Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2016, 12:28 AM   #1
glennsteely

Red face Finding Bigfoot

Wow!! Sitting in New Jersey, first snow of the year, watching the new edition of Finding Bigfoot, in the White Mountains!! Cast is staying at the Omni Resort, at the base of Mt. Washington!! Curious, anybody have any REAL experience with Bigfoot? Does he swim in Winnipesaukee?
Be serious please.....
Old 01-18-2016, 07:19 AM   #2
Winnisquamer

Kind of embarrassed NH will be labeled as one of those dumb states that actually believe bigfoot "lives" here. But I guess its for the TV ratings right?
Winnisquamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winnisquamer For This Useful Post:
Natt (02-03-2016)
Old 01-18-2016, 08:13 AM   #3
PaugusBayFireFighter

Default See them often...

I come from a big family of Italians and Armenians. Bigfoot sightings are common for me. This picture, which appeared to be a Sasquatch riding on the Loch Ness Monster, was nothing more than my uncle riding an inflatable raft in Paugus Bay.
Don't be fooled...
Attached Images

PaugusBayFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PaugusBayFireFighter For This Useful Post:
baygo (01-19-2016), LadyJane (01-18-2016), pondguy (01-18-2016), windsail (02-02-2016)
Old 01-18-2016, 08:47 AM   #4
HomeWood

I watched it purely for the fact they were in NH. I saw a preview for it while watching North Woods Law. That was the corniest thing I've ever watched!
HomeWood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HomeWood For This Useful Post:
Natt (02-03-2016)
Old 01-18-2016, 11:29 AM   #5
dpg

How many shows can they make and for how many years can they actually keep searching? Maybe its time to finally get a clue..
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2016, 04:05 PM   #6
Newbiesaukee

Bigfoot is a wuss.

In Miami, we have the Chupacabra ( goat killer). But it still is not as scary as the folks who see it.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post:
Irish Choppers (01-20-2016)
Old 01-18-2016, 04:57 PM   #7
8gv

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
How many shows can they make and for how many years can they actually keep searching? Maybe its time to finally get a clue..
They found him last year but the economics are better if they keep him sequestered for a few more seasons.
8gv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 05:07 PM   #8
LadyJane

I also watch anything if it has to do with the lakes region. There have been episodes of House Hunters and Log Cabin home search that have focused on towns around the lake. And of course I always look for the brief shot of Sandwich in the opening music to the Bob Newhart Show. I've heard of UFO sightings in the White Mountain region.....but never Big Foot !!
LadyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:18 PM   #9
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaugusBayFireFighter View Post
I come from a big family of Italians and Armenians. Bigfoot sightings are common for me. This picture, which appeared to be a Sasquatch riding on the Loch Ness Monster, was nothing more than my uncle riding an inflatable raft in Paugus Bay.
Don't be fooled...
Very funny! I like your photo.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:36 PM   #10
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Would have been funny as hell to hide in the woods with a gorilla outfit and scare the crap out of those idiots.

What a bunch of loons.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 06:54 AM   #11
Winnisquamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
Would have been funny as hell to hide in the woods with a gorilla outfit and scare the crap out of those idiots.

What a bunch of loons.
That's how you end up getting shot by an unsuspecting landowner by accident
Winnisquamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:36 AM   #12
Kamper

Searching for Bigfoot like animals is just hyped up infotainment. In this area I'm reasonably certain it's BS. Many of my family have worked the land and forests of this state for a couple centuries. The subject of 'Bigfoot in NH' never came up at any family gathering.

Since we have/had several people who liked to spin yarns who never mentioned this subject, I have to say Bf/NH has only recently entered the public consciousness.
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 12:34 PM   #13
fmgate

I read once that a man named Peter Samualson contends he saw one in the Bald Mountain (not to be confused with Bald Knob/Bald Peak) area of the Ossipees in 1979. In the same area (Connor Pond), there is a story of a sighting at the turn of the 20th century. There also have been odd tracks observed in the snow in the Thornton and Waterville Valley areas years ago.

I don't think NH is any more or less bizarre than any other state out there when it comes to reports and sightings of bigfoot. Every state has its fair share stories and legends.
fmgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 06:50 PM   #14
CAVU

Its funny Connor Pond is mentioned. About 4-5yrs ago, a friend came up for the day, we wanted to hit a short hike, close by, something a little different, more remote. We found Bayle Mountain. The whole time hiking that trail, I felt soo uneasy, felt like we were being watched. I didn't want to say anything at the time, didn't want to ruin the hike. When we got out of there, she mentioned feeling the same thing, thinking it was just her imagination. We never saw or heard anything, just something strange about that area. Never been up that road since. Its too bad, driving in, I thought this might be a place I could live in. Not anymore.
CAVU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:13 PM   #15
baygo

Here is a website that lists all the New Hampshire sightings.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/state_listing.asp?state=nh

I would think that if there were any truth to these sightings we would have many more photos. So many people have the camera with them all the time today.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 07:04 AM   #16
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
Here is a website that lists all the New Hampshire sightings.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/state_listing.asp?state=nh

I would think that if there were any truth to these sightings we would have many more photos. So many people have the camera with them all the time today.
You can't get a picture of nothing...
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:02 AM   #17
SIKSUKR

Yup,those bigfoot species must cremate there dead cuz we just cant find 1 bone anywhere but we can find million year old dinoseaurs!
dpg (01-21-2016)
Old 01-21-2016, 11:59 AM   #18
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
Yup,those bigfoot species must cremate there dead cuz we just cant find 1 bone anywhere but we can find million year old dinoseaurs!
How can dino's be a million years old? Wasn't you paying attention in sunday school? Remember these words: "In the beginning"
SIKSUKR (01-25-2016)
Old 01-25-2016, 11:18 PM   #19
glennsteely

Default Great replies....

