Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-29-2022, 04:34 PM   #1
DRH

Default Hammond Organ Service

My wife Quilt Lady has played keyboards (primarily organ) for most of her life, and she is considering the purchase of a new Hammond organ. Hammond now offers an electronic organ (Model A-162) that electronically synthesizes the sound of their legendary B3 console model which became famous back in the 1960s and 1970s and which is featured in many rock, soul and jazz songs of that era. The B3 sound was absolutely amazing!

Our concern is, what is the availability of factory-authorized service of modern (electronic) Hammond organs in the Lakes Region of NH? We have done online searches and have yet to find any NH-based Hammond service centers. We are hesitating to purchase a new Hammond organ unless repair service is going to be available if we should need it.

Does anyone know of a reputable Hammond organ service person or company in NH?
Old 04-29-2022, 04:54 PM   #2
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRH View Post
My wife Quilt Lady has played keyboards (primarily organ) for most of her life, and she is considering the purchase of a new Hammond organ. Hammond now offers an electronic organ (Model A-162) that electronically synthesizes the sound of their legendary B3 console model which became famous back in the 1960s and 1970s and which is featured in many rock, soul and jazz songs of that era. The B3 sound was absolutely amazing!

Our concern is, what is the availability of factory-authorized service of modern (electronic) Hammond organs in the Lakes Region of NH? We have done online searches and have yet to find any NH-based Hammond service centers. We are hesitating to purchase a new Hammond organ unless repair service is going to be available if we should need it.

Does anyone know of a reputable Hammond organ service person or company in NH?
Not quite the question you asked, but I feel obliged to chime in, especially since you sound like an aficionado. Electronic instruments are great products--easier and less expensive in a variety of ways than their analog counterparts. But the sound and feel are not quite the same. Make sure your wife has an hour to spend playing it and comparing the sensation of playing to the original B3. Many people would prefer a used B3. Either way, I hope you both...Rock on!
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
DRH (04-29-2022)
Old 04-29-2022, 05:07 PM   #3
Descant

Thanked 1,509 Times in 982 Posts
Default This is tough

Difficult search. My father's B3 has been serviced by Nesbitt's Organ Service, 40 Kirk S, Methuen MA 01844.The phone is shown as 688-4901. No area code listed. I don't know anymore about them. It's been a couple of years since they visited us, but they may have contacts in the Lakes Region, or as is often the case, a tech who has a vacation home in the area. Our B3 was my father's; he played regularly until 1991. We brought it here in 1992 when we closed the Massachusetts house and he moved to a retirement community. We have the Hammond sound box, no Leslie speakers as my father was not a rock n roller. Maybe your wife would like a B3?
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post:
DRH (04-29-2022)
Old 04-29-2022, 06:10 PM   #4
DRH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Difficult search. My father's B3 has been serviced by Nesbitt's Organ Service, 40 Kirk S, Methuen MA 01844.The phone is shown as 688-4901. No area code listed. I don't know anymore about them. It's been a couple of years since they visited us, but they may have contacts in the Lakes Region, or as is often the case, a tech who has a vacation home in the area. Our B3 was my father's; he played regularly until 1991. We brought it here in 1992 when we closed the Massachusetts house and he moved to a retirement community. We have the Hammond sound box, no Leslie speakers as my father was not a rock n roller. Maybe your wife would like a B3?
Thanks for your reply, Descant. At our stage of life (we are now both in our 70s), we really don't want to purchase an original (i.e. "old technology") B3 model, as good as they sound. My wife used to own an M3, which was similar but not nearly as good as a B3, but we sold it years ago due to ongoing difficulty of getting repair parts, amplifier tubes, etc.

Thanks for the lead about Nesbitt's Organ Service in Methuen. I'll get in touch with them and see if they service modern Hammond electronic organs or can point us to someone in the Lakes Region who does.
Old 04-30-2022, 05:40 AM   #5
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default B3 Organ

Ron Levy who once played for Allman Bros. travels with the Michael Vincent Band with his B3 and the famous 'horn' speaker. I will ask where he gets his service. Currently performing in the Mississippi Delta states.
DRH (04-30-2022)
Sponsored Links