Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2018, 01:57 PM   #1
Rich

Default WinniGas.com NauticalCharts!

Hi all,

I'd like to ask for your help again, this time to help with some tests and also in asking for your valued opinions.

I've been slowly working on improving the WinniGas.com service, and I do see that people are starting to report recent gas prices on the lake (thanks).

My latest 'new' feature is a new map, showing the locations of all the gas docks on the lake. I had a simple map before, but my 'new' feature is to give you the option of seeing a marine 'NauticalChart' of the lake, instead of the very simple 'Google' map view.

If you don't mind me asking for help, I'd like to ask you all to take a look at the following link, and report back here in this thread to tell me how it works for you, please mention the type of phone, tablet, and if using a PC/Mac which browser you are using:

WinniGas.com/gasmap

After looking at it, can you also try the various map options and then answer the following questions:

1) Is having the "NauticalCharts" option useful, or is it simply too cluttered and not very useful for locating a gas dock?

2) Is the "SonarCharts" Option useful at all? This seems to show much more detailed bottom contours. I thought it may help show shallow areas in the areas of some Gas Docks (e.g.: Zoom in on Melvin Village Marina to see the shallow channel there), so I included it.

3) Do you prefer the more 'bare' Google "Map" option? This is uncluttered and may load faster on some phones.

4) Do you find the "Satellite" view useful? Should it be kept?

Note that you can zoom in closer when using the "Map" or "Satellite" views, this is due to a limitation in the "NauticalCharts" and "SonarCharts" features, and isn't anything I can change at this point.

I appreciate any and all comments on this. My goal is to make WinniGas.com easy to use and useful to you, the active boaters on our wonderful lake!

Don't forget to start reporting prices at the various gas docks around the lake, even if you're not purchasing gas at the time, if you happen to see the price on the pump, enter it on WinniGas.com! We currently have nine gas docks that haven't yet had their price updated this year.

As always, thanks for your help!

Edit: I incorporated this new map into the main menu now, so I updated the 'test' link to point to the live page now.

Last edited by Rich; 05-23-2018 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Changed link to the maps page
Rich is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Useful Post:
Overlake97 (06-10-2018)