Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2022, 08:37 AM   #1
MeredithMan

Default Not a fan of the new condos...

This is an interesting topic, assuming the thread can stay on topic, 3 years later....

Now that the new condos are up on the site of the old Barton's Motel on Paugus Bay in Laconia, I have to say I'm not a fan. The multiple 4-story cubes/monoliths block any view of the lake and the Mansard roof design looks totally out of place, to me. I would have thought the designers would have gone with a more "Adirondack" stone and timber type of design.

Same with the condos that are going up adjacent to Cumby's in The Weirs. Some of them are only framed at this point, but it appears to be a contemporary-type design. I guess it's better than the vacant lot that it was or the storage garages that it could have been, but jeez, what are architects thinking when they create their designs?

And, what is up with those massive piles of gravel on that site? It looks like a damn sand pit / gravel yard....
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote