Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winni Wildlife
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2006, 04:43 PM   #1
SkiDad

Default Bald Eagle Sighting

I saw a very large Bald Eagle in Glendale bay last weekend. Is this rare or are there eagles around? This bird was HUGE.

Last edited by SkiDad; 07-21-2006 at 07:40 PM.
SkiDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:33 PM   #2
Quilt Lady

Default Lucky you . . .

The Bald Eagles are here for most of the year. When there are so many tourists around (and so much extra activity), you don't see the eagles very often. Come November, they come out and we see them daily. They never fail to impress with their beauty and size. Last winter there was a thread on the Forum about a deer carcass on the ice near us. A pair of Bald Eagles feasted for days until a huge female Golden Eagle showed up. They had to wait until she was full before eating. It was an amazing show.

(Doing my best to encourage Global Warming ... one quilt at a time!)
Quilt Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:48 PM   #3
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilt Lady
The Bald Eagles are here for most of the year. When there are so many tourists around (and so much extra activity), you don't see the eagles very often. Come November, they come out and we see them daily. They never fail to impress with their beauty and size. Last winter there was a thread on the Forum about a deer carcass on the ice near us. A pair of Bald Eagles feasted for days until a huge female Golden Eagle showed up. They had to wait until she was full before eating. It was an amazing show.
Interestingly, on Wed evening of this week, I went out into my front yard to swing a new golf training club. So I could check my swing, I faced my house which is all glass and acts like a mirror. After about 4 or 5 swings, I was startled by a loud flapping of wings coming out of the very large oak tree in our front yard (can't even come close to putting your arms around this monster), and going up the street , only visible for a second or two, was a Golden Eagle, or at least I think it was. Huge wingspan, brownish in color, but unfortunately, I could see it's head. I have seen vultures in the neighborhood, but this was bigger than any vulture I have ever seen.

Sure wish I had seen it in the tree before swinging the club. Would have been nice to get a picture.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:30 AM   #4
SkiDad

Default thanks for the feedback

I appreciate the feedback, and did not realize that it was such a common thing.
SkiDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 09:50 AM   #5
wildwoodfam

Default Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiDad
I saw a very large Bald Eagle in Glendale bay last weekend. Is this rare or are there eagles around? This bird was HUGE.
Is there such a thing as a small Bald Eagle? Most I have had the pleasure to spy have all been very large in comparison to other birds. Plenty to see in the New England area once again - we have a few in the Merrimack Valley - sadly this years eaglets perished in the monsoon rains of May/June.

We see the national bird often over L.I.!

Glorious sight to behold!

Last edited by wildwoodfam; 07-22-2006 at 10:11 PM.
wildwoodfam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wildwoodfam For This Useful Post:
Lin (05-28-2014)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2006, 09:52 PM   #6
upthesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee
Interestingly, on Wed evening of this week, I went out into my front yard to swing a new golf training club. So I could check my swing, I faced my house which is all glass and acts like a mirror. After about 4 or 5 swings, I was startled by a loud flapping of wings coming out of the very large oak tree in our front yard (can't even come close to putting your arms around this monster), and going up the street , only visible for a second or two, was a Golden Eagle, or at least I think it was. Huge wingspan, brownish in color, but unfortunately, I could see it's head. I have seen vultures in the neighborhood, but this was bigger than any vulture I have ever seen.

Sure wish I had seen it in the tree before swinging the club. Would have been nice to get a picture.
On our way out for supper tonight, in a pretty good rainstorm, and about 50 ft off our property on a tree overhanging our road was a very large bird, sitting on a limb. Turned around and got a pretty good look at it, and it seemed it was a vulture (featherless head). Turned back around, tooted the horn, yelled at it through an open window, and it continued to sit there not getting any wetter. Me, on the other hand, got my head and glassed pretty wet. I was hoping to see it fly to get a look at the size, but alas, it let me down, or was too smart for me...personally, I'll take the former .
Old 07-29-2006, 07:11 AM   #7
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,053 Times in 496 Posts

Hi all,

Little of subject... got got this photo this past Thursday in a neighbors yard..

Mama and her eight babies...

Also check out todays Citizen online... they have a link to streaming webcam PSNH has runnig on a pair of Osprey and two chicks... great quality live pics!

Thx SteveA

http://www.psnh.com/osprey/default.asp
Attached Images

SteveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:09 AM   #8
Pepper

SteveA - thanks for linking to the Osprey cam! I forgot to post a link yesterday when I saw it! The streaming video is amazing!!!

Another forum member I spoke with yesterday will be posting a link to a live streaming cam of eagles, when she returns home after the weekend!

