Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winter Sports
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-04-2008, 02:56 PM   #1
Treerider

Default Winter Harbor Ice??

Can anyone advise if there is ice on winter harbor anywhere? Down by Libby Museum perhaps? Anyone fishing out there yet??
Treerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:17 PM   #2
trfour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treerider View Post
Can anyone advise if there is ice on winter harbor anywhere? Down by Libby Museum perhaps? Anyone fishing out there yet??
Here ya go Treerider; http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...0986#post60986

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:34 PM   #3
tis

Thanked 1,380 Times in 956 Posts

There is another thread on this, Tree, but I will answer since no one else has. THere is ice on most of Winter Harbor. Two days ago it was open out by the airport, it looked like the ice maybe ended out by where the rope swing used to be, if you are familiar with that. Keewaydin Point was frozen. There were three bobhouses in front of the Libby Museum yesterday, 2 today. There were people sitting out there. The bob houses were very close to shore though, so that must tell us something. I would guess they don't think it is safe to go out too far. The broads looking from Libby are all open.

We went around the lake today and there were two houses in Center Harbor, none in Meredith, but 2 groups of people were out there, and there were 4 bob houses in Alton Bay out by the bandstand. I forgot to look at Wolfeboro Bay.

This week is supposed to be very warm so I don't think it will freeze over much, probably even melt some.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote