Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-22-2015, 01:48 PM   #1
AB_Monterey

Default 1961 Evinrude Fisherman 5.5 hp

Hi all,

I acquired a 12ft aluminum boat complete with a 1961 Evinrude Fisherman 5.5hp about a couple years ago.

I had planned to hold onto it but have decided that I am just not using it enough.

Boat and motor had always been stored inside for many years.

I have no idea what something like this is worth. Is there a market for antique motors? It started right up and ran great last time I had it out.

Thanks for your input.

Attached Images

AB_Monterey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 03:10 PM   #2
HomeWood

I'll take a shot. If I was in the market for such a package, I would be looking at offering maybe around $800-900. That's assuming the engine runs well, no hull leaks, and the boat comes with a title. The engine/tank is worth maybe around a few hundred if running well and the boat alone is $400-500 with title?

Maybe I'm way off but this is what I would personally want to spend at most for those. I have a 1978 4hp Mercury in my basement that is in mint shape appearance wise. However, it needs some carb parts and water pump parts that seem to be no longer made. There's nothing wrong with running older stuff if you can keep them maintained and parts are available.
HomeWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 03:28 PM   #3
AB_Monterey

Default Thanks for the feedback

I don't have a title but NH doesn't require one, just a bill of sale.
AB_Monterey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 03:41 PM   #4
HomeWood

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB_Monterey View Post
I don't have a title but NH doesn't require one, just a bill of sale.
Oh, geez. I knew that. Duh! I must had it in my mind that I had a title to sign over when I sold my bass boat.
Old 08-22-2015, 08:00 PM   #5
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

You probably had a title for the bass boat trailer but your right NH doesn't title the boat itself. Bill O sale is all you need.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2015, 05:21 AM   #6
HomeWood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
You probably had a title for the bass boat trailer but your right NH doesn't title the boat itself. Bill O sale is all you need.
Had one for the boat, too. 14' or longer motorized, sail, or PWC require titles here in NC.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:03 AM   #7
fatlazyless

Value for the 12' rowboat without any oars - $300

Old aluminum rowboats like this can be painted using Rustoleum spray paint which is pretty easy to do, and really changes the look of the boat. Rustoleum makes a self-etching spray primer, dark grey, designed for priming aluminum; sold in the automobile body section at Walmart for about $5/big can, and it goes a long way for priming an aluminum boat like this.......before applying the color u-choose, and the original Rustoleum spray paint with the Scotch pattern on the can, that takes maybe an hour to dry on a good drying day, is by far the most durable spray paint. Total spray paint cost ......about 40-dollars.

A re-painted rowboat like this with two 78" oars and a very small electric trolling motor on the stern can be a pretty happening fun boat for fishing ...... or just for rowing ...... and they ride over the 2-3 ft motorboat waves on the weekends just fine. And, the #1 thing about rowing is that you sit in the middle of the boat, so it makes for a much more stable, much safer boat, than sitting in the stern holding the tiller handle of a big honking 5.5-hp motor.

About $45; what it costs every year for a state sticker which is required if it has a motor.....even a small electric motor.

Value for the Evinrude 5.5hp and tank if it starts up and runs good- $200-300?

There's a guy in Allenstown, NH in craigslist-nh-boats who sells old Evinrudes and Johnsons like this for about 400-450-dollars after replacing what needs to be replaced, so's he might buy it for 100 or something, or take it for ten dollars? Someone once said to buy low and sell high, buddy!

He is real good with old Evinrudes and Johnsons, 1955-1973 or so, size 1 1/2 to 10-hp and has maybe 30 different motors for sale.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 08-24-2015 at 04:23 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:37 AM   #8
fatlazyless

Here's a follow up rowboat question. Just suppose someone puts a small electric trolling motor on the stern of their 12' rowboat and does not pay the 45-dollars for a state registration sticker. They get stopped and cited by the MP's for operating a non-registered motor boat.

So, how much does this violation cost, and does it negatively effect one's automobile insurance cost? (And no, I do not know the answers.)