Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2019, 01:09 PM   #1
bigdog

Default Internet Provider - HughesNet ?

Does any member have HughesNet for their Internet service provider ?

If so, can you please respond on performance, dependability, price and customer service.

Thanks !
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:04 AM   #2
Broken Glass

Default INternet

I installed the Hughes system last spring. One of the reasons that I wanted to give it a try is because I am on Rattlesnake Island, and running out there to re-set my Verizon Jet Pack whenever it drops offline, is impossible to do off season. So far, whenever I have lost the internet, the system has come back online without any help from me.

As far as the service itself, it is relatively slower than the Jet Pack, and pricey if you use it alot. I have a simple temperature and occupancy status monitor (Elertus), and a few Blink cameras, that at working beautifully so far. Whenever we are out there, we stream Netflix without any problem. Working from the island in the cloud is somewhat slow, and takes getting used to, but it is reliable. We still have the Verizon Jet Pack, and it is in fact faster than the Satellite, but like I said, it needs to be manually reset way too often to rely on it.
Broken Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:32 PM   #3
codeman671

We used it previously on the island before DSL became available. It was quirky and expensive. The latency was annoying, and there was a data cap per 24 hour period. Maybe it has gotten better? Not sure. I cant imagine it being any cheaper than a DSL or cable option though, and probably still slower.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote