Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winni Pets
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2014, 04:03 PM   #1
GBGX2

Default Dog Friendly Restaurants?

We are new proud owners of a black lab puppy and don't want to give up our long standing habit of going out for lunch around the lake. Can anyone assist on places that allow you to bring the pup?

No reason to mention the obvious: "You should of thought of that before you bought a puppy"....

Being able to have a glass of wine would be an important criteria.

Thanks so much,

GBGx2
GBGX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GBGX2 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2014, 09:03 AM   #2
jkjoshuatree

Default Lago

We've brought our two goldens (after a walk, mind you, so they were calm) to the outdoor patio of Lago.

It was perfect.
blacksheep (06-18-2014), GBGX2 (04-30-2014), lilyelgato (01-14-2015)
Old 04-27-2014, 09:43 AM   #3
GBGX2

Default Thank you!

Thanks for suggestion!
The Following User Says Thank You to GBGX2 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2014, 10:32 AM   #4
donnamatrix

Default Lakesside Deli

Annie and Jeff's Lakeside Deli right in Meredith, across from BarnZ movie theatre.
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to donnamatrix For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2014, 11:21 AM   #5
cillovely

Lab puppy.....hope you have he/she trained well. My Lab is 14 months old and I still have issues taking him to some places. Mostly just becuase he's so strong. We are getting there....

But I like your question becuase our pup comes on vacation with us and there are times I'd like him to come out with us.
cillovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2014, 03:40 PM   #6
GBGX2

Default Thank you !

Quote:
Originally Posted by cillovely View Post
Lab puppy.....hope you have he/she trained well. My Lab is 14 months old and I still have issues taking him to some places. Mostly just because he's so strong. We are getting there....

But I like your question because our pup comes on vacation with us and there are times I'd like him to come out with us.
We are going to start training school as soon as she has had all her shots...but working with her every day.... only want to have a well trained dog. We specifically got an English Lab as we know they are a bit more "reserved" than the American.....(or so we are told-- we hope so !)

Last edited by GBGX2; 04-30-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:55 AM   #7
Barney Bear

Default English Labs

Perhaps they bark with a "stiff upper lip".
Barney Bear is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Bear For This Useful Post:
GBGX2 (05-04-2014)
Old 05-04-2014, 02:15 PM   #8
gslpro

Default English Lab

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBGX2 View Post
We are going to start training school as soon as she has had all her shots...but working with her every day.... only want to have a well trained dog. We specifically got an English Lab as we know they are a bit more "reserved" than the American.....(or so we are told-- we hope so !)
Our English Lab, Bonnie, is quite the reserved little girl. We love her so much, and her personality matches us...Relaxed. Barely ever a bark. no bad chewing habits, except that she would eat us out of house and home if it was up to her. Talk about bottomless pit. We keep her running, but we have to really work on getting her weight down, now that we have the open room again to run. I think we all gained weight this past long winter.
Our girl:

Gary and Diane
290 Fiesta Vee "Nauti Bonnie"
gslpro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gslpro For This Useful Post:
cillovely (06-24-2014), GBGX2 (06-16-2014), Greene's Basin Girl (05-04-2014)
Old 06-16-2014, 03:19 PM   #9
GBGX2

Default Bonnie, say hello to Sadie!

Our Sadie just turned 14 weeks !
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GBGX2 For This Useful Post:
blacksheep (06-18-2014), cillovely (06-24-2014), gillygirl (06-16-2014), mcdude (06-16-2014)
Old 06-17-2014, 02:13 PM   #10
jtb9212

Thumbs up Akwa Marina

Was just at the new beach bar at Akwa Marina on Sunday. Saw some picnic tables on the grass right on the lake with 2 yellow labs. I asked our server if they allow dogs there and they said they do! There was food and drink service by wait staff at the picnic tables. Our server also told me that the beach they have is open to the public and they do allow dogs to swim there as well.

I have to admit I was very surprised to hear this and excited, I plan on going there with my 2 black labs after bike week to try it out. I was very excited to think I could sit there and enjoy the lake and have some food and drink with my dogs.