I have been coming up to the lake and White Mtns. since I was 6 months old. I have spent whole summer's up there, long weeks in the fall, snowy winters, and spring time too....I've opened our cottage, closed our cottage, shoveled our cottage out for Christmas at The Lake....nowadays we vacation at least 2 weeks, sometimes 3, every year in New Hampshire. I've been all over the woods up there, hiked all of the Appalachian Trail in New Hampshire (and about an additional 500 miles of it) my point is....I have never seen a Bigfoot. Never thought I had seen a Bigfoot. With all the time I have spent in the woods in my 48 years, if there was one, I would have seen it. I've seen black bears, deer, moose, Mtn. Lions, bobcat, racoons, beaver, groundhogs, minx, muskrat, killer red squirrels, huge grey squirrels and the king of the jungle.....the chipmunk!! I even believe I saw a UFO at the lake, but no bigfoot.
I guess it makes for good tv (if that's what you want to call it) oh well, I"d watch it again for the scenery!!

Last edited by glennsteely; 01-25-2016 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Auto text writes some screwy things sometimes....2nd edit: note to self, proof read WHOLE post before clicking "submit!"
glennsteely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 08:57 AM   #20
8gv

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennsteely View Post
I have been coming up to the lake and White Mtns. since I was 6 months old. I have spent whole summer's up there, long weeks in the fall, snowy winters, and spring time too....I've opened our cottage, closed our cottage, shoveled our cottage out for Christmas at The Lake....nowadays we vacation at least 2 weeks, sometimes 3, every year in New Hampshire. I've been all over the woods up there, hiked all of the Appalachian Trail in New Hampshire (and about an additional 500 miles of it) my point is....I have never seen a Bigfoot. Never thought I had seen a Bigfoot. With all the time I have spent in the woods in my 48 years, if there was one, I would have seen it. I've seen black bears, deer, moose, Mtn. Lions, bobcat, racoons, beaver, groundhogs, minx, muskrat, killer red squirrels, huge grey squirrels and the king of the jungle.....the chipmunk!! I even believe I saw a UFO at the lake, but no bigfoot.
I guess it makes for good tv (if that's what you want to call it) oh well, I"d watch it again for the scenery!!

Well they wouldn't be very successfull with "Finding Squirrel" would they?

Looking for something that won't be found has more episodes.
8gv is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 8gv For This Useful Post:
rander7823 (01-26-2016)
Old 01-31-2016, 07:35 AM   #21
glennsteely

Talking Call me crazy.....

Ok, I'm up early on a Sunday morning.....flipping through the channels, wifey is up early most Sundays, she makes a huge breakfast before the Church activities start. Anyway, I get to AnimalPlanet, and our FAVORITE show is on, "Finding Bigfoot".....to my absolute AMAZEMENT, this one is filmed and about......MAINE!!! For real?? I can't believe it, all the years I've been exploring that area, I never heard a single bigfoot story. EVER!! To top it off, there is quite alot of stories and accounts, pictures and press coming out of Maine!! Apparently, its pretty prevalent up there. Wow! It's amazing that I never heard of it until the TV and "reality" tv made it so!!
Old 01-31-2016, 08:50 AM   #22
Kamper

Quote:
... Wow! It's amazing that I never heard of it until the TV and "reality" tv made it so!!
You need to remember, the function of those talking heads on TV is to fill up the time during commercials.
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:30 PM   #23
noreast

Supposedly, last summer there were many sightings In NH,Maine & Vermont east and west of the whites, almost like following the Appalachian trail. I don't know why there not on that BFRO sight someone posted, but I recall many news stories last year. After living here my entire life, and climbing everything imaginable, I've never heard of a sighting in NE. I'd love to bump into one one though, I think?
noreast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 08:31 PM   #24
glennsteely

Default Large Feets.....

I wear a size 15 shoe.....now, you KNOW what they say about a guy with big feet, right?

What?? No, they wear big shoes, thats all!!
Wow! Dirty minds.....
Anyway, I forgot about this thread I started.....and being that we JUST got back to Dirty Jersey from "A Re-vamp in The Hamp!" I started thinking..... (no, your neighbor isn't starting a fire) being that Bigfoot has those HUGE, MASSIVE FEET.....Well.....
WHAT?? NO PERV, I was going to say, they must have what you would call a "BIG UNDERSTANDING" huh?
Old 08-24-2017, 07:32 AM   #25
Hillcountry

Quote:
I wear a size 15 shoe.....now, you KNOW what they say about a guy with big feet, right?

What?? No, they wear big shoes, thats all!!
Wow! Dirty minds.....
Anyway, I forgot about this thread I started.....and being that we JUST got back to Dirty Jersey from "A Re-vamp in The Hamp!" I started thinking..... (no, your neighbor isn't starting a fire) being that Bigfoot has those HUGE, MASSIVE FEET.....Well.....
WHAT?? NO PERV, I was going to say, they must have what you would call a "BIG UNDERSTANDING" huh?
FLL...is that you??
Hillcountry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 07:36 AM   #26
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
FLL...is that you??
No GS is a poor Philadelphia Eagles fan that watched as the Pats schooled them in one of there Superbowl wins.Had to throw another dig at ya GS.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:51 AM   #27
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
No GS is a poor Philadelphia Eagles fan that watched as the Pats schooled them in one of there Superbowl wins.Had to throw another dig at ya GS.
It's such a pleasure knowing they all hate the Pats but they keep shutting up the critics and haters.
Hillcountry is online now   Reply With Quote