Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2018, 03:33 PM   #1
mattmass

Default Cost difference between finished and framed home?

We are looking at having a new home built in Meredith next fall. We currently have two local builders quoting a finished 1,730 sq. ft. retirement home for us stick built. I have had a great deal of experience in my 30 years as a home owner at interior and remodeling work like flooring, tile, painting, cabinets and plumbing. I would love to have a turn key finished home but I am starting to get fearful of not being able to swing the total cost all at once. Since I am still working for another 4 years I was thinking perhaps I could have the house framed with heat and one working bathroom and I could work and finance the completion of the interior over time myself with an occasional sub if needed. What would the cost difference be between a finished turn key home and a framed home per square foot?
mattmass is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mattmass For This Useful Post:
the only place (11-07-2018)