These cams provide such a unique opportunity to view wildlife.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:30 PM   #9
SteveA
Deceased Member

Pepper,

I've become addicted to the osprey webcam... look forward to the eagles!

Thx SteveA
Old 07-31-2006, 08:48 AM   #10
Lin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
SteveA - thanks for linking to the Osprey cam! I forgot to post a link yesterday when I saw it! The streaming video is amazing!!!

Another forum member I spoke with yesterday will be posting a link to a live streaming cam of eagles, when she returns home after the weekend!

These cams provide such a unique opportunity to view wildlife.
Hi Pepper and Weirs Beach boater nice to catch up with you both this weekend. Oh and Pepper thanks for the tip on the viewing spot. Awesome even in the heavy haze.

As for the eagles, I will pass the link on if anyone wants to keep it for next year. But unfortunately for us but great for the Eagles, I believe they must have fledged and left from last week when I last viewed the Eagles.
http://www.nu.com/eagles/live/default.asp

You can still check this year and previous years' still shots of the eagles and the site explains the Eagle project. It has a link to the NH osprey nesting site too, checked that one out this morning and watched them eat breakfast.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:54 PM   #11
gravy boat

Default Bald Eagle Sighting -- Sunday

We were visiting friends on the north/northwest side of Camp Island and saw a Bald Eagle circling around toward Jolly ... he circled until he moved out of our sight. Our friends said he was in the area on Saturday as well.
gravy boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:28 AM   #12
Pepper

Default Empty Nest

This morning around 9:30 I clicked onto the Opsrey cam for my morning fix. Both youngsters were in the nest, one enjoying breakfast, the other preening. I watched for my allotted ten minutes, then went about other business.

About 40 minutes ago, I clicked in again, and one of the youngsters had fledged. The other was picking at some fish bones, not getting much from any of them. Intermittently he/she would flap wings a bit, and then pick a bit more at the fish bones. A few minutes later, I noticed him/her intently listening and looking toward two spots to the left of the camera image, and then flapping/flying/hopping from one side of the nest to the other. This went on for another five minutes or so. I was sure this one was about to fledge, so as soon as the session ended, I clicked in again - thank heavens I did! Within four minutes of that session, I witnessed a few more of the listening/flapping/hopping episodes, and then swoosh! Off the nest he/she flew!

I was so enthralled watching this happening, and although I'm sad to see the nest empty, it was a priveledge to watch such a special event take place!

I have no idea if Ospreys return to the nest once they've fledged, but I'll be checking the cam regularly to find out!

I hope all of you who are bird lovers were able to watch the cam over the past several days. Many thanks to PSNH for sharing this wonderous view with all of us!!!!!
Old 08-01-2006, 12:06 PM   #13
Pepper

Default This is fascinating!

Please keep watching! The fledgelings do return, and are now quite animated, as well as vocal! I've been watching them calling to one another, playing with one another, and even knocking one-another off the nest!

Yup ... I'm hooked!
Old 08-01-2006, 12:11 PM   #14
SteveA
Deceased Member

Default Osprey

This from the PSNH website

"Osprey nests are among the largest built by any bird. Measuring at least 3 feet deep and 5 feet across, osprey nests are built primarily of sticks, with softer materials like bark, moss, or grass lining the inside. Ospreys locate their nests high off the ground—in trees, rocky outcrops, or on utility poles. Usually, ospreys return to the same nests every year, building the structure up over time."

So... I hope they will be back!

I watched the same "maiden flight" late this morning... it was wonderful..

I think we'll see them for a few more months before they head off to South America.

Guess they are sort of like many "summer folk" that come to the Lakes Region!

http://www.psnh.com/osprey/live/default.asp
Old 08-01-2006, 12:22 PM   #15
Pepper

Default We want lunch!!!

I just finished another ten minute session, and by the looks of their actions, and their constant vocalizations, it seems as though they're both on the nest and demanding that lunch be brought in!

Just got an email from my brother in SC. He missed the fledging, and has not been able to get in since, because of so much traffic. I told him I'd vacate a spot (now I ashamed for taking up so much time on it!) so he could get a chance to view it too!

Thank heavens it's my day off!!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2006, 12:34 PM   #16
SteveA
Deceased Member

Pepper,

Dianne (the boss) and I have to get to Waldo Peppers... ashamed to say in 30 years up here we have never been... (shame on us)

Really admire your St Baldricks "contribution"... we'll be in soon... and I'll bring some extra money for your cause..

As a "Lakes Region" junky I don't know why I didn't find this site sooner...

Seems like alot of really nice folks..

SteveA
Old 08-01-2006, 10:55 PM   #17
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA
...Seems like alot of really nice folks..

