Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2020, 07:59 PM   #1
Sue Doe-Nym
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 695
Thanks: 398
Thanked 319 Times in 154 Posts
Default How are our local restaurants faring?

We are just wondering how the local restaurants providing takeout service are doing during this terrible crisis? We hope they’re able to hang on until the situation improves. Down here in Florida, where hospitality is the big thing, especially during the winter months, it’s looking pretty grim. We hope that many of those being affected will be able to return to some degree of normalcy. 🤞
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:11 PM   #2
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,850
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 218
Thanked 599 Times in 443 Posts
Thumbs up ........ two for $5.45

Stopping at the Meredith McDonald's take out window this afternoon was no problem because the Route 3 bridge closing over the Weirs channel has been postponed. Traffic was very light, and I was able to cruise right into the #2 spot, fast, at the take out window.

For $5.45, tax included, I got two yummy filet-o-fish sandwiches made with real Alaska pollock, caught in the Barrow Sea and frozen to lock in their yummy Alaska pollock flavor which tastes a whole lot better than anything ever caught in Lake Winnipesaukee.
__________________
Down & out, livn that Walmart side of the lake!
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 11:32 PM   #3
Hillcountry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: In the hills
Posts: 2,001
Thanks: 1,254
Thanked 609 Times in 361 Posts
Default

They are struggling here as they are there. Not being able to seat patrons and rely on take out to survive is proving difficult for everyone. All our local breakfast places are closed (tough to have breakfast take-out) some of the restaurants are fully closed for the duration.
The Tilt’n Diner, usually open and busy in the morning, was silent as my wife and I drove by yesterday to shop and run an errand. There are signs in windows that read “WE ARE OPEN” (for take-out) but there were no customers at that time.
Most are doing lunch and dinner only (that I know of)
I had heard the Route 93 rest areas were closed for food but open for gas and liquor. ( haven’t verified this, only heard it)
Tough times for the small businesses...
Hillcountry is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hillcountry For This Useful Post:
beantownbaby (05-07-2020)
Old 04-10-2020, 06:13 AM   #4
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,850
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 218
Thanked 599 Times in 443 Posts
Arrow ..... gimme that fish!

The take-out window at the Meredith McDonald's seems like it is doing the same amount of business as always, maybe a little more. It now has new plexiglass petitions within the two window, transaction areas for personnel protection.
__________________
Down & out, livn that Walmart side of the lake!
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 07:55 AM   #5
SAMIAM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Moultonborough
Posts: 2,505
Thanks: 180
Thanked 1,182 Times in 410 Posts
Default

Everyone I talk to in the business is hurting pretty badly but I think most will survive if we can get open by early May.
Restaurants have more overhead than other small business.
Even a medium sized restaurant will have nearly $2,000 monthly in utilities and many other services are on contract and paid monthly and many lease equipment.
Thankfully,we are doing 30 to 90 Take out dinners depending on the night which is a huge help but certainly not paying the bills.
Been doing sunday breakfast also but it's really not taken off.We're trying ,but breakfast doesn't seem to be a favorite for take out
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2020, 08:03 AM   #6
tis
Senior Member
 
tis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,892
Thanks: 516
Thanked 895 Times in 626 Posts
Default

My heart goes out to you Sam and all the other restaurants that are struggling.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:53 AM   #7
Biggd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Waltham Ma./Meredith NH
Posts: 2,391
Thanks: 981
Thanked 620 Times in 397 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
The take-out window at the Meredith McDonald's seems like it is doing the same amount of business as always, maybe a little more. It now has new plexiglass petitions within the two window, transaction areas for personnel protection.
You're building up your immune system eating at McDonald's every day. If you can survive that, you can survive anything.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post:
rander7823 (04-14-2020)
Old 04-10-2020, 08:58 AM   #8
Top-Water
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Derry-Belmont
Posts: 1,446
Thanks: 1,036
Thanked 547 Times in 335 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
You're building up your immune system eating at McDonald's every day. If you can survive that, you can survive anything.
LOL.............. that one made me smile.
__________________
Sometimes our richest memories spring from places we knew when we were young.
Top-Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 09:38 AM   #9
Bigstan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Waltham MA / Gilford NH
Posts: 316
Thanks: 6
Thanked 142 Times in 76 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
They are struggling here as they are there. Not being able to seat patrons and rely on take out to survive is proving difficult for everyone. All our local breakfast places are closed (tough to have breakfast take-out) some of the restaurants are fully closed for the duration.
The Tilt’n Diner, usually open and busy in the morning, was silent as my wife and I drove by yesterday to shop and run an errand. There are signs in windows that read “WE ARE OPEN” (for take-out) but there were no customers at that time.
Most are doing lunch and dinner only (that I know of)
I had heard the Route 93 rest areas were closed for food but open for gas and liquor. ( haven’t verified this, only heard it)
Tough times for the small businesses...
I thought the same thing re: breakfast takeout until we got it from Water St.
It was great, I didn't think breakfast translated to takeout but they pulled it off.

There are huge signs at the Hookset plazas saying 'we are open'. But there are never more than a small handful of cars in the lot...
Bigstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.26435 seconds