Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-27-2005, 11:23 AM   #1
jaymorgan

Default lakeport landing marina

has anybody on the forum had any dealings with this marina? good/bad??
we purchased a new formula 292 fastech from them and have had mostly
nothing but problems with the marina not the boat. i think their ethics are
less than honorable. anyothers? i would like to hear from you oneway or the other if you have ever dealt with lakeport landing marina.
jaymorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 12:26 PM   #2
Cal

I almost bought a used Formula from them a few years back. Was up there in March and put a deposit on the boat(looked real nice from what I could see).
Jerry Fagen all but insisted on a survey. I questioned him on why since it was only a brokerage boat and they didn't have to stand behind it. His answer was that they had a reputation to uphold and didn't want any junk leaving there. OK , so when the weather broke and the ice melted , they arranged for a survey and in my mind I figure it's just more money out of my pocket since they're setting it all up.
To my surprize there were some issues with the boat and I declined the purchase. They cheerfully refunded my full deposit , minus the survey fee , in less than a week(including mail time to NJ).
I was then contacted by the not too happy owner of the boat for some one on one , direct negotiations. But due to some questionable stress cracks in the bottom and even cracks where the bunks were glassed to the hull sides , I still passed even at a further reduced price.
For me Jerrys dealings were straight up and honest even though it cost them a sale and commission .

Last edited by Cal; 04-05-2005 at 07:04 PM.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 01:19 PM   #3
Fish

We have purchased 2 boats from Lakeport Landing and find their service, ethics and products to be unquestionably the best around. They have been given multiple awards for service directly from Formula. Sorry you are not having a good exprience with them but from all that I've seen and heard, you are in the minority.
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 01:19 PM   #4
jaymorgan

Default lakeport

jerry was the key reason we purchased there. he was very up front and a pleasure to deal with however paul (owner) and cheryl (whatever) both were very rude to me/ my concerns and never would even return my calls, that's no way to run a business. after i bought the boat the next year they informed me that they no longer had any slip space available to me. even though i paid for the slip the previous year. they would not have even notified me but i called to inquire why i had not received my slip contract. if i only had to deal w/ jerry the experience would have been great but cheryl calls the shots and paul backs her up right or wrong. the rudeness was not called for.

Last edited by jaymorgan; 01-27-2005 at 01:45 PM.
jaymorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 03:54 PM   #5
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Formula

I bought a Formula back in 1978 and was very happy with the deal and service. I had to sell in 1981 and they sold it under consignment. A pleasure to have gone through them.
However in summer of 2000, they wrote down that I was interested in another F3-LS and they informed me that they will call me when one comes in for sale.
During the summer of 2001, I noticed on their website an F3-LS was for sale. They never called me. I call them and they informed me that it was sold. I mentioned that I left a name and phone number and the salesman told me they will get in touch if one was available. I was informed that they no longer do such referrals. I will have to make sure that I catch it. I was pretty upset on the change of policy without being notified.
Other than that, if I needed mercruiser parts, they usually have what I want in stock. I usually buy most of my parts at Lakeport Landing
Old 01-29-2005, 03:31 PM   #6
CMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal
I almost bought a used Formula from them a few years back. Was up there in March and put a deposit on the boat(looked real nice from what I could see).
Jerry Fagen all but insisted on a survey. I questioned him on why since it was only a brokerage boat and they didn't have to stand behind it. His answer was that they had a reputation to uphold and didn't want any junk leaving there. OK , so when the weather broke and the ice melted , they arranged for a survey and in my mind I figure it's just more money out of my pocket since they're setting it all up.
I'm curious, who did they reccomend to perform the survey?? Is Dean still at Lakeport?
CMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 03:20 PM   #7
HotDog

Thumbs up yes he is

Yes Dean is still at lakeport.

Am am sorry that you are having a hard time with them. Lakeport is by far the best marina in that area. Paul is a wonderful man and i think he has done a great job with the marina. They are so nice and willing to help you with any problems you might have with your boat. Again i am sorry that you are having a problem with them but they are all wonderful people there and their should not be a disagreement with that comment.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:41 PM   #8
DanP

I purchased a used formula from lakeport 2 years ago. I had a survey performed prior to purchase. Provided great peace of mind and also helps with the insurance process. I used... Thomas J. Ferguson Manchester NH 603-669-0734.

My experience with lakeport has also been very positive. Ronnie has been great in the service department. Went out of his way to install a temp outdrive so I could have my boat for my vacation week... then installed the new one the following week when the part arrived.
DanP is offline   Reply With Quote