SteveA
A whole lot!!!!!

Looking forward to meeting you and "the boss"!
Old 08-12-2006, 10:00 PM   #18
upthesaukee

Quote:
On our way out for supper tonight, in a pretty good rainstorm, and about 50 ft off our property on a tree overhanging our road was a very large bird, sitting on a limb. Turned around and got a pretty good look at it, and it seemed it was a vulture (featherless head). Turned back around, tooted the horn, yelled at it through an open window, and it continued to sit there not getting any wetter. Me, on the other hand, got my head and glassed pretty wet. I was hoping to see it fly to get a look at the size, but alas, it let me down, or was too smart for me...personally, I'll take the former .
Watching TV this evening, and my wife saw a large bird fly through the yard. It then came back around and landed in a tree. Here is what we have been seeing...definitely a vulture!!!!

Old 08-13-2006, 09:03 AM   #19
Grant

Turkey vulture. They are scavengers. Tons of them down here in PA.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:44 AM   #20
Mee-n-Mac

Question Turkey vultures

We have been seen large flocks (?) of turkey vultures soaring up and down Rt28A and Rt11 for a few years now. They seemed to follow a set schedule, as if looking for roadkill for the 6pm dinner sitting. Now just yesterday I saw a large single raptor soaring overhead and I was wondering where his buddies were. He swooped down and grabbed a fish out of the lake and then I noticed it was a bald eagle. I hadn't seen one down here before. "Mee" had noticed that we haven't been seeing the usual flock of vultures for 2-3 weeks now, but instead seeing a single bird (which we thought was a vulture). We now wonder if an eagle has taken roost and whether that would scare off the turkey vultures ?
Old 08-13-2006, 08:12 PM   #21
Diver1111

Thanked 1,027 Times in 224 Posts
Default Bald Eagle

A friend saw a Bald Eagle in a tree right next to her beach area on Paugus last week-she estimated 8 foot wingspan when it flew away. What a thrill!
Diver1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 09:30 PM   #22
upthesaukee

M-n-M...they (vultures) have been roosting in the woods in and around my house, so about even with Keywadin Park, but up the hill across rte 11. We were walking out of our house tonight with my daughter and there were at least three circling around, perhaps more, all of whom headed into the woods and seemed to be getting ready to roost for the night.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:47 PM   #23
Lin

Default Bald eagle Sighting

We watched a bald eagle most of last week up around all the islands and coves near Greene's basin. the first day we saw the eagle we were out behind Badgers fishing and it flew over us only about 10' away, no camera. Next day we went out with my good camera and got dozens if not hundreds of shots. It wasn't in flight, it sat in a tall pine on a ledge for several hours. I posted a few more photos of the Eagle in the photopost section.
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2006, 08:01 PM   #24
gtxrider

Default Great shot!

Great shot of the grand bird!
gtxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 08:04 PM   #25
gtxrider

Default Watch out!

Quote:
M-n-M...they (vultures) have been roosting in the woods in and around my house, so about even with Keywadin Park, but up the hill across rte 11. We were walking out of our house tonight with my daughter and there were at least three circling around, perhaps more, all of whom headed into the woods and seemed to be getting ready to roost for the night.
Make sure you keep moving when those vultures start circling!
gtxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 05:29 PM   #26
Mink Islander

Default More Eagles

I've seen one several times while fishing in the early A.M. this year off the west side of Timber Island. This morning one flew right over our house on Mink Island heading west towards Mark Island. Been great to see them around this summer.
Mink Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 03:53 PM   #27
ApS

Default Juvenile sighted

Saw a very dark-brown juvenile bald eagle on his way to Alton last Friday. (No white markings of the adult).

Keep looking up!
Old 09-05-2006, 01:11 PM   #28
donnamatrix

Default Eagle near Suissevale/birdcams

On 9/4 we were anchored near State's Landing Beach, fishing. Lots of loon action. The loons suddenly became very vocal, we looked up and saw what we thought was an Osprey. Got the binoculars and sure 'nuff: an Eagle. Very exciting.
Anyone who is interested in bird cams: try palemale.com (red tail hawks in NYC); also, Kodak.com has the Peregrine falcon site that begins around March. It's offline now because the eyases have fledged and are no longer in the nest.