To all dog owners reading this, give it a try and report back on your experiance. It is a really beautiful spot. There is a parking lot there and 2 entrances. One entrance is for VIP/Members and the other is an entrance for the general public. The beach bar is very, very nice. The food was good that I had. A little pricey, but not out of line for what you would expect for that time of seasonal setting.
jtb9212 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jtb9212 For This Useful Post:
blacksheep (06-18-2014), GBGX2 (06-18-2014), HellRaZoR004 (06-17-2014), jkjoshuatree (06-17-2014), Pineedles (06-17-2014)
Old 06-18-2014, 08:23 PM   #11
blacksheep

Yes - Lago is perfect! And you can take the boat - they have their own dock. And ask Chef Jeff Woolley to send out a veal bone for your pup.
blacksheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:18 PM   #12
AkwaMarina

I am glad you enjoyed the marina. The beach is not open to the public library for swimming and not to dogs, sorry for the bad news :-( and I will get this straightened out with the servers, giving you the wrong information.
Again sorry
Kurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtb9212 View Post
Was just at the new beach bar at Akwa Marina on Sunday. Saw some picnic tables on the grass right on the lake with 2 yellow labs. I asked our server if they allow dogs there and they said they do! There was food and drink service by wait staff at the picnic tables. Our server also told me that the beach they have is open to the public and they do allow dogs to swim there as well.

I have to admit I was very surprised to hear this and excited, I plan on going there with my 2 black labs after bike week to try it out. I was very excited to think I could sit there and enjoy the lake and have some food and drink with my dogs.

To all dog owners reading this, give it a try and report back on your experiance. It is a really beautiful spot. There is a parking lot there and 2 entrances. One entrance is for VIP/Members and the other is an entrance for the general public. The beach bar is very, very nice. The food was good that I had. A little pricey, but not out of line for what you would expect for that time of seasonal setting.
AkwaMarina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AkwaMarina For This Useful Post:
Airedale1 (06-18-2014), GBGX2 (06-19-2014)
Old 06-24-2014, 06:48 AM   #13
jtb9212

Default Akwa Marina

Thanks for the reply and the correction. When my server was telling us this I was skeptical but took him for his word. I assume that the picnic tables are still okay to sit with your pet? Thanks.
jtb9212 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jtb9212 For This Useful Post:
GBGX2 (06-25-2014)
Old 06-24-2014, 08:23 AM   #14
cillovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBGX2 View Post
Ah my boy is English too (Bench Lab for those Lab experts) but he's still got plenty of spirit and not so reserved. It takes time, I've heard 2 years. I have about 6 months to go.

Sadie and Bonnie are beauties. Siren rarely barks, but he's a chewer. No stuffed toy is safe with him anymore. I have to get the super strong chew toys (Kongs are the best).

Since we are showing them off here is my boy Siren, who cannot wait to go on vacation to the lake:

cillovely is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cillovely For This Useful Post:
GBGX2 (06-25-2014)
Old 06-24-2014, 07:43 PM   #15
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,625 Times in 561 Posts

Also welcome at the Red Hill Dari.....dock at the Center Harbor town docks and it's 100 yards accross the street next to the Irving station.
Don't suggest a lobster roll for your puppy but many people get a kiddie cone for their doggies.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 11:03 PM   #16
Smokienorm

Default Service Dogs

If you can get your dog qualified as a service dog, with appropriate papers and a vest, you can take the dog into any restaurant, hotel, etc.

It's the law, and they cannot ask you for which particular type of disability the dog serves as a service dog. That'ss against the law.
Smokienorm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Smokienorm For This Useful Post:
wynndog (11-19-2014)
Old 01-14-2015, 10:10 AM   #17
lilyelgato

Default Town Docks Restaurant in Meredith

They let us have our big dog with us at our table outside on the sandy beach dining area at the Town Docks in Meredith. It has shaded umbrellas and was really comfy for our pet.
lilyelgato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:25 PM   #18
gillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyelgato View Post
They let us have our big dog with us at our table outside on the sandy beach dining area at the Town Docks in Meredith. It has shaded umbrellas and was really comfy for our pet.
Last summer, we asked the hostess where we could sit outside with our dog and she said nowhere. We had done it in the past, so we asked her to double-check with the manager on duty, who pointed us to a lone picnic table out front by the parking lot. We left and strolled over to the Lakeside Deli and Grille, where we had a nice lunch at the picnic tables on the lawn. The server who brought us our food also brought water for the dog, without us asking. So that's where we'll head from now on.