Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
WakeboardMom

Default Time/Warner - M'boro - TERRIBLE

If you have a choice, choose something else.

Two nights in a row, we were in the middle of watching Primetime on Demand when Time Warner decided that our time wasn't worthy of good service. In the middle of the program, the service shut down and the onscreen message said "not available at this time, try again later." WHAT?!!?

These two nights just drove home all the points that have been concerns since we signed the original contract with the service. The menus are difficult to navigate, they are not user-friendly. Every click of the remote takes an interesting amount of time for the on-screen prompts to appear and then when the remote is clicked, it takes yet another interesting amount if time before there is a reaction.

Time-Warner does not seem to care about keeping our business, or making us happy, or giving good customer service. We will now investigate other options.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
HomeWood

I experience the same thing with TWC down here. The remote delays drive me crazy too and it's a constant thing that I finally just accepted. They used to be worse with a different box and then I had it changed out for the current one.
HomeWood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HomeWood For This Useful Post:
WakeboardMom (03-26-2012)
Old 03-26-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
trfour

Post I hear you Marie

I can tell you from experience, it is not just inferior service in M'boro, yet found around our entire United States. And, should we call customer service, they try there very best to talk and intimidate you into believing that the problem is in 'your equipment', not theirs.

So, fed up to here-, I decided to hook up with O'l faithful, ( rabbit ears ).

Now, I pulled in some of my favorite local channels and was very happy until they were forced into going did'gital, ( a derivative of the cable Companies ). WOOF! I had to buy a box that converted did'gital to rabbit ears! How's that for progress!...

So here we are coming down to the wire in the NBA finals, and by the way, Sir Charles B, has a word for cable companies as well! With an ascent, 'Turrible 'Turrible 'Turable!!!

PS. Marie, have you had the pleasure of meeting our resident FLL who broad casts from his cheep web-TV, quite frequently over here?
He's a gem!

Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trfour For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2012, 05:38 AM   #4
Belmont Resident

Default ALWAYS been junk

Any time I've lived where Time Warner was the only option it was terrible. Customer service is none existent; price increases were always out of control.
Metrocast was exactly the same in this area.
We now have Direct TV and it is much better then cable ever was. Granted they are not perfect but a lot better then cable. We get 200 and something channels for what metrocast charges for 72.
Good luck with them.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #5
WakeboardMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
Any time I've lived where Time Warner was the only option it was terrible. Customer service is none existent; price increases were always out of control.
Metrocast was exactly the same in this area.
We now have Direct TV and it is much better then cable ever was. Granted they are not perfect but a lot better then cable. We get 200 and something channels for what metrocast charges for 72.
Good luck with them.
My husband says, "They feel they don't have to care. They're a monopoly."

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWood View Post
I experience the same thing with TWC down here. The remote delays drive me crazy too and it's a constant thing that I finally just accepted. They used to be worse with a different box and then I had it changed out for the current one.
My husband has been saying that they gave us an old, crappy box. I asked him "Why would they do that?" He said it goes back to the notation above, "They don't have to care..."

Thank you for the Direct TV endorsement. I think that's now our best option.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #6
Lakegeezer

Default New remote model is available

The TWC remote was driving me nuts too - in just the way you described. I went to North Conway to pick up a new model and that that works MUCH better. For the second TV, I traded the old remote model for a new one from a TWC truck that was at the neighbors. That said, TWC is primitive when compared to Comcast - which is no picnic. But, for Internet, your only other choice is Fairpoint DSL - which gets slower the farther you are from their amplifiers.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #7
Lucy Goose

All cable companies are horrible. I've dealt with a few and don't like any of them. They all put the same crap. Lousy service, choices are horrible, and whenever you are not looking they jack your bill up $50 and then you have to spend half your morning trying to get your bill down. And Time Warner has an especially wonderful feature. I come home from work at night and turn on my tv when all I want to do is relax for a bit and the tv says my box is not allowed or something crazy to work. Happens all the time. Then I have to call them and spend time on the phone yet again. UGH!
Lucy Goose is offline   Reply With Quote