This is another site with eagle and loon nest cams:
http://www.briloon.org/ed/eagle/index.htm
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:14 PM   #29
twins

I heard 4-5 loons making a big racket and saw this guy tormenting them from a rock at the end of our Island (Gem Island, one of the twins in Melvin Bay).
Attached Images

twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:19 PM   #30
Grant

When was that photo taken? Very cool -- and right in our neck of the woods (howdy, neighbor).
Old 09-06-2006, 04:13 PM   #31
twins

Eagle was seen today, 9/6 3:30. He was there for about 15 minutes and then flew into a tree on the tip of Horn Point (Pine Point), near the Bald Peak beach club. (I'm sure they checked his membership!)
Old 09-06-2006, 05:29 PM   #32
Lin

neat photo of the eagle sitting on the rock. I've seen an eagle now several times up between Greens Basin and Blanchard.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:58 PM   #33
KBoater

Default Heron Rock

That rock usually had a Great Blue Heron on it. Must be a good fishing place.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:19 PM   #34
twins

I looked over where he flew off to and saw him sitting in the same tree 4 hours later! They sure blend into pine trees well.

By the way FLBoater, the invite's still open. We're here for awhile yet.
Attached Images

Old 09-09-2006, 04:44 PM   #35
Senter Cove Guy

Default Gem Island Eagle

Saw the eagle today flying east to west between Wawbeek and Gem island. He landed near the top of a tree on Gem then flew off towards Gun island. This is my first eagle sighting at the lake. It was impressive.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:47 AM   #36
Grant

Hope he's in the same location next weekend!
Old 09-10-2006, 11:05 AM   #37
ApS

Quote:
Originally Posted by twins
"...he flew off to and saw him sitting in the same tree 4 hours later! They sure blend into pine trees well..."
Bald Eagles are at the top of their evolutionary, feathered, food chain: there is no survival-benefit to "blend in" with anything.

They also don't have any natural enemies. No...wait....
Attached Images

Old 09-10-2006, 10:46 PM   #38
Rinkerfam

We spotted an eage hovering and finally landing on, of all places, Eagle Island on Labor Day. I hadn't noticed this thread until tonight, or I would have posted this rather ironic sighting sooner
Old 09-21-2006, 04:44 AM   #39
ApS

A large shadow passed over us near Lake Wentworth yesterday, but we managed to get a glipse of white tail and head.

In the two minutes it took to get to the shoreline for a better view, it had found a thermal and was soaring at around 2000 feet up!
Old 10-18-2006, 03:40 PM   #40
ApS

Exclamation Big...no, Immense!

A dozen loons have been paddling around near my shore, when several members started giving the "yodel" call at about 1:30. Since that usually indicates an ultralight aircraft approaching over the shoreline, I glanced around —and saw nothing.

After about minute of the continuing winter preparations at the dock, all of the loons were yodeling, and the sound level had increased! I looked up again and saw the biggest bald eagle I've ever seen!

She (by the re-e-e-e-e-ally big size) was headed toward West Alton: a good place for an eagle to be watched, I'm guessing.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:23 AM   #41
skprbob

Default Eagle fishing

This past Monday, a Bald flew up along the starboard side of the Mount as she passed between the Fortys and Welch Island. The eagle cut in front, about 100 yds off the bow, came down and caught a fish, then flew back along the port side and away. Quite a sight!
skprbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:32 AM   #42
Weirs guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skprbob
This past Monday, a Bald flew up along the starboard side of the Mount as she passed between the Fortys and Welch Island. The eagle cut in front, about 100 yds off the bow, came down and caught a fish, then flew back along the port side and away. Quite a sight!

Looks like those bus tourists got their moneys worth on that cruise!

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:34 PM   #43
rander7823

Default Oh No!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirs guy
Looks like those bus tourists got their moneys worth on that cruise!
Was that the last rock bass? I hope not they still have to work to do removin that boulder on the other post.
rander7823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 07:59 PM   #44
Pineedles

Default APS photo post

APS,

That photo 9/10/06 of the cat and the eagle is the most dramatic photo I have ever seen of domestisity vs. nature. Can you fill me in on what happened next?
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:19 PM   #45
fpartri497

Talking cat & the eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second
Bald Eagles are at the top of their evolutionary, feathered, food chain: there is no survival-benefit to "blend in" with anything.

this is one very stupid cat.

Old 10-19-2006, 09:05 PM   #46
Newbiesaukee

Smile

I suspect that what happened next is the photo was further altered in Photoshop, perhaps adding a puppy.
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 10:14 PM   #47
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee
I suspect that what happened next is the photo was further altered in Photoshop, perhaps adding a puppy.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:25 PM   #48
Pineedles

Default Deceptive photos?

APS, es verdad?
Old 10-21-2006, 07:41 AM   #49
ApS

Talking Nothing like a good challenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee
"Photoshopped" is the majority opinion of some photoshop amateurs, too. One produced other photographs showing the same eagle on the same railing (reportedly in Alaska) with two white cats prowling around on the floor beneath him as proof. To me, those photos suggest just the opposite: a wary but curious, eagle. (And curious cats). The eagle has probably just eaten, or at least one of those cats wouldn't be in the picture (pardon the expression ).

