Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-25-2015, 12:48 PM   #1
mishman

Default tennis in Meredith?

Is there still adult doubles tennis planned for the Meredith courts in the warmer weather? Last year I think it occurred Tuesday nights and Saturday mornings. Doe anyone know if it has started up this year? If so, what time? Thanks
(Also beginning sometime in mid-June weekdays, a group of people play at 7 a.m. in Moultonborough through the summer. We could use some more experienced players to have two or three courts of doubles going.)
mishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:20 AM   #2
fatlazyless

So, what's up with tennis at the six Meredith courts which were re-surfaced last August and are in super-duper condition, plus there's a hitting backboard. Two courts are lighted for night time use and anyone can turn on the lights so's one could even play there at midnight as it is located in a remote location.

I asked about adult get-together tennis at the Meredith Community Center and nobody had any clue what's up with tennis at the Meredith tennis courts. I know that last summer, the tennis teaching program that had been held in the past for both adults and children was not held because a tennis teacher was never found or hired, so's Meredith tennis seems to be running a wee bit slow as of late?

Moultonborough tennis has four very nice courts, and a hitting backboard, and there seems to be more going on with some scheduled tennis on Monday-Friday starting at 9-am, or something?

The Town of Holderness has a sign out front of their town hall that says "Tennis Classes-sign up now!" www.holderness-nh.gov and click on Recreation Dept.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:49 AM   #3
Shreddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
So, what's up with tennis at the six Meredith courts which were re-surfaced last August and are in super-duper condition, plus there's a hitting backboard. Two courts are lighted for night time use and anyone can turn on the lights so's one could even play there at midnight as it is located in a remote location.

I asked about adult get-together tennis at the Meredith Community Center and nobody had any clue what's up with tennis at the Meredith tennis courts. I know that last summer, the tennis teaching program that had been held in the past for both adults and children was not held because a tennis teacher was never found or hired, so's Meredith tennis seems to be running a wee bit slow as of late?

Moultonborough tennis has four very nice courts, and a hitting backboard, and there seems to be more going on with some scheduled tennis on Monday-Friday starting at 9-am, or something?

The Town of Holderness has a sign out front of their town hall that says "Tennis Classes-sign up now!" www.holderness-nh.gov and click on Recreation Dept.
Say hey, for $1.99 you can go down to the Family Dollar in Meredith and grab a canister of tennis balls. While you're there, be sure to check out the fine selection of candy they have that is potentially out of date. While consuming, be sure to give your dentist a call though to help with some of those cavities that could come with all that sugar.

Speaking of sugar, how about heading up the hill to McDonalds for a good old McFlurry. Can't be that if I don't say so myself.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:17 AM   #4
fatlazyless

Default ... tennis lessons - Moultonborough

Apparently, the Moultonborough Recreation Dept has some very happening tennis lessons planned this summer for both kids and adults.

Cost: $50/ 3-week session; two different sessions starting June 29, and July 20,
or $55 for non-residents, for a total of six 1-hour classes in each session which meet twice/week

So's for fifty or 55-dollars, you get six 1-hour lessons at a rate of about $8.75/lesson which in the world of tennis is truly a steal-of-a-deal ....... you all just gotta love that price!

One hour classes take place in the morning starting at 8-am thru noon, for ages 6-8, 9-12, and adults.

Registration deadline for the first session that starts on June 29 is to register by Wednesday, June 10.

Registration deadline for the second session that starts on July 20 is to register by Wednesday, July 8.

www.moultonborough.org

From the Tennis Dept of Comic Relief

How to make tennis more popular, and put all these local, lakes region, public tennis courts to increased use?

Just to get Harley Davidson to make a tennis racquet that is very loud and sounds like a Harley ...... budda-bing-bang-boom!!!
Old 05-27-2015, 09:15 AM   #5
GTO

Default noooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddy View Post
Say hey, for $1.99 you can go down to the Family Dollar in Meredith and grab a canister of tennis balls. While you're there, be sure to check out the fine selection of candy they have that is potentially out of date. While consuming, be sure to give your dentist a call though to help with some of those cavities that could come with all that sugar.

Speaking of sugar, how about heading up the hill to McDonalds for a good old McFlurry. Can't be that if I don't say so myself.
You had to poke the bear?
Old 05-27-2015, 01:30 PM   #6
Shreddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You had to poke the bear?
All in good fun - it was too easy not to