Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-28-2005, 03:07 PM   #1
Alsobig

Default Best Place to Sell a boat....

Looking to sell a boat... Where is the best place to sell one... Consignment shop...? News papers? Want Ads...? Marina? Who has had any luck in the past...? FYI Selling a 2000 24' Playbouy Pontoon w/2001-75 hp Mercury 4 stroke....and trailer..
Alsobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 03:28 PM   #2
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts

The classifieds in the Lake Links might be a good place to start.
Good luck.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 03:59 PM   #3
Paugus Bay Resident

Most of the marinas will take 8 - 10%, but it frees you up from calls, test rides, etc. Plus, they'll ususally handle the financing as well.
Paugus Bay Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 07:26 PM   #4
jaymorgan

had very good luck w/channel marine and they now sell pontoons in tilton.
they sold my boat in 2 weeks. give them a phone call.
jaymorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 07:42 PM   #5
fatlazyless

Cool Best Winnipesaukee venue for selling a boat

www.faysboatyard.com in Gilford and www.irwinmarine.com in Laconia have very good websites with lots of boats. I like Fay's the best because they have multiple photos of the same boat, shot in, under, & around each boat while Irwin has one photo/boat. Most of Irwin's are SeaRays and Fay's has a really wide array of motor, sail, antique wood, and bargain deals. Plus, Fay's seems to come up a lot on the national level with links to iboats and google. I don't kow how those Fay sales guys do it but their web site seems to have a lot pull from all-over.

Lakeport Landing, Silver Sands, Channel Marine, Trexler's, & Shep Brown's all have good web sites for lots of performance boats but I like Fay's because it is not a marina, it is a boat yard.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2005, 05:55 AM   #6
b8tcaster

Default Re: Fays

Anybody thinking of doing business with them should remember that they are the ones that asked Rep. piliot to introduce the speed limit bill. I for one will never do business there again and ask everyone I know to do the same. Sounds harsh but when people try to infringe upon my activities for their own benefit I refuse to support them. There are plenty of other businesses in that area to give my money to.
b8tcaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 05:59 AM   #7
b8tcaster

Default Irwin Marine

Great people to deal with. I would certainly give them a chance with your boat
Old 01-31-2005, 12:52 PM   #8
Island-Ho

Default Try Fays

Fays has a great web site with a large cross section of vessels, drawing lots of web traffic. I'd support Fays because of his long history in the area, and list the boat there. It's great that someone in the area has the balls to continue to run a real boat yard, and takes a lead in environmental issues concerning the lake.
Island-Ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 08:53 PM   #9
b8tcaster

Default Response to Island -Ho

How can you possibly know how much web traffic that website draws? Are you possibly connected to them in some way?. There are plenty of other businesses on the lake that have a very long history also and Irwins is one of those(since 1919 I believe). To me "having balls" does not mean asking for a bill that will benefit your own business to the detriment of others and not having a big enough set to actually show up at the hearing and defend your beliefs. To me "having balls" does not mean trashing a donation to the town by a group of bass fishermen saying thank you for the use of your facility.To me "having balls" does not mean whining to the newspaper about the lack of porta potties for the ice fishermen to use. To me "having balls" means approaching those groups he takes issue with and discussing ways to make the situation better for all without unduly infringing on any particular user groups activities. If he really was taking the lead in environmental issues on the lake then maybe he could fund a couple of porta potties for the ice fishermen since he stated they are not expensive. Fays cares about one thing only and that is making money
Old 02-01-2005, 12:53 PM   #10
Alsobig

Quote:
Originally Posted by b8tcaster
How can you possibly know how much web traffic that website draws? Are you possibly connected to them in some way?. There are plenty of other businesses on the lake that have a very long history also and Irwins is one of those(since 1919 I believe). To me "having balls" does not mean asking for a bill that will benefit your own business to the detriment of others and not having a big enough set to actually show up at the hearing and defend your beliefs. To me "having balls" does not mean trashing a donation to the town by a group of bass fishermen saying thank you for the use of your facility.To me "having balls" does not mean whining to the newspaper about the lack of porta potties for the ice fishermen to use. To me "having balls" means approaching those groups he takes issue with and discussing ways to make the situation better for all without unduly infringing on any particular user groups activities. If he really was taking the lead in environmental issues on the lake then maybe he could fund a couple of porta potties for the ice fishermen since he stated they are not expensive. Fays cares about one thing only and that is making money
Sorry, I didn't mean to start a fight... I just wanted to know the best place to sell my boat, where it might get a lot of exposure... But thanks for all of the posts... I might check a few of them out...
Alsobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 05:08 PM   #11
KTO

If you have a boat up there in the years, you may want to consider contacting Meredith Marina. I know they have a salvage guy that buys boats for their engines (even if the engine is missing a part!) and offers one of the best price for an older boat.

If you have a trailer, SELL IT SEPERATELY! You will definitely get a much better price and much better luck if you sell seperate!
KTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 05:17 PM   #12
b8tcaster

Default Sory Alsobig

I just am really upset about Fays attempt to get legislation to have a speed limit on Winni. Didnt mean to hijack your post.I do believe that anybody that feels a speed limit is wrong should choose to do business elsewhere. Good luck with your boat