Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2017, 06:36 AM   #1
LongShort

Default 2016/2017 Sea Ray 250 SLX

Hi everyone,

As I mentioned in a previous post I am thinking about buying a new boat. I have owned a 2006 Sea Ray Sundeck 240 (26 ft LOA) for the past 3 years and now that my family and I know how we will be using the boat on the lake I am thinking of upgrading to a 2017 250 SLX. I know most people go up in size when they buy a new boat but I found that right around 26 ft was perfect for what we do. Typically it is me, my wife and my two kids on the boat and if we have people up to visit it typically adds 2 more adults and 2 or 3 kids. We mostly cruise around the lake and anchor in coves. We do some water sports like tubing, knee boarding and water skiing but that is not the primary use.

Originally I thought another Sundeck model would be best for how we use our boat but I really like the look and feel of the 250 SLX. I have also looked at Cobalt (test drove several models but R5 is where I ended up), Formula 240 BR, Chaparral Sunesta and several others but I really liked the ride and layout of the 2016/2017 250 SLX (the older model layout didn't work as well for my family but this seems to be perfect).

Does anyone out there currently own a 2016/2017 250 SLX? How do you like it? Is build quality as good as say a Cobalt? How have you found the ride on choppy, windy days? Are there certain options you really like and others that are not worth the money? Would you go with the 300 or 350 hp engine? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
LongShort is offline   Reply With Quote