I think the photo is real. One tech says the photo is old: another enlarges the photo to disclose a finding that I don't see. Others familiar with eagle behavior agree. (Others don't).

As it is, the eagle can make an easy "break-for-it" from this railing which appears to be very high off the ground. He could end up missing some tail feathers as this photo suggests:

Too bad about photoshopping nature photos, though. Is this one real? Who knows?

Old 11-01-2006, 01:05 PM   #50
Lake Lady 6

Default Bald Eagle

Another Bald Eagle about 11 a.m. today. He was flying north along the W. Alton shoreline - what a beautiful sight. Not the first time we have seen one along the shore but always a thrill.
Lake Lady 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:01 PM   #51
Pineedles

Default Gettin older and wiser

Thanks APS. I guess this is why older people can be such curmudgens. Nothing changes, the longer you live the more you see that can fool you. So go back to what you learned in Kindergarten, and you've probably got a got grasp on what is real, ignore everthing else you supposedly learned afterward.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:28 PM   #52
KBoater

Default FL Eagle

I saw my favorite Eagle on the way home from a cruise yesterday. He sits on a bald branch at the end of a no wake channel. He supervises the boats getting up on plane.
My question is do eagles migrate south in the winter? I had seen one in NH at Xmas 2 years ago.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:27 AM   #53
Smitty1

I was having breakfast at Donna Jean's at the Weirs Channel yesterday and a Bald Eagle flew by a couple of times.

A very cool sight!

Smitty
Smitty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:03 PM   #54
Resident 2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty1
I was having breakfast at Donna Jean's at the Weirs Channel yesterday and a Bald Eagle flew by a couple of times.

A very cool sight!

Smitty
Because the Weirs Channel is open water and the lake is now almost completely covered with ice, the eagle(s) will be flying over the channel looking for a fish or two to eat. They are fairly common in the morning over the channel at this time of year. Mostly bald eagles with a golden eagle from time to time. They also make visits in the summer, but most people in the channel are looking at the other "sights" and most people do not look up .

It is always a great to see the eagles and worth a visit to the channel during the winter.

R2B
Resident 2B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:14 PM   #55
SIKSUKR

I read somewhere this morning that recently the eagle count for the state was at 40.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:46 AM   #56
LilacHill

Quote:

We're up the hill from you and yes I think it is a golden eagle that is making its rounds out here. He/she decided chicken was on the menu and went for one of the birds in the horse pasture. The smaller mare chased it out before it hit the hen. She hates predators, ask the neighbors dogs

It didn't look like a bald eagle even an immature one and it was definitely larger than the turkey vultures.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:48 PM   #57
trfour

Default Let the eagle soar - but without the deer head...

Incredibly strong flyer's!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com./id/16875766?GT1=8921
Attached Images

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html

Last edited by trfour; 02-01-2007 at 01:16 PM.
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #58
ApS

Red face Missed 'im! Dang-it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
I read somewhere this morning that recently the eagle count for the state was at 40.
That relatively high number may account for me not leaping for my camera just a few minutes ago. At that moment, I saw a juvenile Bald Eagle darken my picture windows—again.

A minute later, he flew out about ˝-mile to check on something on the water—and a seagull chased the poor youngster away!

What a picture I just missed!
ApS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:55 PM   #59
ApS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post

Apparently, Bald Eagles are not frightened-off easily!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxR2...r_embedded#t=0
ApS is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ApS For This Useful Post:
Rattlesnake Gal (04-29-2014)
Old 04-14-2014, 06:56 AM   #60
tis

Thanked 1,375 Times in 951 Posts

That cat is putting his/her life in danger!
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:31 PM   #61
Flyfisha

Default Interesting

Interesting how this post started about 8 years ago in Glendale. I saw a bald eagle right near the Marine Patrol headquarters area last weekend while trolling the Glendale shoreline!!
Flyfisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:09 PM   #62
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Thumbs up That Video! Wow!!!

Thanks for sharing that incredible eagle video, ApS! I left the sound up enough that my two Cairns could hear it downstairs. They went crazy and were howling!

We have a bald eagle that flies by our place on the island. (I haven't seen it yet this year.) It might be the one that lives on the southern end or perhaps it's the one on Clay Point? It is positively gigantic! I am very fearful that it might try to take my 13.5 or the 15 pound dog out for lunch.

Fortunately, Khaleesi and Harry do not often venture out onto the docks unless I am with them.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote