beware.
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #7
SIKSUKR

Default I'll stay far away

Wow, thats quite a read on a pretty "interesting" family.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:58 AM   #8
ishoot308

Thanked 4,936 Times in 1,912 Posts

The previous owner of my company had issues with Stans Paving and was threatened with bodily harm by his entire paving crew if he didn't pay the up charge added to the bill... Luckily our work forces (construction) were just returning from job sites and Stans crew was well out numbered by ours and left "somewhat" peacefully... This was about 12 years ago.

Stan's /Stanleys is definitely bad news!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post:
Belmont Resident (09-18-2012)